SWaT Walking Group

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,266 Member
    Options
    Feel good today and actually got myself to the gym to do cardio and strength training. Feeling good! Not planning to weigh in until the end of March unless I feel like I may experience success. Don't want to focus on the number as much as how I feel. I think I'm in range to meet my target goals for this month. I really have to make myself lift weights. Love the walking/cardio but weights are not my favorite way to spend time...
  • TATennis
    TATennis Posts: 49
    Options
    Thank You! :wink: Group for the welcome. Nice to meet you Trish!

Marie, Im so Glad your feeling much better :smile:

Jenny, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Your birthday dinner sounded awesome, soooo yummy. I wish I had a restaurant down here that served that.

Walked 5.6 miles to the Mall & home. Now I need to lift some weights tonight, I missed last night :ohwell:

Happy Sunday Everyone :happy:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Jenny! It sounds like you enjoyed your day and that's what is important!

I've been busy today. I took my Mom (83) to Wal-mart and it always takes a long time as she can't walk so fast any more. But it was a beautiful day for getting out. Then I cleaned my kitchen, washed clothes and cooked dinner. Now it's 7:00 and I'm not feeling the urge to go exercise even tho I know I should. But I'll probably just fold the rest of the laundry and call it a night! :bigsmile:

It will be a short week for me, I'm off Thursday & Friday! YAY!

Keep on walking everybody!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone! Welcome, newbies!

Got some walking in this weekend, though not what I planned.

Did well at the birthday celebration(s) at my brother's on Saturday--Happy Birthday, Jenny. March is a GREAT month for a birthday!

Plan to up my walking this week so time to get to it!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    March Week 2
    Monday~4.5 10/weights
    Tuesday~3.5
    Wednesday~3.5 miles
    Thursday~3 miles
    Friday~2 miles
    Saturday~1.5 10/W
    Sunday 1.5

Did not wealk this a.m., just tired! :<{
    Goal 80
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just finished 3 miles fast burn. It feels good to get back on track. The last week was really bad.
  • TATennis
    Options
    Good Morning!!

walked 2.88 miles this morning, So I just rounded it to 3 miles walked :bigsmile:

Monday :ohwell: , Hope everyones week is Great!

Hopefully tonight I can get some weight lifting in. Gotta go, must stuff some lunch in before heading to work. Ugh !
  • dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join but not sure how to add tickers and this all so would help me train for the 100k trail walker that I'm planning to do :smile:
    Is it still Ok to join
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Welcome Dawny78- it's fine to join anytime. We all set our own goals for walking and strength training if you choose to do so. Go at your own pace. Go to tickerfactory.com and choose an exercise ticker, set it up the way you want and then copy the Bbb url into your signature under message boards on this sight. As you progress, update your ticker, and remember the code you chose to access it. I have to recut and paste each time I update because I can't figure out how to change it any other way. Clicking on mine doesn't work. Sandy on this thread may be able to help you.:flowerforyou:
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    I wish i would have found this thread earlier :( would still join though :)
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I wish i would have found this thread earlier :( would still join though :)

I know what you mean. I'm so glad Sandy started this challenge and I'm so glad I found it early on when beginning this journey. It has kept me on track and the people on this thread are so supportive and fun to chat with too!:happy:
  • sandara
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm glad to see everyone off to a good start this week.

Alice you deserve a break. I think your one of our most consistent walkers. Sometimes you just need a day of rest.

Welcome Arwamya & Dawny78. It's never to late to join in. There's still half of the month left and we'll be going on into April too. So just set your goals and jump right in. :bigsmile:

I think we need to make some detail instructions for the ticker setup that we can repost whenever we need them. It is a little confusing. Maybe we can get something together by this weekend??

I did the 3-mile workout with the walk belt from the 5 mile walk dvd. I need to do some weights but I still have dinner to cook. :sad:

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Alice you deserve a break. I think your one of our most consistent walkers. Sometimes you just need a day of rest.

Welcome Arwamya & Dawny78. It's never to late to join in. There's still half of the month left and we'll be going on into April too. So just set your goals and jump right in. :bigsmile:

I think we need to make some detail instructions for the ticker setup that we can repost whenever we need them. It is a little confusing. Maybe we can get something together by this weekend??

I did the 3-mile workout with the walk belt from the 5 mile walk dvd. I need to do some weights but I still have dinner to cook. :sad:

Sandy, Do you know how to change your ticker by clicking on it? Mine doesn't work that way. I have to go back into tickerfactory and sometimes make a whole new ticker because my codes don't pull up the right ticker. Putsy! Just looking for a simpler way...

Jenny
  • sandara
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Sandy, Do you know how to change your ticker by clicking on it? Mine doesn't work that way. I have to go back into tickerfactory and sometimes make a whole new ticker because my codes don't pull up the right ticker. Putsy! Just looking for a simpler way...

Jenny

Jenny, I have to go back to tickerfactory too. I saved it in my favorites and there is a button that says Edit/Update Data. Then you put in your pin number and change the miles to reflect your new total and hit the add button next to it. Then I always hit the next button to see the changes that I made. I don't repaste anything in my signature. It automatically updates.

Hope this helps.
  • TATennis
    Options
    Hi! welcome all newcomers :flowerforyou:

Jenny, Ive been doing the same thing, Grrrrrrr

I really worked out tonight with weights. I got 25 minutes In. I looked up some weight routines online & printed them out.

{ all done with Dumbbells}
    Chest: Bench press..... 2 set's 12 rep
    Dumbbell chest fly...2 sets 12 rep
    Triceps: Triceps extensions.......2 sets 12 reps
    Triceps presses......... 2 sets 12 reps
    Biceps Dumbbell curl.........2 sets 12 reps
    hammer curls........ 2 sets 12 reps
    Shoulder Arnold press.........2 sets 12 reps
    front raise / lateral raise & rear lateral raise........... 1 set 12 reps
    upright rows......... 2 sets 12 reps
    BACK dumbbell rows......1 set 12 reps ( that was uncomfortable )
    One - armed row......1 set 12 reps
    back extentions........1 set 12 reps ( That was uncomfortable )
    I found the site under " About.com" http//exercise.about.com
    That will be my new weight lifting routine plus starting tomorrow night I can add the quadriceps & the hamstrings ( LEGS), I'll get the weights tomorrow after 4:30 pm How many times a week I'll do them " I DON"T KNOW" LOL I'll play it day by day.

I have to work hard to get this flab off. :bigsmile:

With the new time change, my morning walk was :grumble: :ohwell: :huh: I HOPE Tomorrow Im back in the grove

Thank Goodness Mondays over :drinker:
  • TATennis
    Options
    Thanks Sandy!

I'll try that next time :bigsmile:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Sandy-Thanks i'll try that tomorrow.
    TATennis- wow great job on your weight lifting routine. You're increasing your minutes too. Feel stronger?
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Walked 2 miles today with Leslie. Snow is melting away and Wisconsin weather is becoming more and more promising for outside walking again. Yippie!

Marie - Glad to hear you are feeling better.

My Prayers are also with Japan!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to walk today or at all this weekend. My darling boy decided to share his respiratory infection with me... and I'm asthmatic... so until my lungs aren't so gimpy - I can't do much, BUT - I'll get there!
    Glad to see everyone had such a productive Monday!!! Keep up the good work!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

And somtimes you need two! I have not been getting enough sleep and have been burning the candle anywhere I could get it to flame. Enough!!!! Exercise first work after.
    See you in the a.m.!