Insanity February 7th

Options

Replies

• hpyn2pc
    Options
    Ok, were you all in good shape before you started insanity? Can a 200 lb 48 year old who basically walks for excercise take on the challenge?
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ok, were you all in good shape before you started insanity? Can a 200 lb 48 year old who basically walks for excercise take on the challenge?

This is my 2nd time starting Insanity. The first time I started it I had been working out for 3 months, but it was still very difficult. But I had to stop not because I couldn't do it but it was a different reason. This time around I hadn't really worked out for 2 months and it was extremely difficult. I was really sore for a few days. But for me as of right now it's completely doable. But I think for you, you have to see how your health it. It's different for everyone. Maybe ask your doctor? I have read here that people have started out doing Insanity when they weren't in really good shape but they did it. Again, it depends on the person. So I can't really answer that question. Sorry!
  • pragya728
    Options
    Did Cardio Power and Resistance today. I actually enjoyed this workout today. Crazy!! Don't get me wrong though, still wanted to hit Shaun T and all the other people in the dvd. Lol. But felt really good once I was done.
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Pure cardio - check
    Desire to punch Shaun T - check
    Energy to make it through the day despite desire to punch Shaun T in the face - check
    LOL
    I DID IT!!! Man I just wanted to get back in bed - but I did it!!! YAY ME!!!!
    Who else pushed play!?!?
  • pragya728
    Options
    I pushed play and did the pure cardio. God...I hate Shaun T while working out. Lol. Although I guess I must have been a little tired today. I burned a little bit less calories than last time I did pure cardio. Oh well...at least I did it. I will push myself more tomorrow.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    HI, I am week 5 so its core cardio and balance for me! I have really enjoyed these workouts! I like being pushed to the next level!
    @pragya: I read that you were tired today, have you been eating enough? I know I can't drop calories cause I will crash!!
    below will be a link to my blog I just posted progress pix come by check it out!!

Dig deep!!
  • rawmeat
    Options
    okay, so ive had insanity for a few weeks now. when i tried the first day...i could hardly get through it. i am sooo out of shape. is everyone just in great shape or what??? please tell me your secrets bc i'd love to get through it!!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    okay, so ive had insanity for a few weeks now. when i tried the first day...i could hardly get through it. i am sooo out of shape. is everyone just in great shape or what??? please tell me your secrets bc i'd love to get through it!!
    my secrete is doing your best and forgettng the rest! Do what you can but keep pushing play!! :)
  • pragya728
    Options
    Cinico- MFP has set me at 1200 calories. So I am eating that and my exercise calories. So I think I am doing ok calories wise. I think I just didn't get enough sleep last night.

I was just reading your blog and just wanted to say that you're doing great!! I can't wait to see results.
  • pragya728
    Options

It was really difficult the first day. I thought I was going to pass out just doing the fit test. It's still really difficult but I am getting a little better. I still have to take breaks and I can't go as fast as the people on the dvd. So I think you just have to continue doing it and like Cinico said do the best you can.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I pushed play and did the pure cardio. God...I hate Shaun T while working out. Lol. Although I guess I must have been a little tired today. I burned a little bit less calories than last time I did pure cardio. Oh well...at least I did it. I will push myself more tomorrow.

YOU PUSHED PLAY!!!! Pat yourself on the back and push harder next time! :) You rock!!
  • susanleasings
    Options

I am not in great shape at all.....but I'm getting there! :) I did one roumd of P90X before this, but before that I would walk every now and then or play on my Wii fit.
    Now - Insanity!!! It is kicking mny *kitten* every day! My face turns bright red, I can barely breathe, and I still take lots of breaks!! BUT I DO IT!!!! And YOU CAN TOO!!! :)
    My secrets are:
    I remind myself that it works IF YOU WORK IT.
    There is a pause button! Use it briefly - but it is ok to use it!
    I LOVE seeing results and I FEEL GREAT when I'm done each day!
    The hardest part is pushing play.....once you've done that, you're on your way to health and higher self esteem!
    Remember - YOU ARE DOING THIS FOR YOU!!!!

Hope that helps even just a little bit!
  • pragya728
    Options
    Did Cardio Plymetric Circuit today!! It was awesome.
  • rflowers7
    Options
    Pure Cardio Day 5 today, it was intense. Made it through only having to stop 3-4 times for a quick water break. Endurance is definitely building. Anyone have any suggestions for sore calves? I've tried stretching them out before and after, but still insanely sore and tight the next day. I know it'll get better as I go, but everyone wonders why I'm walking funny, lol.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Did Cardio Plymetric Circuit today!! It was awesome.

Me too! Kicked me'booty!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Pure Cardio Day 5 today, it was intense. Made it through only having to stop 3-4 times for a quick water break. Endurance is definitely building. Anyone have any suggestions for sore calves? I've tried stretching them out before and after, but still insanely sore and tight the next day. I know it'll get better as I go, but everyone wonders why I'm walking funny, lol.

Man.....I don't know! I'm sitting here twirling my ankles as we speak because I am having the same problem!! OUCH!!!
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Is it to late for me to join yall???? I started insanity over the summer and did 4 weeks, and am about to start it again. I think having a support system will really help!!! I will not be starting till monday though, so I will be way behind u guys....
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Is it to late for me to join yall???? I started insanity over the summer and did 4 weeks, and am about to start it again. I think having a support system will really help!!! I will not be starting till monday though, so I will be way behind u guys....

The more the merrier!!! Welcome!! :)
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Ahhhh.....cardio recovery today! Felt great........when I was done!!! LOL I can't stand the yoga moves! BUT I DID IT!!!!!
  • prepsikola
    prepsikola Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started about a month ago, but have missed two weeks of it cause I got really sick! I started back up again four days ago, I love it so much! :) My abs feel a little tighter everyday!