30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• bp1140
    bp1140 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow (Monday, February 14th) so I am excited to keep up with everyone! Thanks for starting this. We will motivate each other. We CAN do this! I am excited to give this gift to myself for Valentine's Day!!!
    Betsy
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    BUMP:smile:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the 30 Day Shred! I did D7 L1 today! I want to move up soon, but I have some neck pain (non-Shred related), so I might stay in L1 for a while more... I dunno. Maybe one more day of L1.
    L1D9 complete! Anyone else's ankles hurt? Mine are freaking killing me and I can't figure out why. Can't decide if I want too move up after 10 days. Is L2 a killer?
    1ofthegang... I got a bit of that too. Be careful on the jumping jacks, and the "skiing" move where you lung from side to side (side lunges?). Focus on proper form.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I started the 30-Day Shred on Thursday night, but today was my first opportunity to do it again. I was so sore on Friday that I didn't want to do it again on Friday because in addition to doing the shred, I'm also training for a marathon and Saturday was 10 miles for me. At this point, the run was more important. But I did L1D2 tonight and struggled pretty much the same as I did on Thursday. The pushup killed me, as did the jumping jacks!! And for some reason, it really pisses me off each time she says "I have 400 lb people doing jumping jacks. If they can do it so can you". I don't know why it does, but it does. Anyway, I managed through as best I could tonight. Took a few breaks. I think I felt a little stronger at the end there when she combined all 4 cardio moves (jumping jacks, butt kicks, punches, and jump rope). We'll see how I feel tomorrow when I run again.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Well, you guys have really inspired me. Sticking with it and pushing through when you want to give up. I'm feeling pretty cruddy right now because I just couldn't stick with it. I never let myself off the hook (especially when I'm already sweaty and downstairs ready to go) but I just couldn't finish it. I got 5 minutes in and I was done. I don't think it was necessarily the physical aspect. I had just run/walk for 30 minutes but even that was harder than it should've been. I think I was missing the go-getter attitude I usually have that pushes me through these things. I just didn't feel like listening to her talk for 20 minutes, in addition to just feeling generally blah about doing it. I've been feeling this way a lot lately about my workouts. I'm still doing them, but I'm hoping it's just a funk and I'm hoping I'll break out of it soon. It's not helping that I"m so disappointed in myself. Maybe I need a rest day. Maybe I need a couple of rest days because I'm just worn out. Maybe I"m just making excuses. I don't know. Anyway, failed attempt at L1D4 tonight. Not sure if I'm going to work out tomorrow, might take a break. Will keep you posted.
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well, you guys have really inspired me. Sticking with it and pushing through when you want to give up. I'm feeling pretty cruddy right now because I just couldn't stick with it. I never let myself off the hook (especially when I'm already sweaty and downstairs ready to go) but I just couldn't finish it. I got 5 minutes in and I was done. I don't think it was necessarily the physical aspect. I had just run/walk for 30 minutes but even that was harder than it should've been. I think I was missing the go-getter attitude I usually have that pushes me through these things. I just didn't feel like listening to her talk for 20 minutes, in addition to just feeling generally blah about doing it. I've been feeling this way a lot lately about my workouts. I'm still doing them, but I'm hoping it's just a funk and I'm hoping I'll break out of it soon. It's not helping that I"m so disappointed in myself. Maybe I need a rest day. Maybe I need a couple of rest days because I'm just worn out. Maybe I"m just making excuses. I don't know. Anyway, failed attempt at L1D4 tonight. Not sure if I'm going to work out tomorrow, might take a break. Will keep you posted.

Don't get too down on yourself. Take a day off if you need it. One or two days off of exercise won't sabotage your progress. I hope you feel better soon. I know how hard it is to get motivated sometimes...
  • mom2TNT
    mom2TNT Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Take a break. From all my reading, your body is saying "too much, too fast" and needs a break.

Sundays are my rest days but I did Shred tonight. did not think i would make it. The dvd player and remote would not work. My husband had to look up the manual online to fix it. I actually worked out Monday because I did not start until after midnight.

Oh well, got it in. circuit 1 kicked my butt. Jumping jacks and rope I modified as i dont want to overload my knees. c25kb way more important to me right now. I decided that with all my other stuff I am not even going to log these burned calories. I have something M-Sat to log so doing this and everyday and not loggin it ensures I am under calories everyday. Just have to be sure to eat most of my other cals.

Well, D1L1 done. Time for bed. Need rest - still fighting cold off. Emergen-C pink and Dayquil are my friends right now.
    Nite all. Check in tomorrow.
  • mandikess
    Options
    Starting in the morning........can't wait :bigsmile:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    L1D9 complete! Anyone else's ankles hurt? Mine are freaking killing me and I can't figure out why. Can't decide if I want too move up after 10 days. Is L2 a killer?

well let me put it this way, u will sweat a lot!!!! But I enjoyed it. Loads better than level one :)
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hi-I just found this thread--some great discussion. I have been doing this workout for 2 weeks and think I'm going to start level 3 today.

I'm a little scared because level 2 was kind of a killer (the jumping around was really tough on knees) but I did feel like I at least wasn't so clumsy the last few days. Has anyone tried level 3 yet??

Someone asked about calorie burn way back--I started each program burning around 250 and it gradually went down in the 220s, then 190s after getting used to it.

good luck everyone!
  • 21by21
    21by21 Posts: 12
    Options
    I tried to wake up at 6:30 to do D2L1 but I ended up sleeping through my alarm clock. I have decided to do it tonight after my work and lab instead. I woke up to some soreness in my shoulders and arms, but it wasn't terrible. Can't wait to do it again tonight!
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I was at Target yesterday and just happened to come across this DVD, not looking for it, but I was in the fitness section... Anywho after continually hearing all the hype about it on here I figured for $9 bucks, "What the heck". So I bought it. I am typically a gym goer and like intense (or whats intense for me) hikes on the weekend... I think this will be good though to throw into the mix, seems like a quick workout I can do on a day where I work late.

I am curious how many calories I will burn though and if its a good workout cause I am used to burning anywhere from 450-500 at the gym and my hikes burn over 600 cals (I try to do this once a week) I workout 6 days a week. I have a HRM so we shall see!!!

I think I will give it a try tonight. :)
  • laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well I took my first rest day yesterday, on day 28 of all days!! I had a terrible migraine for about 3 hrs, napped it off, and then just felt drained the rest of the day. After 28 days straight of doing it Jillian really must have gotten in my head!! I have had this terrible guilt, thinking man I could have done it! Anyone else feel this way when they missed a day?? I will definitely get back on it today but I just feel so bad that I didnt get it done in 30 days!! I know that probably sounds terribly silly!! And Im not planning on stopping it so Im not sure why the guilt.
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    D4L1 done! :bigsmile: Yesterday was my rest day. The first circuit felt SO tough today, but the rest of the workout felt great. I am wondering if it was from not working out yesterday. I still really feel that the best thing *for me* is to take my day of rest each week though.

Keep on shreddin' the inches and pounds ladies!!!!! :happy:
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to shred yesterday soo today was Round 2 Day 2 level 3 for me.

I am really pushing myself to not modify and although I can't do as many reps as Natalie, I am doing it better and better each day. My goal is to be able to do this whole DVD without modification or stopping.

My shoulders are really feeling it today but it is a good hurt.

You guys are really doing a great job, love to read your posts!
  • amandakay23
    Options
    Finished L1 D10 today..on to L2 tomorrow!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    laura4410... I felt guilty when I missed a day, but then it was gone (2 days later). Give yourself a break once in a while. We all need that. Just push it as much as you can, and then when you take a day off, you know you have earned it! :flowerforyou:
    well let me put it this way, u will sweat a lot!!!! But I enjoyed it. Loads better than level one :)
    I sweat a lot in L1!! :laugh:
  • ellofitness
    Options
    I love this DVD. Its short compared to other DVDs so its easier to stick to doing. Went to Level three the first time this weekend and my arms are killing me! I also have her Fat burning DVD, but find it more boring. Going to just stick with the 30-day shred.
  • amandakay23
    Options
    Well I took my first rest day yesterday, on day 28 of all days!! I had a terrible migraine for about 3 hrs, napped it off, and then just felt drained the rest of the day. After 28 days straight of doing it Jillian really must have gotten in my head!! I have had this terrible guilt, thinking man I could have done it! Anyone else feel this way when they missed a day?? I will definitely get back on it today but I just feel so bad that I didnt get it done in 30 days!! I know that probably sounds terribly silly!! And Im not planning on stopping it so Im not sure why the guilt.

Good luck! I burn anywhere from 220-285 in the 28 minutes, not bad! I start with some jumping jacks while they are talking and start the next whatever it may be, immediately after I stop the prior whatever it may be lol...I don't wait for her to say go. I think when I did wait for her to day go, the first couple of days, I burned little under 200 cal. It is fun with HRM to see how hard you can push yourself and make for more calories burned! Not sure that made much sense to anyone but myself but oh well! :laugh:
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else NOT sweat much doing this dvd? Even if you give it all you got? I only sweat a little bit. I was never much of a sweater when I worked out or did anything.