30 day shred

Options

Replies

• MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    Count me in! I do the 30 Day Shred all the time but have never committed to the whole 30 days! I do it about 3-4 times a week here and there...never consistent. I use 5lb weights. Anyone using more than that??
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I do the 30 Day Shred all the time but have never committed to the whole 30 days! I do it about 3-4 times a week here and there...never consistent. I use 5lb weights. Anyone using more than that??

Welcome! We started out as a good sized group, but have lost some people along the way. We'd be happy to have you along!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Ok I managed to do day 25 this am, it's now 11.20pm just home exhausted and going to bed. Had at first thought I would shred when I got home tonight, so so glad now that I did this am. Good Night all, well actually probably Good Morning to you all. :yawn:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Jen, Good Job getting it in!

I finished D13, L1 and D3, L2 this morning. My legs shake when I'm doing those static lunges!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Morning all, Its fantastic (or frantic) friday here. Still deciding if I should have a break today from shred as I have a 90 minute Ballet Class tonight. AND I get so tired by the end of the day and hungry. But I love the way my body feels after doing the shred. It seems to me that I can feel the muscles all working and feeling stronger. Its nice seeing everyone advancing on their days done. Well done Steph you are nearly at the finish line and you progressed to Level 3. Well done Kate, stepping it up to Level 2.:smile:
    Have a healthy day. Cheers Jenni
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Did D6 L3 (26/30) this morning!! I didn't do all the jumping moves, and modified them to their simplest forms. I felt like the sumos would have KILLED my hips/inner thighs if I had have done them with the jumping. (I also did W1 D2 of the C25K.)
    ________

How's the ballet going Jen?

Yay, new people!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Ok so I did take a break from Jillian today and put my energy into my Ballet Class tonight. It was amazing I love it so much, and if I don't look in the mirror I feel like a Ballerina. I did learn ballet a 100 years ago and it is all coming back to me. Well in the head, but the brain has trouble getting the message to the limbs. I have work tomorrow, late lunch with girlfriends, (why oh why did they choose an italian restaurant), then home for a date at sometime with Jillian. Have a great week end everyone.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Enjoy your day, Jen! The ballet sounds great!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I couldn't remember what day I was on.jI guess I'm slipping into auto-pilot.

D14, L1 and D4, L2: finished. Now I better shake things up so I can remember to pay attention.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    ****** DAY 26 ****** still doing level 1......just so happy with what I am achieving.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Day 26! That is fantastic, Jen!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Jen, you're almost there!! That's great that the ballet is all coming back to you!!

I got in my D27 (I think it was 27) last night. Three more left! I'm supposed to run again today too... My family is still asleep, so I can't Shred til they wake up. Excuse #2: I like doing the Shred BEFORE I run.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D5, L2: Finished. :tongue:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D6, L2: Done:indifferent: I hate those lunges in circuit 2!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    D9 L3 (29/30)!!! :noway: :noway: I have no words... Yes I do! Today was HARD!! But I did it all... And I didn't have to go running, so it's all good. :laugh:
    D6, L2: Done:indifferent: I hate those lunges in circuit 2!
    Pendulum? I loved those!! I switched out jumping lunges for those a couple times through L3.
  • darcandoit
    Options
    i just joined this site today an would like to join in on the 30day shred.
    I'm not familiar with the site yet, so not sure how I would get back to this topic...
    Good luck everyone!:smile:
  • celerycruncher
    Options
    Hi I started doing the 30 day shred today after hearing about it through this site. My legs are Killing! But it is good and I'm going to try to stick with it. My question is how are people logging it in the exercise log?
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Hi I started doing the 30 day shred today after hearing about it through this site. My legs are Killing! But it is good and I'm going to try to stick with it. My question is how are people logging it in the exercise log?
    It is a killer and I have noticed more than pound loss a greater fittness level, even though I am sticking to level 1 for now. I log it under circuit training.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm working on my second "round" of 30 day shred. I did my first 30 days in February, now I'm back on level 1, but this time with heavier weights (5 lbs) and not doing any of the modified moves.

I haven't shredded in a couple days and I miss it! I started the Couch to 5K program and bought Jillian's Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD yesterday. O...M...G is that hard! It's like 30 day shred, but all cardio with no weights for about 50 mins. But it's KILLER! I can't wait to go back to my Shred!! I never thought I'd say THAT! LOL :laugh:
  • Tupelo64
    Tupelo64 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :) I did the dvd for the first time tonight. I thought I was in relatively good shape (for my shape lol). I spin and do yoga for 60 minutes, I run up to 2 miles.. etc.. but it kicked my *kitten* when it came to the weights and upper body. I got my 5 lb weights out and when I was finished with the 20 minutes I was searching the house for my little pink 3 lbs ones I know are hiding somewhere!

I will only do the video on the days I do not have spin/yoga/run class so about 4 times a week (instead of 7 I guess). So I am in and there are too many boards with this link so hopefully I will remember this one. I have NO IDEA how to bump. I took my measurements.. and I am too shy to post online even in this virtual world of support... I will report at the end.. my losses hopefully.

My arms, shoulders and back will thank me when they are looking smoking HOT and unflabbed this summer :) Thinking positively!

K