Replies

• NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just for Today I will go to bed when I am tired
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will taste my food. That my seem like a strange thing to say. I spend so much time just grabbing my food and eating it on the go. Today, instead of inhaling my food, I will take the time to slow down and enjoy it.:smile:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will let myself enjoy and relax a bit on eating. I'm not letting myself have a cheat day, and I'm not going ovgerboard, but I'm going to enjoy a bigger portion of a "healthier" recipe . Used to be I'd gorge myself on a disgustingly unhealthy takeout meal. But now I'll recreate the meal myself and make it less unhealthy, enjoy a little bit more of it, and not feel guilty about it after!

That'll be done after a gym workout, walking around the mall for an hour, AND going for a long walk in a few minutes. :drinker: I'll relax, but not THAT much. :laugh:
  • toots99
    Options
    This is my favorite thread. :flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    This is my favorite thread. :flowerforyou:

Thanks! You just made my day!:happy: :blushing:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will be proud (in a modest way, of course. Humility is one of the many things that adds to my perfection:wink: ) of yesterdays accomplishments and confident in today's success!
  • toots99
    Options
    Just for today, I will NOT give in to temptation and sabotage myself!
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will let go of past mistakes and not beat myself up over them
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will remember that Saturday is just a day, like any other. It is not Christmas, my birthday, or any other special occasion that needs to be celebrated with absurd amounts of food.:laugh:
  • toots99
    Options
    Just for Today: I will remember that Saturday is just a day, like any other. It is not Christmas, my birthday, or any other special occasion that needs to be celebrated with absurd amounts of food.:laugh:

I thought I was the only one who told myself that! Last week, I was like "It's just Saturday, that's all. No free reign! Pretend it's a Tueasday! You wouldn't eat that on a Tuesday!" :laugh:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just For Today: I will enjoy the journey, instead of looking for the end of it. I will love the burn in my legs because it means I'm getting stonger. I will enjoy every bite of food because it is fueling my body (so I can love the burn in my legs:laugh: ). I will enjoy the cool water I'm drinking (that one isn't hard to remember: I love water!!!!:heart: ) I will even love being sweaty and gross because Hey, it's water weight if nothing else.:laugh:

Enjoy you're day!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will start again with my next meal and not wait until tomorrow.
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy reading and trying to apply your "Just For Today" thoughts. I find that reading this board is a great way to start my day.
  • toots99
    Options
    Just for today I will start again with my next meal and not wait until tomorrow.

*like*

That's sort of what I had planned just for today: I will accept that I can't fix last night, but I can fix the rest of today. :drinker:
  • CricketKate
    Options

That is great. Don't let those "Tomorrow Thoughts" sneak in.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I really enjoy reading and trying to apply your "Just For Today" thoughts. I find that reading this board is a great way to start my day.

Having people read this thread is what gives me motivation to keep going. So Thanks, Everyone!:happy:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    That's sort of what I had planned just for today: I will accept that I can't fix last night, but I can fix the rest of today. :drinker:

Let go of last night and enjoy today!:flowerforyou:
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I was drawn to this forum because Overeaters Anonymous daily meditation book is called ' Just For Today' and I thought it was about that LOL. This is just as good and very inspirational and motivational (is that a word?). So glad I clicked on it. I have just eaten my last meal of the day and it was a good one thanks to this forum. :love: :smooched:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I was drawn to this forum because Overeaters Anonymous daily meditation book is called ' Just For Today' and I thought it was about that LOL. This is just as good and very inspirational and motivational (is that a word?). So glad I clicked on it. I have just eaten my last meal of the day and it was a good one thanks to this forum. :love: :smooched:

Welcome! We're glad to have you along!:flowerforyou:
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I agree totally with that. I've come back again and trying to use "One Day at a time" to keep me on track. Good luck!