Eight Week Transition Diet CHALLENGE! Join me Jan 24!

Options
123457»

Replies

• gingermim
    gingermim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well this shouldn't be to hard to do because I haven't been out to a restaurant lately for dinner...I am down 1.5 lbs since week 3 for a total of 13lbs lost since starting...heres to more pounds gone. Happy valentines day everyone and happy losing.
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I think we have lost most of our peeps. :-(
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    Week 5
    Reduce starchy carbohydrates.
    Starches include rice, bread, potatoes, corn, beans, and other legumes. While many of these are in no way bad foods, most people tend to consume far too many of them. So what you want to do this week is cut way down on them, if not cutting them out completely. Then add them back in when your body feels like it needs energy, which it will at some point if you're exercising (and why wouldn't you be?). But don't add a huge plate or bowl of pasta; instead, add a small single serving. Starches are great energy food, but if you eat too many, they turn the tables and make you sluggish!

Cheat Days: 1

Weekly focus:
    Sugar is only beneficial after a hard workout. Your body doesn't need processed sugar. But if you really enjoy it and can't avoid letting some sneak into your daily diet, the 1-hour period after you exercise is the best time to indulge. During this window, your blood sugar is low, because you've used it up to finish your workout (assuming you pushed yourself), and sugar during this time will help you recover faster because it speeds into your system and initiates the recovery process. Adding a little protein,but not too much, will enhance your recovery even further. The best ratio is 1 part protein to 4 parts carbs, as inP90X
    ® Results and Recovery Formula®. You should avoid fats during this immediate post-workout period, because they slow absorption—a good thing most of the time, just not during and immediately after working out.
  • ncgirlie_2000
    Options
    What about raw sugar? I hope we can use that because I hate coffe without a little something. I"m still sticking with it. I've lost 4 lbs so I guess that's normal It's frustrating when you work out like crazy but don't see th scale move as much as you think it should! But I'm sticking with it. Even though I haven't lost a bunch of weight, I acutally feel better and feel my energy level is pretty much consistent throughout the day. Week 5 here I come!
  • weslfuss
    Options
    I'm still here! Just haven't posted in a while because of shame, lol. I've been falling off the wagon, hard. Wondering if I should keep going with you guys or just start all over again on my own? I feel like if I only do well on the last half, then it won't make as big as an impact.
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    I'm still here! Just haven't posted in a while because of shame, lol. I've been falling off the wagon, hard. Wondering if I should keep going with you guys or just start all over again on my own? I feel like if I only do well on the last half, then it won't make as big as an impact.

Whatever you think will work for you. You can always just keep going with us but start with ALL the rules we've done so far. :-)
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    Anyone still out there??
  • ncgirlie_2000
    Options
    Wow! Anyone still participating?
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    Nope, I think everyone quit. Or at least they aren't posting. Oh well, it was a good theory! :-)