Like Minded Lushes March 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    thanks for the positive thoughts sent my way. I know I will figure this all out. Sorry someone got on here and judged us. It happens and we just move on. None of are the same, we have different goals, different struggles and different triggers. What we have in common is that we enjoy alcohol, wether or not we consume less, more, none or the same. I just wanted to say thank you all for being a part of this thread.

Ha, just getting caught up for the night...saw that God was on the thread...well, since he's watching, I'll be extra good tonight:devil:

Thursday, 0 drinks...

I'm glad I have my lushy friends:heart:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    thanks for the positive thoughts sent my way. I know I will figure this all out. Sorry someone got on here and judged us. It happens and we just move on. None of are the same, we have different goals, different struggles and different triggers. What we have in common is that we enjoy alcohol, wether or not we consume less, more, none or the same. I just wanted to say thank you all for being a part of this thread.

Ha, just getting caught up for the night...saw that God was on the thread...well, since he's watching, I'll be extra good tonight:devil:

Thursday, 0 drinks...

I'm glad I have my lushy friends:heart:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hey Bob, I love that we all have our own little demons. Last night my demons forced my mouth open and poured in some Bacardi Torched Cherry when I wasn't paying attention. I wish I knew whether or not that was a good demon or a bad demon, the jury is out on that issue:devil:
  • Bob1062
    Bob1062 Posts: 38
    Options
    RJ, I hate it when a drink sneaks down my throat. :devil: You are correct depending on what you are doing, the bad demon can actually be a good thing. Happy Friday everyone!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I slipped last night...Went to dinner with friends to my favorite margarita spot...ordering was like a reflex. *smackhead*

I made it Mon through Wed though...so there is progress. :drinker:

What does everyone do on the weekends to cut back?
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oh Robin :frown: I really hope things start moving again for you soon and you get out of this funk. Remember you are still at it and that's what counts. That in itself is an achievement :flowerforyou:

You are so right Pam about how less lushy you are and how awesome that is. I am also a lot less lushy and it's great. I can't imagine how my trackers would look if I was what I used to be. :embarassed:

Amy I'm glad you enjoyed your mac more than I did. :laugh: I'm put off them now!

Atlantique - I personally binge drink anyway. Why? Cause I gosh darn love being wasted and feeling nothing. If years of shrinks and being on meds for years can't fix me, then even more beating myself up about it and self analysis won't either. I like it, I do it. I can stop at one but I don't wan't to, hence I abstain then indulge. That's what keeps mine lower. I pretty much would drink whenever I have the following day off work. :laugh: I love how it makes me feel relaxed, it resets my brain. I listen to music extremely loud and enjoy it immensely.

I figure if we drink instead of eat our calories some days, so be it. :drinker:

Mon - 2 bottles of wine
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 0
    Thurs - 0
    Fri - 0

I'm about to start a 6 days of working straight so I don't see any drinking any time soon. Hope to do 60 mins of exercise again today so that scale moves next week!

Thanks Faith......Gee, do I dare say that I DECIDED to have beers last night??? All 9 of 'em??? Thanks Amy for your retort to that wanna be Dr. Phil type of a person. Oh, did I just judge?? I don't need anyone to point out that I may benefit from the "why" of drinking. I like it, I do it. I don't have to drink every night now, I never get black outs, I am fully functional in society. I had awesome parents that had a very busy restaurant/tavern, and yes, there was drinking. Fun times, good people. When it ceases to be that for me, then it's time to cut it all out. BUT NOT FOR NOW!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had another restaurant week dinner last night and went for the $15 wine pairing with the meal. I thought $15 might give me two glasses of wine, but no, it was really just a tasting-white with appetizer, red with dinner and port for dessert. oh well.
    Tonight I want tequila:tongue:
    TGIF
    As far as what I do on the weekends to cut back? I really don't cut back on the weekends! but I t hink I drink less than I used to...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I had one cherry vodka/s.f. red bull last night, went and played volleyball, and then crashed. I was under calories, so that's good.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi lushes, I've had a very emotional day today. It's 7 years today that my Dad died and it's coincided with a day off work so after a trip to the gym I indulged myself by listening to his favourite songs, remembering happy times and having a good cry. I feel exhausted now, I'm going to indulge in a glass or 2 of wine tonight but I expect i'll probably crash out on the sofa before I finish them.
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    i have a brew fest coming up in april all i can think of is calories omg the calories
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, it sounds like a wonderful way to honor his memory.

Monkeyboy--I wouldn't worry about it. Seriously. If you eat well, keep your drinks in moderation, and exercise between now and then, a brew fest won't totally destroy everything you've been working towards.

Hubby and I are going to Vegas in 3 weeks and I don't plan on working out, counting calories, or tracking my drinks. I'm going to do what I can beforehand to maintain, have a great time, and then get back on track when we get back.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Mon - 2 bottles of wine
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 0
    Thurs - 0
    Fri - 0
    Sat - 0

Pressure is building :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Mon - 2 bottles of wine
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 0
    Thurs - 0
    Fri - 0
    Sat - 0

Pressure is building :laugh:

like a bottle of champagne...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yvonne, you must have wonderful memories...what a great way to honor them
    Monkeyboy, sounds totally fun and wish I was going too...does it happen to be in MN??
    Amy, what's the cliche...what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...leave the calories there

OK, I have decided to not drink tonight and have the skinny margaritas tomorrow night...now, to implement it...:grumble:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Have a good weekend everyone! :drinker: Here's hoping I can keep the wine to a minimum. :blushing:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Hi lushes, I've had a very emotional day today. It's 7 years today that my Dad died and it's coincided with a day off work so after a trip to the gym I indulged myself by listening to his favourite songs, remembering happy times and having a good cry. I feel exhausted now, I'm going to indulge in a glass or 2 of wine tonight but I expect i'll probably crash out on the sofa before I finish them.

*hugs* What an awesome way to remember and honor him.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! I haven't been able to find this thread again for months. I'm excited to be surrounded by my drinking peers!
  • dawn454
    dawn454 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Almost beer time! Cheers!:drinker:
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    Yvonne, you must have wonderful memories...what a great way to honor them
    Monkeyboy, sounds totally fun and wish I was going too...does it happen to be in MN??
    Amy, what's the cliche...what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...leave the calories there

OK, I have decided to not drink tonight and have the skinny margaritas tomorrow night...now, to implement it...:grumble:

skinny margaritas please explain sound too good
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Almost beer time! Cheers!:drinker:

mmmmmm tomorrows beer time for me after my basketball game ive got a bottle of rare baleywine just waiting for me 12%