New round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me!

Options

Replies

• ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Im still sore from Chest & Back monday. Have arms and shoulders tonight. Hope I wont be using alot of the same muscles...lol. I am continuing to jog, thought I was gonna be super tired.. But so far its going good

Nice job girl! :drinker:
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Well, one more day down. CardioX today. Not up to par still, but I managed a 375 burn for the 45 minute workout. Tomorrow is my favorite workout. I am looking forward to Shoulder and Arms.
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of P90x Arms & Shoulders and Ab Ripper X. Was still sore at the beginning of the work from Sundays chest and back. But the soreness got better through the workout. Feeling really great!!:smile:
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    currently going through each video 1x to familerize myself with it I will be starting next week sometime! Cant wait, I am sooooooo EXCITED!!
    Thats what I am doing also!!!
    However I cant do situps so my AB ripper is not going well... and Pylo kicked my butt last time.. but I am not giving up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ab Ripper kicked my butt the first time, too. You think you're in decent shape and then find out you can't do a sit-up! But just wait because it get's better pretty quickly - I'm on my second week and feel I can do a little more than last. Just keep pushin' and don't give up!!

Finished up Week 2/Day2 this morning - Cardio X. I felt a little more coordinated with the punch combinations and could do the wacky jacks! Feels good!
  • Tracey1234
    Tracey1234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok - I can't stand Yoga X is there something better out there? I am sooo bored with it and don't feel like I burned anything. I was thinking for doing Cardio X or Kenpo X again instead of the Yoga. Will this mess me up at all?
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ok - I can't stand Yoga X is there something better out there? I am sooo bored with it and don't feel like I burned anything. I was thinking for doing Cardio X or Kenpo X again instead of the Yoga. Will this mess me up at all?

This week when I do yoga x I'm going to skip some of the beginning and get further into the dvd - see if it picks up at all later on. Also, I have a pilates for weight loss dvd that I want to watch and see if it's any better.
  • Crowhorse
    Options
    I had a great compliment yesterday!

I hadn't seen my hubby in a few weeks. Well, last night he got to see me, and he asked me whether I was working out. He had no idea I was. I asked him why he thought that. He told me I was looking good.

That made my day. Even though I don't notice a difference, whether on the scale or in the mirror, apparently he did.

I guess I really must be changing.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would love to join this thread, I am on day 3 of my first round :)

I do have a question - what kind of results can I expect for just the first round? I heard that women sometimes need 2 rounds to get the results that they desire (which is fine, I am in no hurry!).

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Nykkie
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would love to join this thread, I am on day 3 of my first round :)

I do have a question - what kind of results can I expect for just the first round? I heard that women sometimes need 2 rounds to get the results that they desire (which is fine, I am in no hurry!).

Nykkie

Depends on the effort that you put into it. In my first round I ate between 1700-1900 calories, and sometimes did double workouts. I lost 24 pounds during the first round. Make sure you learn learn learn as much as you can.
  • OSU_Sarah
    OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I should be getting my P90X in the mail in the next day or 2. Can't wait to start!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have an opinion on whether it is better to do fewer regular pushups, or more on your knees?? I was thinking of starting on my knees and working my way to regular, but maybe I should just start with regular and watch the progress?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have an opinion on whether it is better to do fewer regular pushups, or more on your knees?? I was thinking of starting on my knees and working my way to regular, but maybe I should just start with regular and watch the progress?

I personally have chosen to do them on my knees and work my way up. I'm doing this because I know my form isn't very good in a full on pushup. I do Taekwondo 2x a week and my instructor has been trying to get me to do pushups with better form so I know mine isn't good yet. I figure I'll get stronger and be able to transition into the proper form soon. I just don't want to do them incorrectly and injure myself or not get the workout I should be getting.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options

I do as many regular pushups as I can. When I can't do anymore of those, I move down to my knees and bust out as many of those as I can before I fail.
  • Crowhorse
    Options

I do as many regular pushups as I can. When I can't do anymore of those, I move down to my knees and bust out as many of those as I can before I fail.

That's what I've been trying to do. Can't do many regular at this point, but at least I am doing some now.

Hardest thing is that doing proper form regular, my lower abs are sore and I can feel it strain when I try to do proper push-ups. Who knows which of the exercises made them sore, but it does make it more difficult to do regular push-ups.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options

Nykkie

Depends on the effort that you put into it. In my first round I ate between 1700-1900 calories, and sometimes did double workouts. I lost 24 pounds during the first round. Make sure you learn learn learn as much as you can.

Thanks! I'm super determined and I think I'm going to do doubles, too. I'd like the extra cardio 3Xs a week!
    24 pound loss is great! That's around the amount that I want to lose during my first round.
  • kgage1011
    kgage1011 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am SO there! My husband and I ordered P90X this last Saturday, and according to Fed Ex, it should be here by this Saturday! PERFECT TIMING! God loves me. He knew I wanted a support team...what better support than this!!
  • edorice
    Options

Start regular and then drop to your knees.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Just did phase 1 session 3- Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper. Not too bad, just long. Feeling kind of sore from Monday still.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I just finished Shoulders and Arms (day 3 of my first round) and AbRipperX and I have one question. How am I supposed to get through the rest of my day when I can barely lift my arms! I am spent! :bigsmile:

That was a really good workout for my arms. I've been trying to do some strength training on my own but really didn't know what I was doing. That was part of the appeal of P90X was that there is a scripted regimen that will take me through all the body parts. Now that I have it I see that i was neglecting lots of muscle groups so I'm really happy I went ahead with the program. However, I'm stronger than I thought! Most of the exercises I was pulling 10 pound or 13.5 pound weights. A couple of the weaker areas I did 6 but I think I need to bump those to 8.

So I'm exhausted but thrilled!

Edited because I can't spell.
  • edorice
    Options
    I just finished Shoulders and Arms (day 3 of my first round) and AbRipperX and I have one question. How am I supposed to get through the rest of my day when I can barely lift my arms! I am spent! :bigsmile:

i think you'll find that this will become one of your favorite DVD's . I always look forward to Shoulder & Arm day. And just think of what they will look like in the sleeves tops during Spring and Summer.