What is your FAV SLOW COOKER Recipe?

Options

Replies

• nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    soo many great ideas on here! love it! I love my crock pot, I know wehre to come when I am in a crockpot rut!
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Pork Picnic/Boston Butt with ANY seasonings you are in the mood for is the VERY BEST meat dish in the crock pot! I cook for a minimum of 8 hours and my families favorite seasoning is Adobo (in the spanish section of the grocery).
  • tamarab3
    Options
    Here's my favorite crockpot recipe. Put a beef roast (the cheapest you can buy) in the crockpot. Mix one can cream of mushroom soup and one paket Lipton onion soup mix and add to crock pot. Add one can Coke (must be regular-no diet). Cook on low for 8-9 hours. This comes out so tender. I serve it over brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com 's Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas! Perfect on a tortilla with avocado and lime, or on rice with avocado and lime!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Take a boneless ham and cut it into small chunks, then take about 6 potatoes and slice them up fairly thin. Get a package of 2% cheddar cheese (sharp works best) shredded and the 99% fat free cream of mushroom soup. What you do is start with the Ham and then potatoes, then cheesem then soup and you layer them. Keep layering till you get to the top. Put the lid on and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours or till the potatoes are tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Its a nice full meal served with a green salad!
  • dandra
    dandra Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump! I can't wait to try so many of these. thank you.
  • SuziDod
    Options
    Hi Dandra,
    Try my low-sodium tomato bisque in the slow cooker. It's on the recipe tab under soups I think. If you don't find it there, my sign-on name is SuziDod. Hope you find some good recipes! Suzi
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    I like to make potroast and it's absolutely delicious (and easy!)

Ingredients:
    Beef roast (I like shoulder cuts)
    1 box (contains 2 packets) of Lipton soup seasoning which comes in a blue box and can be found int he soup aisl near the bouillon. (I like "onion mushroom" or "beefy onion" flavors)
    Whatever veggies you like (potatoes, onions, baby carrots and maybe some mushrooms)

Pour a quarter cup of water into the crockpot and add half of a packet of seasoning. Place the meat in and add the rest of the seasoning packet. I also like to finely chop an onion and toss it in (it helps season the meat).

Cook on low for 6 hours.

Add the veggies and sprinkle the second packet of seasoning on top.

Let cook on low for 1 to 1.5 hours or until the potatoes are tender. The seasoning packets pack plenty of flavor, so there's no need to salt the dish. I always just put out salt shakers and let everyone season as they wish for their own plate.

Delicious! It always turns out beautifully and requires so little effort! This is always my "go to" meal when I have friends over for dinner.

Just don't add the veggies until the meat has cooked for 5 or 6 hours. If you add the veggies at the beginning, they'll be absolute mush by the time the meat is done.
  • rachelily
    rachelily Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    bump. These sound like great recipies.
  • mbnym74
    mbnym74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chirst
    chirst Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump - thanks will give some of these a go

:laugh:
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    bump
  • audbbgirl
    Options
    BUMP
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    bump
  • audbbgirl
    Options
    Thow a couple cans of tomatos sauce, some green peppers, onions, garlic and seasoning to taste..then add a few chicken breasts. Cook until chicken falls apart. Then make some rice. Serve poured over rice...absolutely delicious
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nukehiker
    Options
    one of my favorite crock pot/ slow cooker recipes is called " Cuban Style Shredded Steak "
    it goes as follows

2 1/2 pounds flank steak
    1 can ( 8oz ) tomato sauce
    1 cup low sodium beef broth
    1 package taco seasoning
    1 large onion ( diced )
    1 large bell pepper ( seeded and diced )
    1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

1. place steak in slow cooker, pour tomato sauce and beef broth. add taco seasoning,. mix onion bell pepper cilantro, and black pepper.

2. cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.

3. shred cooked meat and stir in vinegar. serve with rice and black beans.

4. not sure the exact nutritional info but it sure is good !!

ENJOY

James
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angelahanks
    Options
    Definitely try Barbacoa beef with Corn Salsa. Serve it over rice, with whole wheat tortillas or on a salad. This is a fabulous recipe! I made it for the first time last week and I will definitely be making it again. Enjoy!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/barbacoa-beef.html