T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team

Replies

• Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Sorry your doing it tough at the moment Deb. I've got to disagree with Vicki though, no man is worth that much pain. If someone causes you pain then they aren't worth knowing imo anyway. It will get better though, you already knwo that though with having been through a big break up before. Have a moan or a rant on here anytime and i'm sure one of us will be here even if we don't posts as often as some others. I have a look even if i don't post and i'd never leave a post unanswered if someone was obviously feeling miserable.

I posted last week my loss, a bit nervous about weighing today as i've been ravenous all bloomin week. AF is due though so i'm putting it down to that. Haven't had any time to go on the wii today yet and have no scales so will try and weigh later.

Vicky
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    crazybee sw 272 first goal weight 200 cw 233.4= loss of -2.5 lbs
    Egam sw 210 gw 180 cw 198 = loss of 2 lbs!
    vikalyn sw 232; gw 150; cw 226½--lost another pound!
    Losingit4good SW 252/ gw 200/ CW 220.2 ...... Im in the loser club this week! yaya!! 1lb gone!

Sorry Ive been MIA!! I had so much going on this week, but I have been being good with food, exercise, ect! Hubby leaving Monday for at least a week, maybe 2, so Im spending some QT with him before he heads out... getting a good long ride in today (leaving in about 10 minutes).

I'll start us up a new thread this next Thursday night. WIll post the link at the end of this thread and on Facebook.

Congrats on the losses ladies!! WOOHOO!!!
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    I had a fantastic time at the concert. It was a benefit for cystic fibrosis, there was a women in the community that did a lot of awareness and fundraising and sadly she passes away about a year ago and the concert was to honour her and all her good works. It also featured some of my FAVORITE artists, David Vertesi, The Zolas, Hannah Georgas and Dan Mangan (all local talents that are huge on the indie scene at the moment). The theatre was just 15 minutes away from my house and my sister drove! It was amazing!

Ah! i feel like I can finally relax! I've got this week off and plan to catch up on some much needed sleep ... and write a few papers...but I'm trying not to think about that!
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Howdy Gals,

Wanted to post last night, but the WWW. was closed! Couldn't even get on with my smart-phone! How dumb it that!!! Had to fix my food intake for yesterday...posted breakfast twice...and didn't post any dinner.

I'm doing my weekly food plan, should be rather easy, no evening meetings (that I can think of)/ I have a scheduled phone call from my health coach, and will report good news. I have to remind myself; even though I'm 10 pounds less then I was when I first started...I no where near at a healthy weight and stay focused on my goal.

Welcome back, Cyndi. Yeah, I see you motorcycling your afternoons away. I'm so freakin' jealous. I can't even walk out of my motorcycle without "dancing" over ice patches (more like mini rinks). Congrats on the minus pound. That's perfect!

Glad you had a good time at the concert, Emma. You and Deb are HOT in the weight loss division.

Vicky...you are right...my fingers were not typing what my brain was formulating. I shouldn't post late at night.

So, Shana...did you do something fun with your hair?

Back to the chore at hand....

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*
  • just a tad shorter and blonder and darker hehe it's my picture. :)
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    I had a great weekend. Had Valentines dinner out last night with a good friend of mine. He's been my Valentine for the last 7 yrs. We're just good friends though. I could only eat half my dinner I got so full so fast. I ate the rest of the chicken for breakfast today. LOL Today I was lazy and didn't go to church but took a nice 20 minutes walk with my son. I love spending time with him. He is so darn funny and he was telling me about the kids at child care at the church last night. There was a dinner/dance at church last night as a fund raiser for the youth's trip to Belize, and he did the child care for 2 hours last night. Those kids had him in stitches. He had me in stitches telling me the stories.

Thanks you guys for being so nice to me about Mike. I was such a fool and he really broke my heart. I am just thankful this didn't send me into a binge with food. Instead it made me want to look HOT and find someone else!

I tried to take a picture of me all dressed up last night but it didn't turn out well and no one was home to take it for me Shawnalee. I will work on a new pic soon.

Glad you had a good time at the concert Emma. Get some rest and get your papers done.

Have a great week all!!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Happy Valentines Days everyone.. Hope you feel the love...

This morning I sat down and had a long talk with my husband.. I want me treadmill fixed or replaced... Lets see if he listens.. He is doing the shopping today and I gave him a list of stuff for me.. Told him no more junk ... Lets see if he listens...

I have been horrible on this diet.. I am busy all the time and never find time for me.. I am going to log my food and exercise (which i am starting today) and will always try to post...

Hope you all have a great day...

Anita
  • Ahh...the day of romance! I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Valentine's Day today!

Although I bought new lingerie and surprised my hubby last night...it didn't quite go as planned! I was feeling like a whale but tried my best not to show it. Turns out, my 3 year-old had night terrors and 2 accidents. So...we didn't get to enjoy a romantic evening after all. :-( There's nothing quite like changing sheets and trying to soothe your child in lingerie!! LOL! The joys of being a mom!

My mood isn't what it should be today, but I'm tracking my food anyway. I keep going WAY over my sugar limit, which I'm convinced is the reason I feel so awful all the time. I just didn't realize how much sugar was in EVERYTHING!!! Any suggestions for food substitutes? I found some Sugar Free Crystal Light Frozen Pops, and they're not bad. I bought some Kashi GoLean cereal and didn't realize it had quite a bit of sugar as well. :-( Basically, my sugar limit was reached with breakfast alone!

The day isn't over, so onward we march. I always liked Bob's quote from The Biggest Loser "Believe in the process."

Have a great day all!
  • vikalyn
    Howdy Gals,

Wow, Shawna, that's quite a read! I've heard of cases like hers, but not that extreme. I like the idea of taking a day and go over the allotted calories ( a bit), just to fool the body. Thanks for passing that along! BTW...your hair looks cute! I can't do the darker underneath that's so hot now. I'm too..."blond".

Becca...Sugar is just something you're going to have to wean yourself off of. (Can you end a sentence with "of"?) I don't believe in artificial sweeteners any more. They've not help me lose any weight (same with No Fat), and in fact I think they help us GAIN weight. I use an all natural Blue Agave Syrup to sweeten my berries, or smoothies and even use it in my muffins, and other recipes. It has the same calories as sugar, but it doesn't affect the blood sugar levels like sugar, therefor lessening the moodiness . I get the raw stuff, and it's not cheap so it may be a good way to control your need for sweet in that respect. I find it at my grocery store (and if it's at MY store anyone else should be able to find it) where they sell the Splenda. Your store will likely have a health food aisle. Give it a try. LOVED your romance story...any mom can relate to that! Could be one reason your mood wasn't as cheery as usual :wink: .

ANITA!!!!! So good to see you! If you don't do anything LOG YOUR F & E's! It's pretty much how I got started on MFP. The Boards are a bonus!!!! Didn't find them (you all) until months later...see ya on the Home Page...

I'm glad you had a good time with your pal, AND son Deb. I'm happy he made you laugh. Can't wait for your pix!

I see on my home page Blue took a long leisurely walk today. I'm so jealous. My long leisurely walk was through Walmart (and leisurely is NOT the word here...I want out of there as soon as I get IN). That was after our Valentines Lunch at the Pizza Hut. DH loves their lunch buffet, and neither of us over ate! Tonight's dinner was the killer. We had two Felet Mignons, twice baked potatoes and small apple tortes left from Omaha Steaks...a gift my Mom and Dad give us every year for our birthdays (seven years and 5 days apart). OMG I cooked the steaks just perfect, and didn't over bake the spuds (like I've done before). I'm so darn full it'll be MIDNIGHT before I feel like going to bed! :sick: Next month are our birthdays. I hope we get a new supply!

:heart: Hope you all had a great day:heart:

Happy Losing...Vicki...:flowerforyou:
  • Vicki,
    I don't think it is grammatically correct to end a sentence with a preposition lol. ;) I completely second your explanation of artificial sweeteners. They are worse than they are good. I also use agave, and also stevia. :)
    excellent advice!
    Thanks for the hair compliment, I love having fun with it. :)
    Your dinner sounded pretty delish. I had to force myself to stop eating mine tonight. Amazing! Lol
    I hope everyone enjoyed their "holiday". Back to working out tomorrow! Yay! Big burn!
    Night all!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day. I had a very nice nice day. About 7 yrs ago I started dating a man named Jim. After 3 yrs it turned into a friendship instead of a relationship. He's a really nice man and he made my Valentines wonderful. He was even thoughtful enough to buy me See's sugar Free Dark Chocolate. He took me to lunch yesterday and I got a wonderful dinner at Black Angus and gambling on Saturday night. He made the whole weekend special. I never told him I had been dating Mike so he didn't know how much I had been hurting lately so the weekend was more special. Vicki I know you read my facebook, and I made it sound like Black Angus was last night.....but that was for Mike's benefit LOL. I will one day soon delete him off my facebook.

I managed to only gain 1lb this weekend eating out so much. I am happy about that. I am hoping to lose a couple more lbs before I go to my moms this weekend. My mom is so hard on me about my weight. I doubt that she will even notice I've lost close to 25lbs. If she does notice she won't say anything. I haven't even bothered to tell her I was trying to lose cause she would just say nasty stuff that hurts. I am going this weekend cause she started going to church recently and the pastor has asked her to sing. She sang a few weeks ago and I told her the next time she sings to let me know and I'd go. So this weekend she is singing again so I am going. She lives 45 miles from me and church starts at 9am so I am going to spend the night and go with her.

Shawnalee your hair really is cute. My daughter does my hair. She is a hairstylist and she moved to New York on me in April. She did my hair for me when she was home for Christmas and now I look like **** LOL I colored my hair once since she has been gone but now I need a haircut.

Yesterday it rained and I didn't get in my walks. I sure missed them. But I can't walk in the rain and then go back into work looking like a drown rat. I hear it is supposed to rain all week :( Jim told me that next week we have a couple days we might get some snow showers too. I can't wait for good weather so I can walk all the time.

I'm getting a bit discouraged about my fibromyalgia. I'm on so many meds trying to get the pain under control and yes I do feel better but not great. I've never had to be on any meds daily for anything in the past now this stupid condition has me talking 6 pills daily and 4 supplements daily, some of those twice daily. I feel like my breakfast is pills. And yet I am still in pain. It's really frustrating. I can't afford to keep taking all this crap much longer either. So I am going to have to figure out what gives me the most pain relief and only take those and weed out the rest.

Sorry to vent so much. I had a crap night last night. Feeling sorry for myself I guess. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Deb
  • nitag
    Good Morning All....

I got my food logged for the day... It's already all prepared so I will have to eat it...

Deb I'm sorry your going through so much.. If you need to chat hit me up on facebook.. I'm here for you...

Until later guys...

Anita
  • vikalyn
    Howdy Gals,

I still can't believe Black Angus is in business, Deb! I see Stuart Anderson in those Shagg commercials (for those not living in Washington, they're a corporate retirement community throughout Western Washington). I am SO happy Jim made your weekend joyful...and I'm SO sorry your Mom isn't as supportive as you'd like (or need). But, family can sometimes be the worst support when we face a challenge. I have a theory about that, but won't go into it.

Yeah Nita!!!!! Is this day two of logging food??? Thanks for accepting my bid as a "Friend". You were one of the first that inspired me to join this group...no pressure though...hehehehehe.

We didn't get the nasty weather the west side did, but it DID warm up enough today were the ice slab in front of our house is a mushy puddle, and I walked home tonight without zig zigging around ice rinks in the road. It's looking good! Soon I'll be able to take that "leisurly" walk and burn some calories while I get fresh air.

Shawna, is "of" a preposition?...I know "off" is...can you DO two prepositions like that, or is it like a double negative? I'll have to ask my sister, she's the English major...I majored in History. What'd that teach me...a LOT of people have died in the past. And I have NO clue what a participle is and why some of them dangle....oh man, now what do I do...use another preposition to end a sentance with? :tongue: .

Happy Losing...Vicki...:flowerforyou:

Oh dear...I think our internet is down...hope this gets posted!!!!!!!
  • Ha ha vicki! I am not really sure...i do know "at" is a proposition and it drives me crazy when people use it at the end of a sentence. Ha ha anyhow....
    Girls! My recovery weekend was a huge success!! My workout tonight was incredible! I had all my leg power back and then some!:) now hopefully the rest of my body with catch on...especially that fat burning section! ;)
  • nitag
    Up so early today... The wind here is horrible.. Rain but no snow yet, they say it's coming.. We shall see...

I stuck with my food plan yesterday "yea". Got all my food logged for today, now I need to go prepare it...

Have a great day everyone...

Anita
  • Up so early today... The wind here is horrible.. Rain but no snow yet, they say it's coming.. We shall see...

I stuck with my food plan yesterday "yea". Got all my food logged for today, now I need to go prepare it...

Have a great day everyone...

Anita
    Planning ahead- excellent strategy! Works wonders!
  • Becca...Sugar is just something you're going to have to wean yourself off of....

I really appreciate the suggestions! Thank you!
  • vikalyn
    Planning ahead- excellent strategy! Works wonders!
    [/quote]

AMEN!! I can't do it witout planning.

Becca...keep it up. Sugar is NOT your friend.

Nita, good job. Another day of logging in (gawd, I just ended another sentance with a preposition...) Keep it up...(see I can't help myslef!)

I know what you mean, Shawna..."Where you at?" Drives me nuts too.

MUCH better day today. Put yesterday to bed (a frustrating day) got up and had a GREAT workout, my luch was packed the night before so there was NO thinking about it all day. Just enjoyed.

See y'all tomorrow!

Happy Losing...Vicki...Ü
  • Hey Hey ladies!!! How are you all doing this week??? Deb has it been pretty gross down that way too? Here was cold but nice weather today but man the rain yesterday,,, ick!
    So, I feel so much better after my recovery weekend. Today was workout 2 for the week and I burned 588 calories and did circuits and some running intervals. I definitely think my legs and body needed some TLC (upped my calories for 4 days and only worked out once-low impact). Definitely worked and I will keep it in mind for next time.
    BUT tonight, have had the most painful headache since leaving work and heading to the gym. I took a hot bath (which wasn't as hot as I would like, since the dish washer was running haha) It was nice to relax tho.
    Dinner was a HUGE greek salad that I made. I took an online recipe and altered it in my favor.... GIGANTIC with lamb and fat free fetta for under 300 calories! :-D

I hope you all had a great day! I am going to curl up and watch some tv or read and then head to bed. Jeremy has to leave for work early tonight :( So I will probably sleep early which is ok. One more work day till a 5 day weekend!! :-D

Enjoy your night ladies!