Team Challenge! (2/21/11-3/22/11)

Options

Replies

• alliej
    alliej Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day--Going strong and ready to crush Monday's weigh in!

Good job partner :) I'm here if you need help!
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    <-- Please notice, new screen name :)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    <-- Please notice, new screen name :)

Love it, what made you change?

Today's workout: ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 3
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    Woohoo! Good job everyone!
    I've been running ragged the past 2 days, so apologies for the silence on my part lol
    Changed my username too :) When I signed up, I didn't figure I'd become so active on the boards lol

Aaaanyways, wanted to check in, say congrats to everyone (oh! and BOOYAH! Told ya me & em had you all this week lmao)
  • emkess
    emkess Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    emkess/sleight in the top 3 again. Thanks all to my teammate. Great job everyone! Sleight.. can we stay in the top 3 a third week in a row? I think so. Been working extra hard this week.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I've been running ragged the past 2 days, so apologies for the silence on my part lol
    Changed my username too :) When I signed up, I didn't figure I'd become so active on the boards lol

Aaaanyways, wanted to check in, say congrats to everyone (oh! and BOOYAH! Told ya me & em had you all this week lmao)

Try it with out the meds and see how you do? I don't mind you trying to improve yourself, but to gloat about it, is a bit much. Like I said if I was on meds to lose weight I'd probably be down 20-25 pounds by now.

Sorry guys just had to say it.
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm trying my hardest. So wish I had enough time to do more than a hour workout a day.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I'm trying my hardest. So wish I had enough time to do more than a hour workout a day.

You shouldn't have to do more than an hour a day. Your doing Great!
  • FitBride080611
    FitBride080611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Calorieninja---How did you change your screen name but keep all your info the same? I want to change mine because my wedding date changed. It's now going to be June 23, 2012 and it's set this time woot woot!
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Hey everyone be quiet!!!
  • x_cylence_x
    Options

Try it with out the meds and see how you do? I don't mind you trying to improve yourself, but to gloat about it, is a bit much. Like I said if I was on meds to lose weight I'd probably be down 20-25 pounds by now.

i think you're reading way too much into that dear, but ok. i suppose since i'm on meds I can't participate in the joking as well. whatever.
    See, that's why I don't calculate my food on here, or anything else for that matter. I'm hardly gloating. I'm super stoked that I'm actually losing weight, but I'm just as proud of everyone else.
    ugh.... i'm not even gonna say anymore... i'm so mad.
  • Stooooo
    Options

i think you're reading way too much into that dear, but ok. i suppose since i'm on meds I can't participate in the joking as well. whatever.
    See, that's why I don't calculate my food on here, or anything else for that matter. I'm hardly gloating. I'm super stoked that I'm actually losing weight, but I'm just as proud of everyone else.
    ugh.... i'm not even gonna say anymore... i'm so mad.

Your mad? First of all I didn't say you couldn't participate in the joking. I'm just saying that there are those of us who are working our butts off to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week. You said you were doing only 40 minutes of exercise 3 days a week. While others on here are working out 5-7 days a week for hours a day, just to match your weight loss. Am I happy that you are losing weight? Of course I am happy when anyone is taking the steps to improve their health. I just feel like you have an unfair advantage and by gloating are rubbing it in all of our faces.

"BOOYAH" to me is rubbing it in my face. Just my 2 cents.
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    Your mad? First of all I didn't say you couldn't participate in the joking. I'm just saying that there are those of us who are working our butts off to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week. You said you were doing only 40 minutes of exercise 3 days a week. While others on here are working out 5-7 days a week for hours a day, just to match your weight loss. Am I happy that you are losing weight? Of course I am happy when anyone is taking the steps to improve their health. I just feel like you have an unfair advantage and by gloating are rubbing it in all of our faces.

"BOOYAH" to me is rubbing it in my face. Just my 2 cents.

just.... don't talk to me. those pills do nothing more than curb my sugar cravings. I guarantee that had I never said a damn thing about my pills, this conversation would NEVER have even been brought up. And, by the way, I've NEVER said I only work out 3x a week.
    Ugh..
    Whatever.
    Ya know, we're all here for the same reasons. My "gloating" was me joking, so take it however you want, I bust my *kitten* to lose weight JUST like everyone else here.
    Since I seemingly have an "unfair advantage" I'll just quit talking in here altogether, if it'll make you feel better.
  • alliej
    Options
    Don't say your medicine just curbs your sugar craving.

What is phentermine?
    Oral phentermine Hydrochloride (HCL) is sold for weight loss. It is in the Sympathomimetic family of appetite suppressants (used for the short-term management of exogenous obesity.)
    When used in conjunction with diet, exercise, and behavior therapy, phentermine may help you to lose weight while you are learning new ways to eat and to exercise.

It is used to suppress appetite!!!!!!!!!!

I am a nurse and work in medical field.. Don;t tell me it is only used to curve sugar craving that is BS!!!

No one is telling you not to joke and have fun but I am the personal leader EVERY week so far and you don't see me rubbing it in everybody face!
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    well, me being the one taking it, it curbed my appetite for about a week. now, i hardly notice I'm taking it, aside from the fact that I don't want sugar anymore. So, no, quit twisting my words I didn't say it was used ONLY for my sugar cravings.

I can't freakin believe this...

yeh i'm done, you guys have fun.
  • alliej
    Options
    I am not telling you to quit by any means. I want everyone to lose weight. I feel so many of us need to but when it is thrown in peoples faces that you have a RX to help you it is a little frustrating to those who don't who are doing it on there own. If you noticed there a couple people who have not dropped any weight or very little and I am sure would love to have a magic pill to help.

If you notice after you posted that the boards quieted down....I don't know if because of that or just pure coincidence.
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    well, i'm bowing out since I have an unfair advantage. Have fun.
    *shakes head*
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    What does it matter what anyone else is doing to lose weight? Did I miss a memo or something? Is there some million dollar prize for winning this challenge? NO, there's nothing except the personal satisfaction of losing weight for your OWN GOOD.

The only reason for doing this challenge was so you could add a little personal accountability to a team member and to encourage each other in a positive and/or competitve, yet friendly, manner.

So much for that notion, I guess.

What if I had the means to hire a personal trainer to work out with for 4 hrs a day 6 days a week? How about if I recently had a gastric bypass surgery? How about hypnosis? None of this is the case for me, but so what if it were? I'm still the one that has to control what goes in my mouth and whether or not I choose to move my body every day and how. Even if I had something to control my appetite, I personally would have issues with my addictions and emotional issues tied to the act of eating. There is no magic pill that just fixes all that .... for anyone.

Disappointed.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    OK first let me see if I can explain myself a little better and I will try to answer you comments directly.
    What does it matter what anyone else is doing to lose weight? Did I miss a memo or something? Is there some million dollar prize for winning this challenge? NO, there's nothing except the personal satisfaction of losing weight for your OWN GOOD.

It doesn't matter how someone loses weight and no you didn't miss a memo. It is just frustrating to me who is working my *kitten* off, consistently coming in under my calories and eating the right way, yet I don't lose a pound in two weeks. While someone else with the help of an appetite supressent drops weight like it's no one business. But then they flaunted it, so it pissed me off.
    The only reason for doing this challenge was so you could add a little personal accountability to a team member and to encourage each other in a positive and/or competitve, yet friendly, manner.

Agreed, I don't mind yeah someone going "oh yeah I'm gonna kick your this week" but when there are people on here who aren't losing anything you don't come back on and say "booyah". I dunno maybe it's just me and I am over reacting. If so I apologize. Maybe I should have handled my frustration better.
    So much for that notion, I guess.

What if I had the means to hire a personal trainer to work out with for 4 hrs a day 6 days a week? How about if I recently had a gastric bypass surgery? How about hypnosis? None of this is the case for me, but so what if it were? I'm still the one that has to control what goes in my mouth and whether or not I choose to move my body every day and how. Even if I had something to control my appetite, I personally would have issues with my addictions and emotional issues tied to the act of eating. There is no magic pill that just fixes all that .... for anyone.

Disappointed.

If you had the means to hire a personal trainer, good for you because you are going about losing the weight the right way. In the way that is good for you. Gastric bypass I think that's the cheating way as well. That is just my opinion, sorry I voiced my it. Since it seems to be just myself and my wife who feel this way. I'll pull out of the challenge x..cellenc..x can stay. I was under the impression that others felt the same way. I to am disappointed.

I agree dark there is no magic pill. The only ting that works is watching what you eat and hard work. There are no short cuts...
    Good luck everyone!
  • FitBride080611
    FitBride080611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Not to change the subject or anything...but today's Sunday and I'm at my house today for the first timr in weeks! (rather than spending the weeked at Kyle's). I was helping my sister and mom put the favors and invitations together friday night and yesterday, Kyle and I went to see the Monster Truck Jam at the Carrier Dome. So rather than going all the way back to his house, we just stayed here. I happen to have boat loads of data entry type work to finish so that's the perfect reason to keep my self put, and not be tempted by the food/drinks out at Kyles. Also, I didn't regret the 16oz bud light I had at the show anyone once we decided to walk the 2.5 miles back to the car instead of wait in line to take the shuttle!

Also...I obviously noticed the previous posts, but I just want to throw my two cents into the mix, and say maybe we could work it out somehow. This, I thought, was meant to be a friendly challenge, that helps us stick to it due to our partners. I definitely can agree its frusterating to be working super hard and not losing anything/very little, hence I've only lost 3lbs. I also believe that however a person wants to lose their weight should be up to them--I've used diet pills in the past (not RX but still), and I was successful on them. It happened to be slim quick...but honestly, after a few months I realized the pills were a waste of money and not helping in the process at all....HOWEVER, the fact I was utilizing their message boards, and changing my patterns overall DID help, and I successfully kept most of the weight off.

So at the end of the day, maybe we could just remind ourselves that this challenge is meant to be something fun, and it's great to cheer people on, but regardless of who lost weight or how they did it, I also agree it is a touch over the top to rub it in anyones faces.