Make up addicts

Options

Replies

• pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I made a special trip to Ulta to just get the Bella Bomba and I didn't even end up getting it because when I swatched it, I mostly picked up glitter. I'm guessing if I had been able to try it with a brush it wouldn't have looked so glittery on hand, but idk... I have NARS Orgasm and I think it's probably really similar. I'm not a huge fan of Orgasm so that's why I was scared of purchasing, but knowing me I probably will:smile:

Hmm, thanks for your review. I do own NARS Orgasm and like it, but it isn't my most favorite color. So maybe that's pretty telling for me about Bella Bomba. What about Dandelion (I think that's the name)?

I actually don't own any Benefit blushes either. I always look at them because the packaging is so cute but I don't know... It's almost like the packaging turns me off at the same time. Doesn't make sense. Btw what is your favorite blush you own?

The two I use the most are Bare Minerals Vintage Peach and Urban Decay Quickie. When I want a little bronzer with my blush I use Estee Lauder Gilded Rose.

You?
  • sanayhs
    Options

Hmm, thanks for your review. I do own NARS Orgasm and like it, but it isn't my most favorite color. So maybe that's pretty telling for me about Bella Bomba. What about Dandelion (I think that's the name)?

I actually don't own any Benefit blushes either. I always look at them because the packaging is so cute but I don't know... It's almost like the packaging turns me off at the same time. Doesn't make sense. Btw what is your favorite blush you own?

The two I use the most are Bare Minerals Vintage Peach and Urban Decay Quickie. When I want a little bronzer with my blush I use Estee Lauder Gilded Rose.

You?

I love Urban Decay blushes! Dandelion is not like Orgasm. Dandelion is much lighter and waaaay less sparkle. It's a nice colour, but it doesn't have a lot of payoff/intensity, so it's not for everyone. The packaging of Benefit blushes, while enjoyable aesthetically, drives me crazy in every other aspect! They're also kind of expensive in Canada (at least for my tastes!).
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I love Urban Decay blushes! Dandelion is not like Orgasm. Dandelion is much lighter and waaaay less sparkle. It's a nice colour, but it doesn't have a lot of payoff/intensity, so it's not for everyone. The packaging of Benefit blushes, while enjoyable aesthetically, drives me crazy in every other aspect! They're also kind of expensive in Canada (at least for my tastes!).

I know Dandelion is a much lighter color - it is just unlike any other blush I have in my collection. I'm wondering if I'd like it as much, since I do very much like to wear shimmer. And I agree, the $28 price tag is high for me...which is probably why I'm doubting the purchase so much! :laugh:
  • yrodri44
    Options
    I made a special trip to Ulta to just get the Bella Bomba and I didn't even end up getting it because when I swatched it, I mostly picked up glitter. I'm guessing if I had been able to try it with a brush it wouldn't have looked so glittery on hand, but idk... I have NARS Orgasm and I think it's probably really similar. I'm not a huge fan of Orgasm so that's why I was scared of purchasing, but knowing me I probably will:smile:

You?

Hmm. Haven't tried blushes by those brands yet. Now I'm curious. I mostly use NARS Madly or the Mabelline Dream Mousse Blushes. I love the Mabelline ones called Peach Satin and Pink Frosting. And for bronzer I have to go with NARS Laguna. I use it everyday.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I LOVE makeup with all my <3

...couldn't have said it better myself :)
  • vintagedream
    Options
    make up addict myself as well as a makeup artist (slash hairdresser and esthetician)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Hmm. Haven't tried blushes by those brands yet. Now I'm curious. I mostly use NARS Madly or the Mabelline Dream Mousse Blushes. I love the Mabelline ones called Peach Satin and Pink Frosting. And for bronzer I have to go with NARS Laguna. I use it everyday.

Oohh yay we're on to talking about bronzer! OK, what do you think about Bonnie Bell Glimmer or NYC Sunny? I keep hearing about those two products all over the youtube videos and I'm wondering if either of them is worth a shot. I've got Faux Tan all over face color from Bare Minerals (which I know you haven't used, but it is a reference point) and just got Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Light Bronze (which I'm liking as long as I don't swirl over the one pink heart in the compact).
  • yrodri44
    Options

Oohh yay we're on to talking about bronzer! OK, what do you think about Bonnie Bell Glimmer or NYC Sunny? I keep hearing about those two products all over the youtube videos and I'm wondering if either of them is worth a shot. I've got Faux Tan all over face color from Bare Minerals (which I know you haven't used, but it is a reference point) and just got Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Light Bronze (which I'm liking as long as I don't swirl over the one pink heart in the compact).

Everytime I go to Walgreens I go check out those Physicians Formula blushes and bronzers but they're $14! They look so pretty but idk.... Would you repurchase it? As for the Bonnie Bell Glimmer, I haven't heard anything about it. I do remember seeing videos on the NYC bronzer but I haven't tried that either. Who are you favorite gurus?
    I like so many but a few are: amarixe, fafinettex3, ginabinawina99, gossmakeupartist, jlovesmac1, julieg713, kandeejohnson (I actually went to one of her glaminars), makeupbytiffanyd, makeupgeektv,michele1218,petrilude, pixiwoo,stephbusta, temptalia, thegirlshaexo,vintageortacky, xsparkage
    Omg that's a lot lol
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options

Everytime I go to Walgreens I go check out those Physicians Formula blushes and bronzers but they're $14! They look so pretty but idk.... Would you repurchase it? As for the Bonnie Bell Glimmer, I haven't heard anything about it. I do remember seeing videos on the NYC bronzer but I haven't tried that either. Who are you favorite gurus?
    I like so many but a few are: amarixe, fafinettex3, ginabinawina99, gossmakeupartist, jlovesmac1, julieg713, kandeejohnson (I actually went to one of her glaminars), makeupbytiffanyd, makeupgeektv,michele1218,petrilude, pixiwoo,stephbusta, temptalia, thegirlshaexo,vintageortacky, xsparkage
    Omg that's a lot lol

Well when I bought the PF bronzer it was $11 and it had a $3 off instantly coupon attached to it, so it came to $8 plus tax. It was my first PF product and has made me interested in trying other things in their collection. My favorite youtube folks are panacea81, emilynoel, monroemisfitmakeup, and jennisseemakeup.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Omg that's a lot lol

Well when I bought the PE bronzer it was $11 and it had a $3 off instantly coupon attached to it, so it came to $8 plus tax. It was my first PE product and has made me interested in trying other things in their collection. My favorite youtube folks are panacea81, emilynoel, monroemisfitmakeup, and jennisseemakeup.

love <3 emilynoel!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    love <3 emilynoel!

Isn't she too cute! Since I kind of turned into a Sephora snob over the years, I really lost touch with the goodies that can be found at the drugstore. Between her and the three nail polish/makeup blogs I follow every day, my drugstore makeup wish list grows almost every day! :laugh:

BTW, these are the three polish/makeup blogs I look at daily...
    alllacqueredup.com (mostly only polish, lots of fashion/runway/convention polish commentary)
    scrangie.com (my favorite...totally relaxed and funny, covers polish and makeup and just seems cool)
    vampyvarnish.com (LOTS of posts on all kinds of makeup and polish [but only cruelty-free cosmetics])
  • humblemonkey
    Options

I have PE bronzer and i HATE it...you really need to swirl the brush over to get the product on the brush evenly...and the color doesnt last at all. The brush that came with it was useless- I tossed it the day I bought it. The container it cheap--- just opening it after a couple times the lid broke off! over all, for the money i wasnt impressed. :o( ISO a good bronzer.
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    love <3 emilynoel!

Isn't she too cute! Since I kind of turned into a Sephora snob over the years, I really lost touch with the goodies that can be found at the drugstore. Between her and the three nail polish/makeup blogs I follow every day, my drugstore makeup wish list grows almost every day! :laugh:

BTW, these are the three polish/makeup blogs I look at daily...
    alllacqueredup.com (mostly only polish, lots of fashion/runway/convention polish commentary)
    scrangie.com (my favorite...totally relaxed and funny, covers polish and makeup and just seems cool)
    vampyvarnish.com (LOTS of posts on all kinds of makeup and polish [but only cruelty-free cosmetics])

she is!! and i live for sephora too...but i like VS foundation best...and do use some drugstore products as well. I love Sephora for carrying Phyto products--- they make m y hair so much more manageable!! i wish i could wear nail polish but as a nursing student im not allowed...i still wear it on the weekends though ;o) haha
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    she is!! and i live for sephora too...but i like VS foundation best...and do use some drugstore products as well. I love Sephora for carrying Phyto products--- they make m y hair so much more manageable!! i wish i could wear nail polish but as a nursing student im not allowed...i still wear it on the weekends though ;o) haha

Bummer that BF bronzer didn't toot your horn. I've never tried VS foundation. Ever since I was introduced to Bare Minerals in 2005 I haven't used any other kind of foundation. Will also have to try Phyto! Sephora will give me a sample if I ask, right?

That SO sucks that you can't wear polish. :( Are you not allowed to have color or is it that you simply aren't allowed to have anything applied to your nail?
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    I can wear clear or really light pink (i got to a catholic hospital's nursing problem and they are SUPER strict with uniforms...our hair has to be in a high bun (no hair can touch the collar of your scrubs) you have to wear white undergarments (and yes, they do check and send you home if you arent!!) and so on... but next week is break and then I have psych rotation which means 20 days of class over 2 months.... so i am getting SUPER excited about wearing polish again! I won a collection in a grab bag a few weeks ago (and nvm the fact theyre cheap-o polishes) some of the colors are cute so I will have to try them out! haha its a shame because i have some really awesome polishes!!!! oh well...one more year and ill be polish happy again! lol
    i have never tried bare minerals (almost abbreviatred it BM until I realized what that also stood for...eww. lol) but i am afraid to, because I have really uneven skin and I doubt it will cover the redness... I had acne isolated to my temples in middle school, and despite endless scrubs, facials, even laser treatments (!!) some of the little marks wont go away!! :o( I tried microdermabrasion, but my skin is too sensitive and I was broken out for 2 weeks like a terrible sunburn, it was horrid. Anyway, sorry for rambling! my point is, I cant use just powder bc my skin sucks! that about sums it up LOL...
    planning on making a trip to sephora next week and buying some A. lipgloss, B. bronzer, and C, more phyto!! :o) recommendations on shimmery bronzer/highlighter and lipglosses anyoneeee?
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I can wear clear or really light pink (i got to a catholic hospital's nursing problem and they are SUPER strict with uniforms...our hair has to be in a high bun (no hair can touch the collar of your scrubs) you have to wear white undergarments (and yes, they do check and send you home if you arent!!) and so on... but next week is break and then I have psych rotation which means 20 days of class over 2 months.... so i am getting SUPER excited about wearing polish again! I won a collection in a grab bag a few weeks ago (and nvm the fact theyre cheap-o polishes) some of the colors are cute so I will have to try them out! haha its a shame because i have some really awesome polishes!!!! oh well...one more year and ill be polish happy again! lol
    i have never tried bare minerals (almost abbreviatred it BM until I realized what that also stood for...eww. lol) but i am afraid to, because I have really uneven skin and I doubt it will cover the redness... I had acne isolated to my temples in middle school, and despite endless scrubs, facials, even laser treatments (!!) some of the little marks wont go away!! :o( I tried microdermabrasion, but my skin is too sensitive and I was broken out for 2 weeks like a terrible sunburn, it was horrid. Anyway, sorry for rambling! my point is, I cant use just powder bc my skin sucks! that about sums it up LOL...
    planning on making a trip to sephora next week and buying some A. lipgloss, B. bronzer, and C, more phyto!! :o) recommendations on shimmery bronzer/highlighter and lipglosses anyoneeee?

WOW that really does sound like a strict program! Super yay for having 20 days of class over 2 months, that sounds like it is going to be a very welcomed change of pace.

BM (yeah, I know, unfortunate initials! LOL) is actually really good for those who have uneven skin. My younger sister had terrible acne in high school, and always had problems trying to cover up the discoloration and bumps. Once I got her to start using BM, not only was the powder thick and blendable enough to cover up her imperfections, she said it also TREATED a lot of the little skin irritations she still dealt with! I know everyone has different success, but since you're going into Sephora anyway, why not ask for a little sample.

Lipgloss - Korres and Dior. :) Do you like cream highlighter? Benefit has Hi-Beam that's a neat shimmery pearlescent cream that you swipe and blend on anywhere you want a little extra lit-up oomph. Oh, also LORAC Perfectly Lit Luminous pressed powder is very nice. I accidentally dropped mine and the compact is all in crumbles, but I keep it anyway.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I ADORE makeup!! Unfortunately, my husband and I are both teachers, so I can't really splurge on the all the expensive goodies out there.

I do, however, spend the cash on the Bare Minerals foundations and Mineral Veil. I love what it does for my skin and it's error-proof. :heart:

I've also (finally) found some mascara that I actually like which is nice. I'm addicted to lip gloss and haven't worn actual lipstick in years.

I am, however, afraid of colors! I never know what looks good on me, especially lipstick and eyeshadow. :frown:
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hey makeup junkies! Any recommendations for a good mascara that wont leave dark smudges under my eyes? I have oily skin, so I guess that is why I get the smudging.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I ADORE makeup!! Unfortunately, my husband and I are both teachers, so I can't really splurge on the all the expensive goodies out there.

I do, however, spend the cash on the Bare Minerals foundations and Mineral Veil. I love what it does for my skin and it's error-proof. :heart:

I've also (finally) found some mascara that I actually like which is nice. I'm addicted to lip gloss and haven't worn actual lipstick in years.

I am, however, afraid of colors! I never know what looks good on me, especially lipstick and eyeshadow. :frown:

Yay for another BM person in here! :love: Don't be afraid of colors. You gotta experiment! If you find yourself with an extra $10 to spare, go to the drugstore and get some Wet 'n Wild Coloricon 8 pan palettes (~$5 at Walgreens) and be sure to pick up Cover Girl Aqua Paradise #500 (~$3). It is my all time favorite turquoise shadow and it looks fantastic used wet as an eyeliner. I always get compliments when I wear it. Play with color! It is your friend!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Hey makeup junkies! Any recommendations for a good mascara that wont leave dark smudges under my eyes? I have oily skin, so I guess that is why I get the smudging.

Have you tried Benefit BADgal Lash?