INSANITY CHALLENGE. ANY TAKERS??

Options

Replies

• elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    My Beachbody coach recommended 1600-1800 for me. I'm about 5'5" and weigh 140. I plan to lose 15 lbs. Maybe you're just building a lot of muscle? I haven't gained when I've started..but I do notice pretty great results in my before/after 1 week pics. I'm restarting tomorrow..I've never made it more than 2 weeks I usually give up. This time will be the full 60!!!

I'm 5'2" and 130 but have a medium frame. My main goal is to tone and I'd like to be around 125. I have noticed some difference in just 2 weeks so it's helping to keep me motivated. I'm also going to try to add in some 1/2 marathon training. I'm not sure how that'll go but want to make sure I keep up with eating fuel for my body and not just empty cals. I think if I weren't doing this with my husband I may have thrown in the towel...we seem to be keeping each other accountable and giving the extra motivation when we'd rather hit the couch. I'm glad I found this post and I hope you (EishyJ) continue with great results right on through day 60!!
  • EishyJ
    Options
    My Beachbody coach recommended 1600-1800 for me. I'm about 5'5" and weigh 140. I plan to lose 15 lbs. Maybe you're just building a lot of muscle? I haven't gained when I've started..but I do notice pretty great results in my before/after 1 week pics. I'm restarting tomorrow..I've never made it more than 2 weeks I usually give up. This time will be the full 60!!!

I'm 5'2" and 130 but have a medium frame. My main goal is to tone and I'd like to be around 125. I have noticed some difference in just 2 weeks so it's helping to keep me motivated. I'm also going to try to add in some 1/2 marathon training. I'm not sure how that'll go but want to make sure I keep up with eating fuel for my body and not just empty cals. I think if I weren't doing this with my husband I may have thrown in the towel...we seem to be keeping each other accountable and giving the extra motivation when we'd rather hit the couch. I'm glad I found this post and I hope you (EishyJ) continue with great results right on through day 60!!

AWESOME!!!! I want to start half marathon training after I'm done with my 60 days also!! I think I might start out with a 5K then 10K after that, but my ultimate goal is a half!!! I don't currently have any desire to run a full marathon..but maybe after I do a half then I will :-) I used to do the workouts with my hubby and enjoyed it..but now we don't have enough room in our living room in our new house to do it at the same time. I have a hard time juggling everything, military wife, stay at home mom of 2, and I am going to school online. I really need to stay motivated to keep going each day and finish the whole 60 days!! I think before/after pics are the best motivator..I do weekly pics and keep track of my weight and everything so I can see my progress. Best of luck to you elzettel :)
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I'm 5'1" and weigh 168lbs...I need to lose 40 lbs and I've started Insanity Jan 31, 2011. I've just finished week 2.
    A buddy of mine and I use SKYPE to work out with each other everyday to keep ourselves accountable. This is a wonderful thing to do for those who have motivational issues like myself lol. We've decided to do Insanity with Michael Thurmans 6 Week Body Makeover (just the meal plan) if anyone wants to join just take the freemetabolism test on his site to determine your body type. For those who don't have his program, just hit me up with your results of the test and I will scan the meal plan card for your body type.
    Lets do this people :-)
  • penne356
    Options
    My round 2 of insanity starts today! I hope to push even more this time. Dig Deep y'all!

My stats:
    Height: 5'5
    Weight: 123 lbs
    Waist: 28 inches
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Ok- week four- I did pure cardio/cardio abs this morning. When I got to the frog jumps and the power jacks, I just about died.:sad:
    Has anyone been able to get through the whole pure cardio dvd without stopping? I was so strong the first 18-20 minutes. I'm getting better each time.
  • JohnHein
    Options
    jadesign19- by week 4, I could get all the way to the push-up jacks (last exercise) without stopping, but by then my legs were burning and I had to take a short rest.

Don't worry about the number of rests/breaks- the workouts aren't necessarily designed with you powering through the whole thing without pausing (just check out the people on the DVD's taking breaks). Just do your best on each exercise and you'll get stronger each week. By the way, Month 2 comes along and makes Month 1 look like a walk in the park- there's no way you'll get through any of those without pausing at least a couple of times :)
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    lol it really is. just the "fit test" itself was like WOW. you deff burn calories like crazy.

i didnt last 2 weeks cause i have bad knees and theres lots of jumping and other type of exercise that my knee doesn't like.

i'm planning to restart that in a few months as my trainer now has shown me some modification to his workouts.

Insanity is a 60 day workout program with Shaun T..it's "the hardest workout ever put on DVD" (i don't know if it's true but i believe it!). It's max interval cardio training and people age getting AMAZING results so I'm excited to start I did a few when i first got it & I have never worked out so hard in my life!
  • elzettel
    Options
    Ok- week four- I did pure cardio/cardio abs this morning. When I got to the frog jumps and the power jacks, I just about died.:sad:
    Has anyone been able to get through the whole pure cardio dvd without stopping? I was so strong the first 18-20 minutes. I'm getting better each time.

I wish I could say I don't have to stop but I do. We are starting week 3 so tonight is our 2nd fit test. I notice that both my husband and I are staying stronger longer but both of us still have to stop. Yesterday was the first time doing cardio abs...ugh! My legs felt so heavy it was difficult for me. I'm sure I need to engage my core more so I'll be working on it. Keep up the great work!
  • kmstars
    kmstars Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am going to start INSANITY on Monday Feb 21 is anyone else? I JUST got it and I am so excited! I figured out my calorie intake today and made a spreadsheet for my progress for the first week. I can't wait to have a fit/tone body. I would much rather gain muscle than anything else. I was surprised that I need 1,400 calories a day to LOOSE weight!! ..well that is along with doing the workout. Oh well Week 1 Day 1 here I come! Can't wait!!

SW:142
    GW:125
  • EishyJ
    Options
    I am going to start INSANITY on Monday Feb 21 is anyone else? I JUST got it and I am so excited! I figured out my calorie intake today and made a spreadsheet for my progress for the first week. I can't wait to have a fit/tone body. I would much rather gain muscle than anything else. I was surprised that I need 1,400 calories a day to LOOSE weight!! ..well that is along with doing the workout. Oh well Week 1 Day 1 here I come! Can't wait!!

I started Sunday the 13th. :) So I'm just a week ahead of you!! Good luck! DIG DEEPER!!!
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options

I started last week however I stopped at the end. I thought of redoing this week however I am planning on starting again on Feb 21st.
  • Bthack
    Bthack Posts: 48
    Options
    Im starting this saturday (so my rest day falls on a friday) Can't wait to see some results!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    "I'm smiling because I love it!" I've been doing Insanity off and on since November and plowed through the first three weeks. The workouts have become a little mundane, so I decided to hit the recovery week a week early and start into the Max circuits next week. Even the 'recovery' week is having me burn close to 500 calories each time. I love it!
  • lorainedrop
    Options
    Ok, my boyfriend and I just officially started yesterday. My calves feel like I have never felt them before! For all the sore knee and ankle people -- we were both really sore after the fit test and then we realized we were being way too hasty in our jumping and not paying attention to form like Shaun T. says. My only piece of advice (because I'm so new at this) is to be really careful when you are jumping around like an Insane person. ;-) Watch how your feet land, and watch your knees when you are bending low so they don't go over your toes. After doing it right a second time, I am MUCH more sore in my calves and not at all in my ankles and knees. Shaun T keeps saying "keep your knees soft" and if you pay attention to that it will help.

Does anyone know exactly how to count your Insanity workout towards the daily exercise here on MFP? Should I count each individual exercise, or just say 45 mins of high impact aerobics? What it says I burned for aerobics seems way low for the insanity workout. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
  • elzettel
    Options
    I've seen some log it in as calisthenics. I've used that and high impact aerobics. I have a HRM too so that helps.
  • chachabrown
    Options
    I ACTUALLY JUST BOUGHT IT ONLINE.

I JUST STARTED SUPREME 90 DAY AND LOVE IT..
    THINKING OF DOING A HYBRID WORKOUT.. OR JUST WAITING UNTIL s90 IS DONE
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well, today I'm starting the Recovery Week before stepping it up another level next week. I'm curious to see what this week is all about. I hope it's still a challenge or I'm going to be tempted to just continue with the first month routine for an additional week and then move on from there. Anyone have any input as to what the workout is like for this Recovery Week?

I'm so so so stoked with my results already from Insanity. I turn 30 in April, and it is a fantastic feeling knowing that I am in the BEST SHAPE OF MY LIFE (and I'm only halfway done! Woot!)
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    No, from what I've read on Beachbody's site, the recovery week is extremely vital. It gives your muscles a chance to really recuperate from all the work you've been putting them through for the lats month. The workouts are not *as* strenuous, but trust me, you are going to be glad for the rest as soon as you start the first workout of Month 2. It's been said earlier in this thread that Month 2 makes Month 1 look like a walk in the park and I am pretty much on board with that statement.

Month 2 incorporates some of the same moves, but stacks them with others so you're working like you won't believe. I just started Month 2 on Monday and I'm glad I took the recovery week. After doing the Fit Test and the Max Interval Circuit, I was very worn out. You'll want to pay close attention to your body, not just during the workout, but throughout the rest of the day. If you feel your energy dipping, make sure you eat something to keep the fat burning and muscle repair working.
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    No, from what I've read on Beachbody's site, the recovery week is extremely vital. It gives your muscles a chance to really recuperate from all the work you've been putting them through for the lats month. The workouts are not *as* strenuous, but trust me, you are going to be glad for the rest as soon as you start the first workout of Month 2. It's been said earlier in this thread that Month 2 makes Month 1 look like a walk in the park and I am pretty much on board with that statement.

Month 2 incorporates some of the same moves, but stacks them with others so you're working like you won't believe. I just started Month 2 on Monday and I'm glad I took the recovery week. After doing the Fit Test and the Max Interval Circuit, I was very worn out. You'll want to pay close attention to your body, not just during the workout, but throughout the rest of the day. If you feel your energy dipping, make sure you eat something to keep the fat burning and muscle repair working.

Awesome... Thanks for the reply. I must be sick if I'm really looking forward to Month 2! lol
  • JohnHein
    Options

Yep, I'm in the middle of Week 8 and all in, Month 2 has been extremely challenging on a physical level. As grouch201 says, the first day of Month 2 is a slap in the face....a fit test and Max Interval Circuit on the same day. MIC on its own is a 57 minute burner of a workout that will challenge you and having a fit test to do before/after makes that day even harder. From there you go to Max Plyo which really tests your power in both upper body and your legs. Then Max Cardio makes Core Cardio look easy. So enjoy your recovery week....you'll be glad you did it.

Also, be mindful that your calorie burn will go way up in Month 2- I went from an average of 500-600 cals for the Core Month 1 workouts to 800-900 in the Max workouts (and another 350 or so on Insane Abs on Max Cardio Day). You might find that it's hard to sustain your nutritional ratios as you pack on more calories to feed your metabolism. For example, I went from needing 2250 gross calories in Month 1 to over 2600 in Month 2 and started to tilt heavier on carbs to make up the difference and my weight loss plateaued. I'm now back to a 40% carb/ 40% protein / 20% fat ratio, but it's not easy to eat so much protein each day!