Anyone fancy startin 30 day shred tmro :-)

Options

Replies

• HannahPastoor
    Options
    I wish I could start tomorrow! Who knows maybe I will...It all depends on when it comes in the mail : )
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    AnnaBell,

If you are not already active while you wait, I would "warm up" for this by doing some walks or walk/run sessions. At least it would give you a head start to get ready for what's coming.
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Mommasamfa, I'm sore as well. I completed day 2 today. I could hardly get up this morning. My body was hurting, especially my thighs. It is also hard to squat when I go the restroom. What keeps me going is thinking that perhaps it will get easier by day 5.

Oddly you will wake up sore tomorrow, but you won't feel it so much in your workout. You'll be able to dip deeper into your lunges, kick a little higher, stay squatting lower. Its pretty great. My neck hurts (not just sore) from the ab routines. I have a weak neck though.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Day 3, level 2 done, did better than yesterday's level 2, but I really get concerned with this grinding popping noise in my knee so I modify a few things . . .still plenty of sweat and plenty of burn!
  • Juliane_
    Options
    Oddly you will wake up sore tomorrow, but you won't feel it so much in your workout. You'll be able to dip deeper into your lunges, kick a little higher, stay squatting lower. Its pretty great. My neck hurts (not just sore) from the ab routines. I have a weak neck though.

Could the neck be from the abs routine? I try to imagine holding an apple with my chin, so that I don't push my chin to my chest. Abs are tough.
  • Juliane_
    Options
    Day 3, level 2 done, did better than yesterday's level 2, but I really get concerned with this grinding popping noise in my knee so I modify a few things . . .still plenty of sweat and plenty of burn!

I modify a lot too. Although they say it's good to push yourself, I try to settle for pushing myself the best I can. I know with time I will gain strength and it will get easier.
  • tltincher
    tltincher Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Tonight is Day 3, Level 1 for me. (I wish I would get up to do it in the mornings). Anyway, I'm feeling pretty great! Here are my Level 1, Day 1 measurements. I'll post updated measurements every time I complete a level, I'm also going to update my profile pic....the belt I have on is the one I wore in high school!

D1, L1
    154.8 lbs.
    Bfat: 34.9%
    Hips: 37.5
    Waist: 33.5
    Thigh: 25
    Chest: 37
    Arms: 12
    Butt: 43

Good luck everyone, hang in there! Just when you are ready to give up, you're done! That's the great thing about this dvd, it's short and sweet!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've just started today, completed day 1 of level 1:

My Starting Measurements are:

Chest: 44.5"
    Arm: 15.5"
    Waist: 44"
    Hips: 48"
    Thigh: 27"

I actually didn't find it too difficult.... I guess I must be fitter than I thought...!

How many days do we stay on level 1?
  • rika76
    rika76 Posts: 7
    Options
    I did it one time on March 1, 2011 and I was so sore yesterday that I didnt even workout and now I'm real scared of that dvd. Maybe I'm still to big. I weigh around 295 and maybe I'm just not ready for that level of workout. I can do all the jumping jacks, but I cant do a single push up (not even the girl ones) It all looks so easy, but boy oh boy it sure does kick your butt. :smile: GOOD LUCK to all of you! Keep up the good work. Much respect to all that get though it.
  • tltincher
    tltincher Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hoo! Just did Day 3! Cranked the radio....a BIG help!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Finished day 2.
  • misschaplin
    Options
    Ordered my DVD :) will be here next week, cant wait!

keep up the good work guys
  • mommasamfa
    Options

Could the neck be from the abs routine? I try to imagine holding an apple with my chin, so that I don't push my chin to my chest. Abs are tough.

I have always imagined holding an apple with my chin. It's the tension of keeping it in that position though.
  • mommasamfa
    Options
    I did it one time on March 1, 2011 and I was so sore yesterday that I didnt even workout and now I'm real scared of that dvd. Maybe I'm still to big. I weigh around 295 and maybe I'm just not ready for that level of workout. I can do all the jumping jacks, but I cant do a single push up (not even the girl ones) It all looks so easy, but boy oh boy it sure does kick your butt. :smile: GOOD LUCK to all of you! Keep up the good work. Much respect to all that get though it.

I can barely go all the way down with a pushup. I just do the best I can, the rest will come. You will be sore if a workout is working you. If you're not sore, there's something wrong. You have to make sure that you're working muscles in a different way than normal. Your body has stayed the same weight it is now because it is used to the movements you're doing.
  • babyskeer
    Options
    Thanks il take a look :smile:
  • misschaplin
    Options
    Thanks il take a look :smile:

Dont know where abouts you live, but I am in the UK and got DVD from amazon for £4.99 including PP :)
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1 done. I still feel like I've been hit by a truck today, but just a smaller truck than yesterday! :)
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Advice please! I'm due to do day 3 (level 1) this evening. Whatever muscle it is you work when doing press-ups are killing me. I can barely lift my arms. So I'm thinking I'll do some extra sit-ups or something in place of the press-ups. I should be OK to do the other arm exercises. Is this sensible? My calves are also aching but I figure that sort of thing you should just work through. What do you think? I don't want to be wimping out at this early stage!
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been shredding the past week (today is Level 1 day 7 for me) and I have been finding it pretty tough so far! I have struggled to do the pushups and the first set of cardio all the way through and so I substitute a set of jumping jacks with the squat punches and swap them into the second set and I find this a lot easier on my poorly knees! I'm feeling so much stronger now I've done day 6 you can really notice the difference in my wobbly bits (i have many, lol)

For all the beginners I could hardly walk the first couple of days due to the burning pain in my thighs but this went away by day 4 and my legs feel so much stronger and toned already. I started logging 30DS as circuit training but when I wore my heart monitor yesterday (day 6) I apparently burned 475 calories so I was under reporting it significantly and I am now going to wear my hrm every workout.

I'm looking forward to moving onto level 2 on monday after the 10 days because I feel I'm getting ready. The only thing I would say is I've got pretty sore knees at the moment because I haven't been doing enough stretches after the workout so I'm definately going to do more stretches tonight!

Happy shredding everyone :)
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    "Advice please! I'm due to do day 3 (level 1) this evening. Whatever muscle it is you work when doing press-ups are killing me. I can barely lift my arms. So I'm thinking I'll do some extra sit-ups or something in place of the press-ups. I should be OK to do the other arm exercises. Is this sensible? My calves are also aching but I figure that sort of thing you should just work through. What do you think? I don't want to be wimping out at this early stage!"

I'm the same, I just worked through it, wasn't as bad as I expected, considering I could hardly walk or pick up my son without wincing lol xx