Lenten Scale Diet Official Thread - Join us!

Options

Replies

• fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you Red and Marnie for not stepping on the scale today!!! We all knew you could do it!!!
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Day 2 rocked!! I was happy when I saw my measurements were smaller today :) We can do this!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    NSV for me today!!! I pulled out a pr of jeans 1 size smaller and guess who is wearing them today???

Yay!!!!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Doing good so far! I really don't think I'll be struggling for a few weeks though... I've been losing for a few weeks and am probably due to a gain (normal fluctuation) so I am glad to be missing seeing it! I definitely see the last half of the challenge being harder than the first half for me... just keeping motivation going when I can't tell the scale is moving.
  • fzyfrog
    Options
    I started early because I needed to divorce the scale immediately and the first 10 days were the hardest for me. I'm on day 18 now and I've found it has become easier! Everyone is different! But we'll still be here for you that last half too when ever you need us!
    Doing good so far! I really don't think I'll be struggling for a few weeks though... I've been losing for a few weeks and am probably due to a gain (normal fluctuation) so I am glad to be missing seeing it! I definitely see the last half of the challenge being harder than the first half for me... just keeping motivation going when I can't tell the scale is moving.
  • fzyfrog
    Options
    Yay Jenn!!
    Day 2 rocked!! I was happy when I saw my measurements were smaller today :) We can do this!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to me that all I think about all day is that scale! :grumble: I went YEARS and didn't weigh myself, which is part of what's freaking me out I think. I didn't weigh for years and look what happened?! I have not succumbed to stepping on it though, and I WILL NOT! :noway:

I couldn't agree with you more, Marnie! :bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Well, today was easier then I thought it would be. I'm acutally kind of shocked. I think at this point, going through this plateau, I'm actually relieved to not have to face the damn thing.

I think my freak out will come in 2-3 weeks when I'm really hungry for results. But, so far so good!

I love reading everyones post - I think all of you will be a huge part of my success!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the entire thread, but enough to figure that the concept of forgetting about the scale would be a good way for me to shake off the winter doldrums and get back to it. I already recommitted myself to making some changes in conjunction with Lent.

I backslid after Christmas, and it would be nice to meet Easter equal to or lower than my lowest previous weight. I weighed this morning, 3/10; so as soon as I finish this post, I am going to remove the scale from the bathroom.

I wish everyone well.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Welcome weaklink - we love new people.

This morning was super hard for me... I did so good the last few days including a big calorie burn last night. I would LOVE to see some change on the scale.

But what will happen if I do... if In down I will slack off... If Im up after everything I have done this week, I will be devastated...

So again after much thought... its not worth it ... I remain steadfast AWAY from the scale! :)
  • fzyfrog
    Options
    Doesn't it feel great to not focus on the scale? Focus your energy on making great food choices and wicked burns! The results will come for you!
    Well, today was easier then I thought it would be. I'm acutally kind of shocked. I think at this point, going through this plateau, I'm actually relieved to not have to face the damn thing.

I think my freak out will come in 2-3 weeks when I'm really hungry for results. But, so far so good!

I love reading everyones post - I think all of you will be a huge part of my success!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    So I woke up feeling particularly skinny today...my undies even feel loose! :laugh: My first thought, of course, was I'd love to get on that scale and see if those loose undies mean anything. I didn't do it though! :tongue: Man, this is harder than I thought it'd be! Hope you all get your "skinny" on today! :drinker:
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Scale is hidden under the bed, and I have to say, its kind of a relief to not have it there taunting me in the bathroom. I am worried about my work weigh in on Tuesday, since I will not have the opportunity to self-check, but I am just going to stay focused and trust the program to work!
  • MrsPalek
    MrsPalek Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love this idea- I am in.
    My official beginning weight is 118.

Dana
    Dover, FL
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Okay...so, I thought I had just given up on the whole giving up the scale thing...I weighed myself this morning, and my weight was up...it's been bugging me all day, and I wound up crying to my fiance about my weight and how it's not moving much today...like, literally crying! And, I'm kind of realizing...I'm way too fixated on that number. Way too fixated. I need to start up fresh right now, and I need to start making healthy food choices and getting my exercise in gear. Please, help me!
  • lorrainegd
    Options
    struggling with no scale today. wed I put the scale on my husbands dresser, but then it was STARING at me everytime I walked into my room...so I put it IN his underwear drawer! I have no idea if it is still there...it may be...fighting hard not to check though. I am determined to make it 3 solid weeks with no scale - then I have to do my monthly WW check in before the end of March:ohwell: . Then I will go to Easter with no scale. I can do it...I WILL do it...though it MAY drive me insane. :tongue:
  • MrsPalek
    MrsPalek Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Blueviolet- Actually the best part of a diet is that every day is a fresh start to do your best with excersize and diet...Try and eliminate any foods that are processed and cut out any soda. Take it 1 day at a time..or 1 hour at a time...

Good Luck and try not get upset with yourself.
  • fzyfrog
    Options
    Blueviolet - did you check out the link that sarahnicolexoxo posted earlier in the thread? The scale # means nothing. It's how your body looks and feels that should be pushing you! Are you working out and making good food choices?
    Okay...so, I thought I had just given up on the whole giving up the scale thing...I weighed myself this morning, and my weight was up...it's been bugging me all day, and I wound up crying to my fiance about my weight and how it's not moving much today...like, literally crying! And, I'm kind of realizing...I'm way too fixated on that number. Way too fixated. I need to start up fresh right now, and I need to start making healthy food choices and getting my exercise in gear. Please, help me!
  • fzyfrog
    Options
    You can do it. Don't focus on the scale and what it does or doesn't say. Focus on healthy foods. Focus on your exercise. Focus on how your clothes feel. That number on the scale can mean nothing. You can do this!!!
    struggling with no scale today. wed I put the scale on my husbands dresser, but then it was STARING at me everytime I walked into my room...so I put it IN his underwear drawer! I have no idea if it is still there...it may be...fighting hard not to check though. I am determined to make it 3 solid weeks with no scale - then I have to do my monthly WW check in before the end of March:ohwell: . Then I will go to Easter with no scale. I can do it...I WILL do it...though it MAY drive me insane. :tongue:
  • Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late for the start, but am going to take the challenge. My last weigh in was 198.5. I am addicted to my scale!!! This is going to be hard, but sometimes it seems the hardest things are the most worthwhile. See you all at Easter!!!