Team UK - February 2011

Options

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi all, haven't posted lately because I haven't really had anything to say. Like lrns I lost my mojo, although I think my motivation dip has been fuelled by a sudden weight gain (an impressive 5lbs in 10 days) despite my diet staying the same, then followed by having to take a break from the gym to a knee injury. Made it back to the gym today so feeling a bit better now.

I hope everyone is having a good week.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hey all :smile:

Well I've had a rotten few days! My boyfriend's uncle died suddenly on Monday morning :frown:

I've hardly been in my own house since, and have had a diet of sandwiches, buns and tea! As well as this, it has meant that my car still isn't fixed and I've had to borrow my mums car to get back and forth to work! Of course, not having my own car means that I'm not able to do my after-work walk (and didn't do any walking yesterday due to the funeral taking place) as my mum needs her car in the evenings.

I thought an awful lot of his uncle, and I have taken his death quite bad, and I have really missed my walks as it helps to clear my head! I talked nicely to mum this morning and she doesn't need the car this evening, so I'm going to try to do a bit more walking this evening... Just need to get myself motivated enough to do it! Then it's time to fix my car :smile:
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sending you lots of love and support lesley1981 xxxx
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Lesley.

I didn't post yesterday even tho it was my WW weight in. I felt dreadful & totally exhausted. I've been doing loads of extra hours at work & going to the gym & I think it all hit yesterday. I even had to have a nap when I got in from work!

Still when I did get weighed I'd lost 4lb! :noway: My usual leader was off & I don't think the fill in leader's scales were working properly as on my home scales I'd only lost 1lb. So I'll have to see what happens next week.

My DH had just got home & announced that he's booked us in for a meal on Valentines night at 8pm (the latest possible booking). Only problem is that's Monday, and on Mondays I work till 9pm, and have done so for over 3 years. Sigh. It's a lovely thought, but I had to tell him I couldn't go. He's now off upstairs sulking!
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My DH had just got home & announced that he's booked us in for a meal on Valentines night at 8pm (the latest possible booking). Only problem is that's Monday, and on Mondays I work till 9pm, and have done so for over 3 years. Sigh. It's a lovely thought, but I had to tell him I couldn't go. He's now off upstairs sulking!

Sounds familiar! My husband booked us a surprise meal for Valentines on Saturday, at a restaurant we used to go to for really special occasions when we were first together. It's the first time he's done it in 18 years, a lovely thought, and I would be over the moon.....except that I'm on-call this weekend!!!!
  • Rosy67
    Options
    Just had a text- he's changed it to tonight!!!!! :happy: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Have a lovely lovely time Rosy. x
  • Jain
    Options

Sounds familiar! My husband booked us a surprise meal for Valentines on Saturday, at a restaurant we used to go to for really special occasions when we were first together. It's the first time he's done it in 18 years, a lovely thought, and I would be over the moon.....except that I'm on-call this weekend!!!!

Bloody typical!
    I had a word with my boss this morning & he's managed to alter my shift so I finish in time to make the meal. I get home to tell my DH the good news & find out he's now going to be in London for work on Monday. ARGGGGGG:mad:
  • Jain
    Options
    Have a great time Rosy!
  • Rosy67
    Options
    Oh God! Food was so fabulous....If you ever want a small but superb restaurant in Sheffield (originally started by two brothers who used to work at the Savoy), Rafters in Nether Green is the place to go....
    Only problem is I wasn't planning for it, so well over calories again today, and I can't do extra exercise because my knee's still playing up. I was in line for 3lbs tomorrow, but that might all change.....If so, sorry Numpties, but it was worth it!
  • backinthenines
    Options
    My weigh in day today...

Weighed this morning and down from 146.8 pounds last Sunday to 145.5 pounds this morning. So 1.3 lb down this week for the Southern Softies. Not as much as my 2lb last week but it's still coming off.

Valentines came early for me as my man has to go abroad for a week and a half and won't be here tomorrow. He's a northener and a senior engineer for Bentley in Crewe and he drove me home back to South Wales in a Mulsanne today... Absolutely lush. The car costs more than twice my house, hahaha :laugh:
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Attempting to explain to a colleague about calories (she's skinny and never needed to understand!) - another colleague said women need 1300 calories a day to maintain their weight....................!

Ummmm I dunno what everyone else thinks, but that so isn't right!!

Actually when I'm at my usual 120lb then 1300 calories is probably about my maintenance in a non-training day.
  • Sumosumo
    Options
    Hope you don't mind another very softie southerner joining in? I'm 206 lb and have to lose 40 to 45 lb so I shall be around for a while yet and this looks like a good team for sharing motivation. I'm very impressed by what you've all achieved.:flowerforyou:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Had an absolutely poo day at work and I'm not happy. Phoned mum for a chat then sat on the sofa huddled up in my coat trying to get my head together. Thought "Sod this for a game of soldiers", went upstairs and put on my workout kit then did the 30 Day Shred LEVEL 3!!!!!!!!! My abs are absolutely killing right now! Really pleased I made it through and pretty proud of myself BUT concerned that I didn't burn as many cals as I normally do on level 2?!

oh i start level 2 soon! im on day 9 of level one and find it quit easy! i might actually try level 2 tonight instead! eek! i had a sneak peak and it looks really difficult!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

oh surprise meal sounds nice! fingers crossed u dont get called in? what do u do? hubby has had a bad run with oncalls recently! lol! getting called in twice in the night!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    hi 'team UK' co-ordinator type person lol

im in Scotland, west coast

add me as a friend if u wana :)

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • retrobolted
    Options
    Hi All,

just jumping on here mid-month, hopefully will have some good news to contribute over the weeks and months to come.

Nick
  • mellissacase
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Well done for all the amazing weight loss, i'm really pleased that everyone is doing well.

Not been a good week at all for me. My car failed its MOT badly so basically had to let it go and I found out I'm likely to be made redundant too, along with health issues its not been a good week, hence the 1 lb on! Pleased to say that i'm trying to move on, living without a car is a good thing, means iv got much more walking to do!

I hope to make big changes this week and have a big loss on Saturday. Hope you all have an amazing week. Off to cook my husband a surprise healthy Valentines dinner now.

Mel
  • James_H
    Options
    I finally started doing some proper exercise two weeks ago, and since then my weight has been staying fairly constant or even increasing slightly.

However, I know I'm losing fat because my clothes are all getting huge. So I decided to chuck the scales in the cupboard for a couple of weeks, it's just far too tempting to jump on every morning before my shower when I see them there...
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good morning... and happy Valentine's Day to all :heart:

I had a lovely relaxing weekend, didn't do much at all apart from a cycle yesterday, and I didn't go over my calories!! WIN!!

The cycle yesterday was funny... my bf was boasting about how fast he is on the bike and challenged me to a race! He gave me a slight head start, and after a few minutes I looked back only to see him leaning up against a park bench exhausted! Oh how I laughed!! Turns out I'm a lot fitter than I was the last time we went out on the bikes, and he's a lot less fit!