Thursday~3.5 miles weights 20min
    Friday~2.5 power miles with intervals weights10min
    Saturday~2 miles weights 10min

Done 21 miles
    Goal 80 miles
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I meant to log in what I did yesterday. I had to catch up on my washing and so I didn't get to walk yesterday. I'm off to do grocery shopping with my parents but I plan to walk when I get home if I have some energy left. Happy Saturday everbody.
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello, Good Afternoon Walkers !

I walked 6.1 miles this morning 2 hours 5 minutes. The weather is 77 degree's & windy with over cast. NICE WALK!

Time for lunch & Then a Nap OR Maybe a Nap first then Lunch :bigsmile:

Everyone Have A GREAT WALK & Weekend !!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I am soooo tired. I've been out shopping with my kids since around 8 or 9 this morning. They are looking for prom clothes. It really makes me feel old, my son will be graduating in just a few short months. :sad: But I am proud of him & his girlfriend, they'll make a cute couple at the prom.

I should have taken my pedometer, I feel like I've walked about 10 miles.
  • viggie
    Options
    I just hit a mile stone!! I walk 4 miles with the WATP 5 fast mile!! Ok me you rock!!!:flowerforyou:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I just hit a mile stone!! I walk 4 miles with the WATP 5 fast mile!! Ok me you rock!!!:flowerforyou:

Good for you, Viggie! Can you send me some of your motivation?
  • viggie
    Options

Good for you, Viggie! Can you send me some of your motivation?

What can I say? I've been looking at myself and realizing that I can do more than I think. I think about the Biggest Losers and although I know there at a ranch and have all the doctors, personnal trainers and the like, they still have to do the work. And if a six hundred man can do the things he's doing on the show, pushing himself I figure I can push one more mile every now and again. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but for now when I think I can I will.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    March 1
    Monday~4.5 miles
    Tuesday~4.5 miles
    Wednesday~4 miles
    Thursday~3.5 miles weights 20min
    Friday~2.5 power miles with intervals weights10min
    Saturday~2 miles weights 10min
    Sunday~1.5 miles

Done 22.5 miles
    Goal 80 miles
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello Good Afternoon!!!

Walked 5.3 miles this morning, Felt sluggish toward the end, I had My husband pick me up before finishing. It was so windy on the way back that I was pushing against the wind UGH!!!!!

I did not workout last night with weights, Im out looking for a weight bench today, No lucK so far :frown:

Be Back Later! :flowerforyou:
  • cdbjr2000
    cdbjr2000 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    4 miles saturday and 4 miles sunday on the boardwalk.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    I'm back from my weekend and it was fun! We exercised alot with walking and snow shoeing so I went an equivalent of about 10 miles over the weekend between both. My cold is so much better so I have lots of energy compared to last week. Now I have to start my weight training for the month. Lots of new members joining the group! Welcome!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, March marchers!

Great to see so many continuing and so many new walkers. :happy:

I got a few new Sansone videos to add to my collection and tried out the Walk Slim Fast & Firm 4 Miles this weekend (twice!). It's a good workout; first time I've seen Leslie turn over the lead to another walker, which was still motivating, and my first use of the firm band.

Along with the use of the firm band, I used Sansone's Short Cuts video for strength training. Like many others, I'm trying to add those minutes to my March tallies. My arms are really feeling the added exercise, :grumble: but I hope they get used to it soon and hope to see the difference at the end of the month.

Have a great week, everybody!

exercise.png

exercise.png
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Welcome to our newbies!

I'm feeling a bit better but the head congestion seems to be hanging on. And now my shoulder is sching from moving a bunch of trees on Friday! I will attempt the yoga today but I may have to skip some of the moves--we'll see.

Consance--I wish I had a daughter that would push me out the door to walk!

I didn't walk on Saturday but took my grandson for a 3+ mile walk yesterday. It was a fairly nice day here.

Time to go. Have a great day, everyone!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    March Week 2
    Monday~4.5 10/weights

Goal 80
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Good Morning WALKERS !!!

I ididn't have much time this morning to get my walk in, I had to mail out a birthday present to my Dad, So I had to over night it because his birthday is tomorrow :bigsmile: Any how I got 3.84 miles in.

I haven't lifted weights for the past 2 days :frown: . Still looking for a weight bench, No Luck on craigs list yet!! And I didn't want to spend the money at Wal-Mart, The bench price wasn't to bad $77.00 But then I'd have to buy the bar & weights seperately.
    I must get some weight lifting in tonight even without the weight bench, I had to give the sore muscles a little rest.

I started this journey 1 week before Thanksgiving at 206. pounds and as of today I weigh 163.4 (3 1/2 months), I can't believe I waited So many years to DO THIS!!!!!!!! WHY DID I let myself go so long. Yeah , I still have 40 pounds left to go, But Im feeling Great NOW! and all it took was 3 1/2 months. ( WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!! ALL THOSE YEARS). SORRY I JUST HAD TO VENT OUT LOUD to myself :angry:

I THANK THIS GROUP & ALL MY MFP friends for my Journey thus FAR. :drinker:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I really feel like I've been slipping lately and I"m trying to get back into the swing of things. I had a busy weekend and missed out on my usual long workouts and now I feel so guilty. I did get in 2 miles (a little over) at lunch today. I probably won't get to walk tomorrow as I have to leave work early for an appointment afterwards and Wednesday I have a lunch meeting. So after that I should be free at last and able to get back into a routine. So everybody send me a butt kicking if I don't! :bigsmile: The only good thing is that I have not gained any weight so I seem to be doing the maintenance thing okay.

If anyone likes guacamole I tried a new recipe tonight and it's great! It's called Slim Guacamole, my son's girlfriend found a great mexican light cookbook.

Happy Walking!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello Group!!!

I forced myself to get some weight lifting in, I got side tracked several times. My husband interupted, wanting me to hold the flashlight so he can fix my car tire (around 8pm) then I had a phone call that I gladly excepted :bigsmile: , so I might have gotten 5 minutes in.

Sandra -- skipping the weekend is okay, But its time to get back on track. Thank Goodness your maintaining your weight Thats Fantastic!!!!!!

Good Night!!!! zzzzzzzz
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    My endurance is so much better and I feel so much stronger, Yay! Tomorrow I will do a weight work out, I think I may readjust my weight lifting minutes for the month since I'm getting a later start.
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi all,
    Hope everyone had a great weekend.,,,
    I didn't get much of a workout in eather this weekend, only 2 to 3 miles. Sunday is always my rest day. This week I've decided I'm going to add yoga back into my routean, a couple days/week. So today I did 30 min. yoga, and only 1 mile, My daughter wasn't home to push me to do more tonight.:laugh:

Terese - 163 lbs is amazing,, especally in 31/2 mouths,,,, it's taken me 2 years just to drop 30 lbs., I've still got 20 more to go, but the closer I get to my goal the harder it comes off. But I think it also has to do with motavation too.... If I walked as much as you do I'm sure I'd be at my goal today.
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello Walkers!

I'm getting a late start this month. But I did Leslie's Boot Camp today. 3 miles...its not a lot but I'm moving and that's what matters. My goal is 30 miles. Fingers crossed. LOL

Thanks Sandy. You're doing a great job again, as always.

Patti