Starting Couch to 5k - want to join??

Options

Replies

• jewels1310
    Options
    I'm doing that right now with the Nike + app, they have a "coach" program on their website and with the nike sensor it tracks my runs. Though I will say I haven't exactly followed it (I've tried to run more than walk), but I'm almost to a mile now without stopping. Good luck!
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    Well I did the first day today. It went really well and I got thru the whole time. I was really nervous about doing this at the fitness center here in town because I always felt I needed to hang on to the rails or I was going to fall off but no rails today even running:) Looking forward to next time probably Tues:)
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    Today I did a mile with walking/running in 16 minutes. That is pretty big for me cuz i just started last monday and it was taking me almost 22 minutes to do a mile. It amazes me how quickly I am adjusting to this and shaving so much time off my mile in only a week. Thanks to everyone on this site. it is a HUGE motivation to me!!
  • marniebigelow
    Options
    I started last week, so tomorrow I'm on W2D1...My goal is to do the Dirty Girl race is August :smile:
  • a_fit_me
    a_fit_me Posts: 103
    Options
    Hello...I am new to the site and would like to join in. I have been wanting to try the C25K for awhile, so this is great motivation for me.
  • wanderingpilgrim
    wanderingpilgrim Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Dealing with a blister today...not thrilled about it as I'm already wondering how it's going to affect my run tomorrow. Anyone have tried, tested and true remedies for dealing with blisters and also avoiding them? Have any of you tried moleskin? Can you use it on an open blister?
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yep...add me as a friend!
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    I've seen basketball players wear 2 pairs of socks I wonder if that helps prevent blisters.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Even when I was younger and more fit running was not my favorite exercise. I'm going to give it a shot though and will be using the C25K Android app to help me. I just went yesterday and got fitted for running shoes so I'm ready to go!
    As far as blisters, I used to get blisters a lot and did exactly what I shouldn't have done...cut all the skin off it. So I'm probably should not give blister advice...LOL
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1, so far so good!
  • wanderingpilgrim
    Options
    A
  • wanderingpilgrim
    Options

As far as blisters, I used to get blisters a lot and did exactly what I shouldn't have done...cut all the skin off it. So I'm probably should not give blister advice...LOL

LOL! shoot- that's exactly what I did....
  • nickiben
    nickiben Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Im struggling with running outside - its soooo cold when I get back in I have a pounding migraine so then my "running high" goes straight out the window. Im going to save up for a treadmill as seen a good one for £250. I'll be fine once its summer and 25c outside!!!
  • buywithjack
    Options
    New to this as of today but want/need to get into shape so let the party start!!!!
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    I just started day 1 too. It wasn't too challenging, it was about moderate and it felt good. I look forward to the rest of the program!
  • keylareed
    keylareed Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I am starting tomorrow!!! It would be great to have support! Every one of my friends has done the program and they love it. They are all on their way to a 10K. :) It has been a while since I ran..... like 10 years or so..... I might be a little slow, but I am motivated! I'll send you a friend request!
  • lrohrman
    lrohrman Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm running a 5k this April! Never ran one before and i'm super excited!
    Add me!
    I've been trying to run a couple mins in the gym when i go.
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    I'm using the app. GetRunning for the couch to 5k. I love it so far. Im starting my second week today. Good luck!
  • Cheeks768
    Cheeks768 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hoping it's not too late for me to join in. I will be starting this week. I'm actually doing a 5k run/walk on March 19th. I've been hitting the treadmill pretty hard for the past few weeks to build up endurance, but I want to start the interval training.

So, count me in please :happy:

Jenn
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just did my first day...wasn't too bad. I have been walking about 15 miles a week and trying to up my pace the last few weeks in preparation. I think I'll probably have to do week 3 a couple times but hey, as long as the butt is moving!