Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - March Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Melissa~ Have fun at your race today! I hope your husband catches lots of delicious fish. I love fish.:smile:

Meag~ Great job on your personal record, and passing the annoying tv personality! :laugh:

emmarie1630~ I agree, life happens. You can do this and you have a great inspiration, your wedding!

So today, I'm having a relaxing day with the family. Hope to do my 30 day shred again, and maybe do a walk/run with the dog. Also, I finally lost a pound! Hopefully I'm breaking my plateau. Have a great Sunday.
  • crystalfaith
    crystalfaith Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I'm so sorry I have seemingly disappeared this past week or so...I've been pretty busy (just started a new job) so that's taking some time to get used to! But I still keep up with you guys everyday, even if im not posting! All you amazing runners are so inspiring! I've never been one of those ppl who could just run and be okay...more like half a mile up the road and coughing and sputtering to a stop haha. Ive had some knee surgery too so at this point, I'm thinking running might not be the best way for me to get my exercise in, but i totally admire you all for being able to do it! :smile:
    AFM -- I've been doing really well with my exercise goal of working out at least 4 times a week - its finally getting to the point where I dont look at it as a CHORE so thats actually really exciting! I've been doing a combo of the Jillian Michaels workouts (30DS, NMTZ, and 6W6PK) and they've so far kept me going! I'm starting a bootcamp in a few weeks that is supposed to be SUPER intense so Im trying to get in the best shape I can before that! Unfortunately I havent lost any weight this week :frown: but hopefully if i just keep doing what im doing ill see results by next week. My own personal victory for this week though: I went on a hike with my husband yesterday - it is the same one that we did together a few months ago, and the first time, i DIED. Like, had to stop every 15 minutes, was breathing like crazy, and pretty much complained the whole way through. But THIS time, I totally rocked it! I only stopped twice and once was more for my hubby :wink: and I felt so energetic the whole time! I know it doesnt seem like a huge deal, but its so great to be able to see myself improving like this. I'm definitely so proud of myself for coming this far already and know that i just need to use this to keep pushing even further! Sorry about being so long-winded here, I guess I had more on my mind than I thought i did. Hope everyone is doing great this weekend! Keep up the good work! :heart:
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    Hey "team"

I'm sneaking away from paper writing to post up my meal plans for today. can't stay long - I have a timer set and I'm supposed to be in my one hour of straight writing right now! (oops)

# 1 - ww egg muffin
    # 2 - apple with almond butter & cinnamon crispy minis
    # 3 - toast & cottage cheese
    # 4 - veggies with spicy hummus
    # 5 - Turkey or salmon burger (I don't have time to cook dinner tonight)
    # 6 - yogurt with berries & dark chocolate covered espresso beans (As I plan on being up well past bed-time finishing this paper)

Happy Sunday everyone. Stupid Daylight Savings!!
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    emmarie-congrats on the big wedding coming up!! With the big day, you can still lose some more lbs, even if its not your goal...just be happy to lose :]

Meag-congrats on the PR! I must have missed a page or a week...didn't know you were running again...so YAY for running!!!!

rachel-great job on the losing, hopefully the plateau is over!

kbell-good luck on your paper!!! I hope you get it done so you get sleep tonight!

crystal-great job on the hike and getting to the gym and meeting your goals...good luck in bootcamp. I did one for 2 weeks and it was great!!! I was sore every single day, but it was such a great experience, I would do it again!

Have a great Sunday everyone! I had a great time skiing yesterday and hope I can go again this coming saturday!

-alexis
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post for me...need to hop in the shower and clean the pig-sty of a house...I had my Corktown 5K today. It was an awesome atmosphere to start with! Tons of drunk people lined the streets cheering everyone on...seas of green from head to toe...JUST PURE AWESOME :laugh:

The best was my time; 26:57!!! :love: yep I ran an 8:38 (or right around there minute pace)...I was pumped!!! That is a new PR and I might have a hard time ever beating it!!! But I sure will give it a try :laugh:

Best was seeing my mom and babies cheering me on at the end...makes it all worth it :heart:

Official time 26:57
    age place: 94/593
    overall: 1369/5384 (I think)

Happy Sunday,
    Melissa:heart:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Meag-good luck on the swim! and glad to see you still trying to take it "normal" if that makes any sense?! lol

Rachel-great job on the loss...I hope that truly is the end of your plateau!

Crystal-awesome to hear about your hike and how much easier it was for you!! Good Luck in boot camp!

Melissa-CONGRATS on your time for the 5K!! I knew you would hit that 8 minute mile range soon!! WTG!

AFM-back to work today(after 11 days off) blah! I hope I see my norm as far as how I lose every week...I def have some making up to do for the past 11 days! I was happy to see that I still worked out for 8 out of 11 of those days...but I was also over on my cals way more than normal for me (4/11 one of them being only by 25 tho) Regardless, I don't think that I did that bad, and I am hoping for a decent loss still! It would be nice to know that I could take a vaca without gaining 10lbs like I used too!!
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm so rubbish at keeping up with everybody, hope you're all doing well :)

I've just been so busy, working 2 jobs and trying to keep to house tidy, gardening, walking the dog etc, I don't have much time to log let alone chat!

I have however lost 2.4 lbs this week - go me! Which makes up for the disappointment of gaining 2 lbs the week before. Heh, at least I'm back on track now :smile:

Yesterday consisted of taking the dog for a walk/jog and TONS of gardening. I worked off plenty of cals though!

Keep it up people, and just in case I don't get chance before then, have a fantastic rest of the month!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I was a little MIA this weekend. Now its Monday and its back to the grind! I am so tired since we lost an hour due to daylight savings time and then I got crappy sleep last night so needless to say my workout was a little lack luster. Any ways, just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello before I get back to the grind of work! Have a great day everyone- check in later!

Megan
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, and happy Monday! :happy:

I have yet another crazy day planned today! :noway: Wishing life would get back to being a little more normal, but it looks like this is going to be the status quo for a bit. Ugh. I was definitely feel a lot of pressure to be in too many places at once this weekend and it ended up making me somewhat miserable. I had a great time with Tyler when we were together but I could tell that he was frustrated with my schedule. I find it pretty unfair, and have told him so. He realizes there is nothing I can do and that my schedule/job/financial situation makes me very unhappy and that his annoyance with it only makes it harder for me to cope, but it can't really be helped. The circumstance is just really ****ty. I ended up barely sleeping at all - ALL weekend - in order to try and fit everything in, which is totally unhealthy and unreasonable. Hoping not to do that anymore.

I also haven't had time for much running or working out lately, which makes me quite cranky and very stressed out. I tried to go to the gym yesterday for a swim, which ended up being about a 15 mins workout since I haven't swam in 10-12 years and it was crazy difficult. I think I definitely need lessons.

Erin/Kbell - Love your food plans! I should *really* do more of that... But for the most part I have no idea what I am eating today so it'll have to start tomorrow :laugh: Hope the paper-writing is going well. Nearly done! :drinker:

Alexis - Thanks girl! I am still off running actually for the most part... The race was just a run out of desperate "need". I am DYING without my running schedule. But my foot is still feeling pretty sh*tty :frown: Where's your update, anyway!? How am I supposed to comment on how awesome you're doing?

NicNac - Awesome loss and great job getting back on track :drinker: Keep it up! Only down (up?) from here! haha

Today's agenda - Laundry/chores. Job apps (due today! eek!! :noway:). And then driving down to Niagara with mi madre for a quick shopping trip in the USA. I am needing some quality mom time for sure. She and I have such a good time together but haven't had anyyy occasion to hang out recently because our schedules are so opposite.

For this week - Hoping to get back to running. I need to get back on my training plan, foot pain be damned! I am tired of feeling lazy and unfocused in my training. I NEED it. It's me time. And it needs to be a priority! I also am committed to making more food at home - I ate a few meals out this week and I hate that. I want to get back to cooking like usual. We made some cajun baked tilapia (couldn't find catfish anywhere) last night and it was great :bigsmile: Super easy too. Will post the recipe when I have time.

Hope everyone has a great Monday - Folks need to get back here and update me so that I can stop worrying about how everyone's doing! :huh: That's right. I said it. Slackers! :laugh:

Miss you ladies. Keep it up! :heart:
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    mkingraham-I am right there with you...hate this daylight savings crap! I could NOT get out of bed this morning!

NicNac-great job on losing 2.4 lbs...always good to have a big drop after a bad week!

melissa-NICE job on the 5k! That was a HUGE 5K race! Wow!

meag-have fun shopping with your mom!

As for me, I was SO excited to see I lost nearly 5 lbs this past week! (I think it was probably closer to 3 because the week before I didn't lose any but the time that I weighed in was right after eating and I had some bulky clothes on...) I was 149.6...so exciting to see the scale back under 150 where it hasn't been for over 2 years. I don't have a lot of time for working out this week due to an AWFUL schedule for the week but I bought tons of healthy food at the store yesterday so I am relying on that to keep me on track this week. Going on a school trip where we will eat at tons of restaurants but in another challenge I am in, this week's challenge is to not eat fried food. Hopefully that challenge will pop into my mind while ordering at restaurants, lol.
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Well the 2 mile run went really well yesterday! Almost bailed on it just wasn't in the mood to do it and didnt think I could do it. But the fiance ended up getting off of work so we trekked over there with my rents. I was so freaked out because it was the first time running since I broke my leg eight years ago and just didnt think I was ready for it.

At one point in the middle of an insane hill I start thinking to myself "WhyTF am I doing this" I HATE running. And then the 1.75 mile marker came and there is the boy taking pictures. I wanted to strangle him and then i wanted to strangle him even more when he started running next to me telling me I could do it... BUT he ran next to me all the way and it really motivated me to speed up and finish. I ended up running the 2 miles in 21:34 which was a 10:47 per mile pace. My goal was to get under 24 minutes since that was what I had been doing my intervals and training at these past few months. So needless to say I was pretty pumped about that. My parents both ran/walked it and did a lot better than they thought they would. So all in all a great day and some great pics!

We are looking at doing a 2mile or 5k for different causes once a month together. I am super excited about this because we all struggle with weight and exercise and I am really happy that they are as motivated and excited as I am... I think we have all caught the running bug. My sister is even going to walk a 5k with us in April which is the most exciting out of everything since she is very overweight as well and hasnt been able to do a lot since she crushed her hip and ankle in a car accident two years ago (I know between the two of us and car accidents we have enough metal in our legs to be bionic women!).

So all in all an exciting day. Now its off to stalk websites to find some good 5ks that registration money goes to supporting causes.

Missed you ladies! :heart:

Cait
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone Happy Monday! I am super tired today because I had a crazzy busy weekend. I ended up being fairly good food wise and I know I burned a ton of calories both saturday night and sunday so I am not worried about the fact that i did not track during those times.

The prom on Saturday was so fun! I got to get all dressed up and dance around it was great. I didn't get home until 1am which was actually 2 and then I had a double brick sunday morning. That was intense, 90 min bike, 30 minute run followed by 60 minute bike 20 minute run. I was so done after that! It felt good to accomplish it but it made me so tired and dazed last night and today. Thank god today is a rest day. We only have this week of build left then we start tapering for Hawaii. I am so excited! I didn't lose 15lbs for hawaii like I originally planned but that is ok. I plan to focus on losing weight when I have more time to focus on that as opposed to training. I do look damn good tho and I need to remember that and not obsess about the number. Today is vegetarian day for me(Monday's are for lent) so I have an interesting lunch planned...I just have to figure out what I am doing for dinner...hmm. Any ideas people?

QOTD- What is your favorite vegetarian meal?? hehe
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and Happy Monday!

Its my weekend, so hopefully I get some much needed cleaning and relaxing in. I got to go skiing this past Saturday, which was only my 3rd time, but it was still awesome. Almost fell for the first time, but did a dynamic amazing save, which I have no idea how I did it. Had a bad week with sugar, since starbucks came out with the petites and they have tons of sugar and I have tasted each of them and I enjoyed a coke at least twice this week. Though today I tried my first yoga class at the new gym, so 2 more classes to meet my March goal and I want to make it a regular practice in my workout schedule. Also something new, I am taking Phlebotomy classes, so that I can have another job and its heath care based until I can get into a nursing. Other than that, still doing the long distance relationship with the fiance and it sucks, but it is also making us stronger. BLAH lol. Also I am planing on another 5k in May, hopefully sooner, but we will see.

Aly- great job on the workouts this past weekend. Hawaii is going to be awesome!!!! And all your training will pay off

melissa-congrats on the 5k and the new PR!!!!

Cait- So proud of you for the 2 mi!!! And your great time!!! Great job on choosing to do some runs once a month for a great cause! That is awesome that they boy ran besides you and cheered you on!!!

Megan- yeah I hear you on the daylight savings time, I had to get up early on Sunday and was hating it the whole time!!!

Meag- Shopping with your mom sounds like a great plan!! Get your sleep, definitely not a good thing! Remember, sometimes you have to say no to some things, esp to get your sleep :smile: Though I say this, I am the worst at saying NO, I always feel bad and just make it work. lol. Good luck on the jobs!! I hope you get a great one!

Nicnac-great job on the lbs lost! Keep up the motivation!! I wish I was good at gardening, or for that matter, that I had a garden. Only in an apt for now, maybe in the future

bstamps- great job on the lbs lost! Good luck on the no fried food, you can do it!

QOTD: My favorite vegetarian meal is tofu parmesan and lentil ricotta meatballs!!
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Everybody is doing so great!!!

I'm keeping up with my goals. I've been to the gym 6 out of 7 days in the past week, I took Saturday for a rest day. I've had so much water to drink that it's not even funny and becoming hard to keep count. Weight is down about 2 lbs, wishing I could shred the last 5 off by the end of the month, but I want to be realistic with myself and will be happy with 2 or 3 more. I can't wait to break back into the 150's!!

Keep up all of the hard work... you are all such an inspiration to me!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Whitney- Great job! 2 lbs down is awesome! You are so close to your first goal I bet you can’t wait to hit that mark and feel really great about yourself. Just think of all the hard work you put in and how great it will be when you hit your goal.

Shelsab- I’ve never been skiing but I hear that its super fun and a great work out so I am very jealous of your weekend. And these lentil ricotta meatballs- please share!

Aly- Holy smokes you work out this weekend sounded really intense. I struggle to run for 30 minutes now without first biking for 90 minutes and following that up with more biking and more running! I have a feeling that you are totally going to rock your race!

Cait- I AM SO FREAKING PROUD OF YOU!!!! I have totally been where you are on not wanting to get up and go to a race, feeling really nervous and just completely doubting myself. I am really gald you did it, and I bet you are too now that you totally killed your goal time! I am nervous about transitioning to running outside and how much I’m going to suck at it once I don’t have a treadmill to keep my pace for me. So impressed by you lady! <3

Bstamps- 5 lbs! Nice work! As long as you are eating the right foods and not letting the stress get to you I’m sure you can keep it up!! And yeah for 140s!!!!

Meag- I love shopping with my mom as well as we live 2 days drive away from each other so I am super jealous of your trip today! HAVE FUN!!! Oh and ps you PR’d this weekend which is totally awesome!!!

Nicnac- Glad to see you back! Keep logging and the 2.4lbs won’t be the last!

TJ- 11 days off! I AM SO JEALOUS! Hubby and I are taking a cruise in September, but until then I won’t have much of a vacation- although we are taking a 4 day weekend in a couple of weeks. I hope you had a great time off and that your transition back into the working world is a smooth one!

Melissa- OMG PR!!! 26:57 is amazing and a 8:38 mile!! You are one serious runner lady and I am so impressed. I know you are super proud of yourself and you should be!!
    That’s it for me for now! I’ll be sure to keep up with you ladies throughout the evening so keep telling me all about your weekends!!

XOXO
    Megan
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

Megan- honestly this may sound crazy but you were partially my motivation. I knew that we had started running at the same time and you have been kicking *kitten* on your runs and I was like "Cait, Megan would be very disappointed if you didnt do this. She has been working so hard if she can do it so can you!" haha so THANK YOU!
    As for transitioning. I am not so great at pacing myself BUT I tend to find the running on the road easier. I may speed up and slow down a bit depending on the hills and whatnot but overall it ends up being a faster pace than what I can keep on the treadmill. So its all good in my mind! dont be afraid its SOOO amazing being outside running. Definitely more motivating for me than the treadmill! You can do it lady you ROCK it!!!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!! Hope everyone had great weekends and are getting a good start to their week.

Melissa - great run!! I couldn't imagine running anywhere close to 2 hours. :noway: And great finish at your race.

emmarie - any weight that you are able to lose before the wedding is a victory. I know that you have a lot going on which probably makes it that much more stressfull so hopefully you can take some time to plan things out. That might make it go a little more smoothly.

Meag - hope you find some good deals today!! I thought about you yesterday when I was shopping at the outlets with my daughter. Was looking for a new sports bra but nothing worth spending my money on.

Crystal - great job on the hike!! I am looking forward to the weather getting nicer and taking my kids out for hikes. I hope to get them enjoying outdoor activities at an early age.

Tara - sounds like you were able to enjoy your time off and not sacrifice your healthy lifestyle. Kudos to you!!

NicNac - great loss!!

Cait - great job on getting out there and finishing the race!! And even better that you did better than the goal that you had set for yourself. And I'm sure it feels great to get your parents and especially your sister involved in that aspect of your life. My mom is anti-exercising and now that she has been on crutches for almost 6 weeks, I know that is not helping her at all.

Aly - your prom sounds so much fun!! I have a wedding this Saturday that feels like prom. I am soooooo looking forward to it.

Alexis - everyday is a BAD sugar day for me. I have such a sweet tooth. Some days I am able to curb it and other days I crave it like there is no tomorrow.

Whitney - great job on the 2 lbs!! Any loss is a victory in my book

Megan - where are you and the hubby cruising to?? For 3 years in a row, I have taken an annual girls cruise to Ensenada. It is soo much fun!

AFM...had a great weekend!! It was probably less than stellar food-wise but I don't think it was too bad either. I guess the scale will tell me on Thursday. Had a friend's bachelorette party on Saturday. We started by going to the spa for a few hours, then dinner, and then dancing at a country bar. We had such a great time. Then my daughter and I went shopping at the outlets. We are now counting down to my friend's wedding which has become the event of the year. But since my boyfriend's suspension at work, he got demoted and will now be working until 7 so he won't be able to make it to the wedding with me. I am super bummed but also trying to not be selfish about the whole thing. I am hoping he will meet up with me at the reception after he gets off of work. But....I took next Tuesday and Wednesday off because my best friend is flying in from Colorado and that also happens to be the bf's new days off of work so it should work out.

Tonight I will start W4 of C25K training. Hoping to kill it but we shall see what happens.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @whitneysaenz - 6 out of 7 days is truly commendable.. disciplined! you have just inspired me to drink more water too. i don't think i drink enough.. but i pee.. so.. much..

@shelsab - i saw the starbucks petites, i really wanted to try one but i was at starbucks in the morning so no free petites! how do you like yoga? long distance is difficult but great to hear you and your fiance are powering through it :D

@lostalykat - take me to hawaii with you! i like googling vegetarian recipes.. not sure how much time you usually spend cooking or what you like to eat! (italian layered casserole (use the tofu filling) - http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2009/05/italian-layered-vegetable-casserole.html)

@finncmh/Cait - great job on all your running accomplishments! so great to have someone motivating you too.

@wardiemelissa - woo on completing the 5K in such great time!

@crystalfaith - i do JM's 30day and also 6W6PK but reallllyyyy sporadically.. i am going to do at least one of them tonight though! i haven't exercised in over a week.

@Rachellynch83 - good to hear that your period is back. everything is back to normal!

sorry if i didn't get to your post, but i always read everyone's posts! at least twice!!!

QOTD - this is difficult since i am vegetarian! mushroom/funghi pasta. and any type of lasagna probably.. and desserts haha.

AFM - i changed my starting weight on my ticker to my highest weight earlier this year (149lbs!). i had over 3000 calories yesterday. it wasn't really an emotional binge.. i was just grazing on junky foods throughout the day. i hate that the day after overeating, your appetite increases! i am so hungry today! i haven't been working out at all so i will try to get something done today (jillian michael's).

i've been feeling kinda needy emotionally/attention-wise lately. i really hate feeling like that and i try not to show anyone but then i start turning to food! ugh! yeah sorry for whining. ugh just hate feeling like this!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    NicNac-life does tend to get in the way sometimes!! just try to get on and at least log your cals and WOs as much as you can...it really does help keep you on track! but awesome job on the loss so far!

Meag-Have fun with Mom and try to stay "de-stressed", life will fall into place for you soon, I am sure :)

bstamps-great loss and good luck on the restaurants!

Cait-I LOVED your post...actually made me "really" smile!! CONGRATS on your 2 miles, your great pace, and getting your family involved...you are TRULY an inspiration to me! :) and great pic btw!

QOTD-fave veg dish-LASAGNA!!

Whitney-great job so far...keep it up!

Megan-I can't wait til my next vaca!! I work 3-12's so when I take 3 days off I get 11!! super sweet and lucky on that I guess! I hope your vaca comes soon...but until then I am sure the 4 day weekend will be awesome!

Bethany-Thanks! and sounds like you had a great weekend, and I wish you the best for Thursday!

AFM-with the month almost half-way done already..I feel like I am doing GREAT on my working out (3298/5000 cals burned so far)...and PRETTY GOOD on my eating. I had a few higher days during my days off, but I am right back on track now and hoping to salvage a loss for this weeks WI afterall?!? *fingers crossed*. other than that, just trying to hang in there...
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Finally feeling good enough to workout again. Got in a long walk after my engagement pictures today. Tomorrow I start back to the hard core workouts.