New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Options

Replies

• Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Today was the start of week 3 phase 1. I really need to figure out how to get some more (nutritious) calories in so I can keep the steam going.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Today was the start of week 3 phase 1. I really need to figure out how to get some more (nutritious) calories in so I can keep the steam going.
    Have you tried raw almonds? They are low carb, calorie dense, and no sodium.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Have you tried raw almonds? They are low carb, calorie dense, and no sodium.

You know, I wasn't even thinking of those. Good call.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Did Chest and Back for the first time ever today. Not too bad. I'm sure I can catch up at some point. Maybe one day I will be able to do a real push up...
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Starting week #2 tomorrow - feeling great so far although sore after the leg workout. Really thinking about getting an HRM to check calories and make sure i'm not eating too many or too few calories.

Thanks for all the great input - you guys really provide great inspiration!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Starting week #2 tomorrow - feeling great so far although sore after the leg workout. Really thinking about getting an HRM to check calories and make sure i'm not eating too many or too few calories.

Thanks for all the great input - you guys really provide great inspiration!

I highly reccommend getting one! ;)
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done! Plyometrics, Wow I burned 599 calories.
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Week 2/Day 1 - actually felt better doing the core synergistics today although had to skip the bonus minutes 'cause I ran out of time.

Really glad I started P90X - feeling good!
  • kimmi12
    kimmi12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations/feedback on the different p90x programs(Classic, doubles, lean)? I am thinking about doing doubles because I love to run outside in the spring and summer, but I'm still not sure since this is the first time I have done the program.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Starting Phase I week 2 and im loving it so far.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and gals! Well, I'm getting anxious! Gotta take my before pics and measurements this week, kind of nervous! My new shoes should be here by Friday! Can't wait! I'm going to Costco tomorrow to load up!

stephr: Awesome work girl! Seeing some changes so far?

kimmi: I have done the classic and the doubles. What I'm going to do this round is also include some good walks and possibly a little Turbo Fire with my regularly scheduled workouts. If you want to run as well, I say go for it!

linda: I love core syn! Great workout! Way to bring it!

jata: Aaaahhhh......the mother of all workouts! lol Plyo baby! Way to burn it up! Great job!

Dara: Keep up the good work girl! You're rockin it!

Hello to everyone else! Thanks so much for posting everyone! This is really a great way for everyone to feed off of each other, get ideas and support and motivate one another! Love to see it!

Hope everyone has a great day and keep pushing play!

Deb
  • edorice
    Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations/feedback on the different p90x programs(Classic, doubles, lean)? I am thinking about doing doubles because I love to run outside in the spring and summer, but I'm still not sure since this is the first time I have done the program.

You'll find that doing doubles a few days a week won't kill you. It will charge up your metabolism even more if you make sure you're eating enough. I've been doing doubles with running as well. Although the majority of my running has been at the gym on the treadmill. But it's my goal to do 5 more 5K races before June, so I'm going to do doubles again this round.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I did Plyometrics today! I had to modify quite a bit as I have shin issues. I definitely need some new shoes! Hopefully I can get some this weekend sometime before I have to do that workout again! I'm sure it will make a big difference on my poor battered shins! I was a very hard but very good workout! I look forward to progressing with that one! I think once I can master it with intensity I will definitely be in some good shape! I can also see why people do round after round of this program! I'm pretty sure I won't be able to match them move for move for a few rounds! But I'll do my best and keep bringing it!

My post workout green smoothie never tasted more refreshing than it did today!
  • edorice
    Options
    I did Plyometrics today! I had to modify quite a bit as I have shin issues. I definitely need some new shoes!

Before you go out and buy new shoes, try to get the Spenco insoles first!!!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    currently going through each video 1x to familerize myself with it I will be starting next week sometime! Cant wait, I am sooooooo EXCITED!!
    Thats what I am doing also!!!
    However I cant do situps so my AB ripper is not going well... and Pylo kicked my butt last time.. but I am not giving up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    currently going through each video 1x to familerize myself with it I will be starting next week sometime! Cant wait, I am sooooooo EXCITED!!
    Thats what I am doing also!!!
    However I cant do situps so my AB ripper is not going well... and Pylo kicked my butt last time.. but I am not giving up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That a way girl! No giving up, just do your best and what? Forget the rest!!!! It will happen as your body gets stronger, promise!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I did Plyometrics today! I had to modify quite a bit as I have shin issues. I definitely need some new shoes!

Before you go out and buy new shoes, try to get the Spenco insoles first!!!

Where would I find those? I know I can google and buy them online but are they available locally?
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Completed day 2: Plyometrics. Not too bad. Still a little sore from yesterday's Chest and Back. Going well so far.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Completed day 2: Plyometrics. Not too bad. Still a little sore from yesterday's Chest and Back. Going well so far.

Keep up the good work girl! Day by day, play button by play button!
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im still sore from Chest & Back Sunday. Have arms and shoulders tonight. Hope I wont be using alot of the same muscles...lol. I am continuing to jog, thought I was gonna be super tired.. But so far its going good