Anyone fancy startin 30 day shred tmro :-)

Options

Replies

• Cheylaing
    Cheylaing Posts: 99
    Options
    If you're sore it means you are working your muscles the way they're not used to, which is good.

I just got finished with day 2! Oh man, it wasn't as easy as yesterday and yesterday was hard! I'm glad though, I really hope I see great results with it.

Ok here's my weight and measurements
    1st march 195lbs
    Waist 37.5"
    Right Bicep 13.75"
    Hips 42.5"
    Right Thigh 25.25"
    Right Calf 17.5"

Does anyone know about how many calories are burned for someone my size for this? Or even what the average weight loss for someone my size is after the 30 days?
    well done for your second day :-)
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    Hey everyone would you all mind addin me as a friend as i only use the net on my little mobile phone an it keeps cutting off when i try to add ppl an takes ages lol i had a look earlier an one site said for someone round 156lb would lose bout 712 cal's for level 1 for 1 hour tho..but another site said 5 hundred an odd..i.m just puttin 190 for level 1 an 250 for level 2...i no that its bound to be least that lol...if anyone has a heart rate monitor could you let us no to give us more idea..:-) good night for now..hope everyone manages to get outta bed ok tmro lol my butt cheeks are bit sore already ha LOVING IT
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    Oh this is great there's a good few ppl already started or started today or in next couple days...we can do it...even tho i must say my legs were bit wobbly walkin down my stairs earlier after doin level 1 an 2 just to see what i can do....but even 1 level its only 20 min hard work...its over in no time...if we don't feel the some pain We'r not workin hard enough are we lol lookin forward to hearin how everyone gets on :-) happy shreddin x

Walking down the stairs and sitting on the toile were both challenges after two days of this. But I promise it gets better after a few days.
    Ha that's good to here lol my butt cheeks are feelin it quite a bit which is good because all the other exercise dvd's i have i never get sore on the bits i need it..role on day 2 hehe :-)
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    Just fininshed day 2 of the SHRED and it feels great. Since my quads are now killing me, I threw a bunch of clothes down the stairs to avoid an extra stair climb to gather the remainder. But upon reaching the last stair I slipped on those clothes and fell flat on my bum. Had to laugh at myself for avoiding the 2nd trip!

And measurements, here we go (02/28/2011):

Waist: 33.5"
    Hips: 43.5"
    Thigh: 23.5"
    Arm: 11.5"
    Neck: 13
    Bust: 38"
    Oh dear ha close one..i have stairs to an i.m dreadin it tmro lol!i done level 1 an 2 today for my first day an i.m beginning to wish i only done 1 level ha but bring on tmro i say whoop whoop :-)
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 . . .I bumped up to level two and did allright (maybe about 80% of it not modified) I have a crazy knee so I am not a huge fan of the lunges, but things were still hurting and burning so I think I did okay with the intensity. Good job all of you who are doing this too!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I took measurements. I really am not brave enough to post them though. :(
    I will be restarting tonight after my son goes to bed.
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm so sore tonight! I really hope I'm not in TOO much pain tomorrow so I can do day 3. I see that everyone is saying that it's 20 minutes, but I'm doing a 27 minute video. Haha, I hope I have the right one!

For those with a bum knee, I have two torn ligaments in my right knee and I don't have too many problems. I don't bend my knee too much on my side with the bad knee though.

Feel free to add me everyone. I REALLY have no support system at home and I could use all the help and support I could get!!
  • mommasamfa
    Options
    I'm so sore tonight! I really hope I'm not in TOO much pain tomorrow so I can do day 3. I see that everyone is saying that it's 20 minutes, but I'm doing a 27 minute video. Haha, I hope I have the right one!

For those with a bum knee, I have two torn ligaments in my right knee and I don't have too many problems. I don't bend my knee too much on my side with the bad knee though.

Feel free to add me everyone. I REALLY have no support system at home and I could use all the help and support I could get!!

(sorry don't know why this posted twice!!))
  • babyskeer
    Options
    Hi all.

Just wondered if you could explain shred to me?

Im a newby as of yesterday, could really do with a challenge and a bit of motivating.

cheers :smile:
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    I just did day 2 . . .I bumped up to level two and did allright (maybe about 80% of it not modified) I have a crazy knee so I am not a huge fan of the lunges, but things were still hurting and burning so I think I did okay with the intensity. Good job all of you who are doing this too!
    there's prob quite a few moves on level 2 that can be a problem for a bad knee so You'v done well..good for you...i think i'l do level 2 today an if i still have a little bit o ooomph maybe level 1 after it or later :-)
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    Hi all.

Im a newby as of yesterday, could really do with a challenge and a bit of motivating.

hey there, 30 day shred is an exercise dvd or i think there's a video to..its by Jillian michaels that trains on biggest loser..it has progression stages 1 2 an 3 each 2min warm up 3 time's 6min circuits then 2min cool down...so 22 min's in all but very intensive an you only have to do one level a day or Wat you think your body can do!an she sais can lose upto 20lbs after the 30 days..hope that's helped :-)
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    Hi all.

hey there, 30 day shred is an exercise dvd or i think there's a video to..its by Jillian michaels that trains on biggest loser..it has progression stages 1 2 an 3 each 2min warm up 3 time's 6min circuits then 2min cool down...so 22 min's in all but very intensive an you only have to do one level a day or Wat you think your body can do!an she sais can lose upto 20lbs after the 30 days..hope that's helped :-)
  • jbgypsy
    jbgypsy Posts: 13
    Options
    I ordered the dvd and it should be here by the weekend. I know im a bit late starting, but would still like to join this challenge. :smile:

1847530.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd day now....... loving it so far, apart from my calf muscles are killing!!! :)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I want to join in... how long is each session?
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ok did day one last night and am really sore! But I did get up this morning early to keep doing the c25k program I started (only on week 2) and that helped my stiffness alittle. My arms are really killing me...I think I learned I have no upper body strength... :(
    here are my measurments though waist 37 hips 45 so well see after 30 days where I am at!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Started my 30 day shred last night.....level one!!! Said a few choice words while working out......and after I was done....I hit a hot bath and went to bed.....

The first time I did the shred I was so sore I could not even sitting on the potty and I did not finish the 30 days.......not so much today, not sore....I wonder what tonight holds in store for me!!!

I hope I can hold true to myself and do the full 30 days.......

I even took pictures of myself last night.....to try to keep myself honest........if I don't do the 30 days...then I have to look at the pictures......yuck.......
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I want to join in... how long is each session?

There are 3 levels, 20-25 minutes a session. :happy:
  • mommasamfa
    Options
    I ordered the dvd and it should be here by the weekend. I know im a bit late starting, but would still like to join this challenge. :smile:

1847530.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

We are happy to have you :). We're more concerned with keeping everyone supported. Today will be day 3 for me! Keep us posted on how you're doing!

I'm so sore everyone. I'm not sure if I'm better or worse than yesterday but I'm sore. Anyone else's torso super sore?
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Mommasamfa, I'm sore as well. I completed day 2 today. I could hardly get up this morning. My body was hurting, especially my thighs. It is also hard to squat when I go the restroom. What keeps me going is thinking that perhaps it will get easier by day 5.