Make up addicts

Replies

• pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    nolachick - of course I go to Walgreen's and they're out. Phooey! Last time I was there I was on a mission for nail polish, so even though Comfort Zone was there, I didn't get it. And I discovered that even though Rite Aid carries Wet 'n Wild (and currently has a buy one get one 50% off promo), they don't carry the 8-color Icon palettes. Time to make a friend at Walgreen's who can save it for me when it comes in! For your eye primer, have you used Urban Decay Primer Potion? I use the Sin color (shimmery champagne) every day and love it. I also use MAC shade sticks when I need extra pop under the shadows (shark skin is great for that), but I've also heard great things about Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

UmbraForzare - it is like you're going through my makeup case! I'm all about BM and used to love BadGal (just can't always get it 'cause of the price). How's the Eyebright pencil? I know you love it, but is it similar to that other Benefit brightening product that's a creme? I tried that and returned it because it made my eyes actually raccoon more. Like, it drew the mascara and liner down and made me all shadowy.

Candiceg13 - you're not crazy! I've got tons of lip glosses that I've had since high school. All the pros out there say you should toss your stuff after months or years for some products, but we pay good money for these things! I'm not chucking it until it's no longer useful! Now, get to posting your eyeliner pics!

sammybey - Urban Decay 24/7 liner...*drool*...my most favorite black liner ever (at least for waterline lining, which is what I mostly do anyway). Rockstar looks like an amazing color! The closest I have to that is 1999. Oh, have you tried their liquid liner? I have it in Gash and adore it...too bad that color is discontinued. *pout*

All this Smashbox primer talk is making me think about going in and asking for a sample.

Freebie for the day - free Sephora mascara and free express service at JC Penney Sephora locations. Click ---> http://womanfreebies.com/samples-and-trials/sephora-free-mascara-sample/ for the coupon!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    just bought the products for a swap i'm doing on Beauty Broadcast (emilynoel 83's page).
    I hope she likes it - our budge was $20 but I feel like I got a lotta stuff:
    revlon eye shadow quad in black neutrals + bonus black liquid liner
    revlon grow luscious mascara + bonus eyeshadow
    and a cute baby pink nail polish (forgot the brand)

so excited to receive my package next week :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    SUCCESS! I got the Comfort Zone palette! *happy dance* And then I went a little hog wild and also got the 3-palettes in Spoiled Brat and Silent Treatment. Also got Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama (waterproof) and Shine Sensation Tempting Toffee lip gloss (Maybelline was buy one get one 50% at Walgreens).

Now that I got the The Falsies Black Drama home, I'm looking at YouTube and finding not so hot reviews. It looks like you either love it or hate it. Anyone tried it? I'm going to give it a shot and if I don't like it, I'll exchange it for traditional Falsies. The Walgreens checkout gal reminded me that if I don't like the cosmetics that I have 30 days to return it...hanging onto the receipt!
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    i am horribly addicted to makeup.

Urban Decay and MAC are my favorite things in the world.
  • nolachick
    SUCCESS! I got the Comfort Zone palette! *happy dance* And then I went a little hog wild and also got the 3-palettes in Spoiled Brat and Silent Treatment. Also got Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama (waterproof) and Shine Sensation Tempting Toffee lip gloss (Maybelline was buy one get one 50% at Walgreens).

Now that I got the The Falsies Black Drama home, I'm looking at YouTube and finding not so hot reviews. It looks like you either love it or hate it. Anyone tried it? I'm going to give it a shot and if I don't like it, I'll exchange it for traditional Falsies. The Walgreens checkout gal reminded me that if I don't like the cosmetics that I have 30 days to return it...hanging onto the receipt!
    YEY! lemme knw how u like them. Last night i was playing around with the greens on the comfort zone palette. pretty nice and its the first greens that actually show up on my skin tone. yeah baby! i didnt get the 3 pan palettes but heard they are good too.
    wats the diff bw falsies black drama and regular falsies i have falsies and love it but have to usually use in combination with another mascara for more lengthening.
  • pink_and_shiny

YEY! lemme knw how u like them. Last night i was playing around with the greens on the comfort zone palette. pretty nice and its the first greens that actually show up on my skin tone. yeah baby! i didnt get the 3 pan palettes but heard they are good too.
    wats the diff bw falsies black drama and regular falsies i have falsies and love it but have to usually use in combination with another mascara for more lengthening.

I'll definitely report back! And...I honestly don't know what the different is. :huh: I thought Black Drama sounded cooler and it said "new" on the package, so I went for it. I don't know what it advertises that it is able to do. I'll find out when I use it today!

I was using Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion (the purple bottle) and really liked that one.
  • nolachick

I'll definitely report back! And...I honestly don't know what the different is. :huh: I thought Black Drama sounded cooler and it said "new" on the package, so I went for it. I don't know what it advertises that it is able to do. I'll find out when I use it today!

I was using Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion (the purple bottle) and really liked that one.

i've heard a lot about this! Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion - what mascara would u compare it to?
    I only like MB colossal, MB falsies, and am starting to like revlon grow luscious.
    highend mascara's i like lancome definicils and hypnose, clinique great lengths mascara is awesome too!
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member

LOL i love your honesty... I am using good old maybeline great lash waterproof... I have tried SO many...but always go back to this one...ive used it since i started wearing makeup and have never found anything as good. I liked the lash stilletto the first couple times i tried it, but then it started to get clumpy...yuck.
  • Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
    I would love to be a make up addict, but I honestly never really learned how to apply it and I always say I'm going to go to the make up counter and get my make up done, but I've never done it.

Any tips for an aspiring make up addict??? :-)
  • nolachick
    I would love to be a make up addict, but I honestly never really learned how to apply it and I always say I'm going to go to the make up counter and get my make up done, but I've never done it.

YOUTUBE!there are tons of tutorials on how to apply make up - foundation, lip stick, eyeshadows, hair, product recommendations, YOU NAME IT! THEY GOT IT!

I highly recommend emilynoel83 she's my favorite!
  • Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member

YOUTUBE!there are tons of tutorials on how to apply make up - foundation, lip stick, eyeshadows, hair, product recommendations, YOU NAME IT! THEY GOT IT!

I highly recommend emilynoel83 she's my favorite!

Awesome! I'm going to check it out! I also need to get some make up...Sephora seems to be the most popular, huh?
  • nolachick
    sephora is good but pricey (to me anyway) I usually get something i really want or have already tried but they have a good return policy so u cant go wrong. if u can afford it spend it honey!
  • Does anyone have an tips on curling eyelashes? I can get them to curl just right but then about 30-45 minutes later they lost their curl... (been told it's because of putting mascara on after curling. don't want to apply mascara and then curl because it messes them up!)
  • nolachick
    sorry no tips on curling the lashes:s

hey makeup addicts! :heart:

Had a great day today, I returned a bunch of products that I used once and didn't like and while I resisted the urge to buy more make up I bought the MB define-a brow pencil in dark brown and the VS eyeliner + smudger in dark chocolate!(gorgeous brown color) soooo excited to try these out!

also last night i ordered from sephora - the stay put sample set and the high beam liquid? anyone tried this stuff?

oh and part of the things i returned today was the sonia kashuk blush in melon , nice color but i dont like shimmer in a blush and her brown eye shadow, didnt care for it either. thats not to say her products are not good, they usually are, especially her brushes!

hope everyone is having a fabulous Saturday!
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    heygirls!

if you like ELF products, theres some specials right now on their site---
    either a free bronzing powder with any product : ecd3a (sun kissed), ecd3b (warm tan), ecd3c (luminance)
    or 50% BOGO with code ECD4

i got them in my email today :o)
  • sanayhs
    sanayhs Posts: 9
    I can't seem to find a foundation that is light enough for my skin tone. :(

Have you tried Make Up For Ever? They make some lovely pale foundations. The other thing you can do is get white foundation and custom blend your own shade.

nolachick - High beam is beautiful! I have it and I really like it.
  • nolachick

nolachick - High beam is beautiful! I have it and I really like it.

awesome! can't get to get in my order and try everything out :)
  • nolachick
    got my spring fling swap in the mail today (check out Beauty Broadcast on facebook :)

190160_618964882708_45707511_33986538_5268578_n.jpg
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    I am a makeup addict and a youtube makeup guru video watcher as well lol
    I have learned so much from youtube, I have drug store and high end makeup, it all works as long as you know how to apply it :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Nolachick - hmm what would I compare Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion to...well the brush is one of those little rubber spikey ones, which is nice for separating lashes out and getting good coverage. High Beam is nice! I have the sample size of that too. A very little bit goes a long way on this stuff. Your swap haul looks like so much fun! Have you tried the stuff out? Oh and you need to play with the greens on Comfort Zone. I used 'em the other day and I just LOVE all of the colors. The second green down is such a nice color!

lainakerr - I hear 'ya on the Stilletto mascara getting clumpy. And I didn't understand all of the hype over the patent leather shine that was supposed to be a part of the formula...at least my eyelashes didn't seem to pick up on that fancy new feature. I did enjoy the bottle shape, though! And thanks for the E.L.F. codes!

Chrizzle - like others said, set aside a good hour and just search YouTube for tutorials on what you'd like to learn. Of course you can go into a department store or MAC to get your face done by the pros there, but you gotta remember that they are retail people and will try their hardest to make a sale. Like nolachick said, Sephora is great but pricey. If you're going to spend money on one product, I'd say get a great foundation. For eyeshadows and eyeliner, go to your drugstore and get Wet n Wild. Their new 3- and 8-color eyeshadow palettes are phenomenal and cheap! Mascara, drugstore again, and the favorite brand around here is Maybelline.

JNicR - I wish I had some advice on curling for you! I don't curl my lashes. Recent YouTube videos that I was watching said that waterproof mascara helps to hold a curl. So, maybe give that a shot?

ImperfektAngel - I agree with you 99%, that all stuff is good as long as you know how to apply it. I can't stand crazy stubborn eyeshadows with absolutely no color payoff. I have a couple Boots colors that I really should just chuck because I never ever used 'em for that reason.

So, here's my review on the MB Falsies Black Drama Waterproof...I've used it for about four days now and I like it, but there are negativees. The wand is OK. The curvey shape is fine, but it doens't feel heavy enough to me, nor do I feel like it evenly gets all of my lashes like the mini spikes of Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion. The black color is nice. One coat does good coverage, but if you go for a second coat you definitely get clumpage. I should have known better, but I bought the waterproof formula...I shouldn't have done that. Personal preference of mine playing out here, but I've got a facial cleanser/makeup remover in one that I use and I like it to take off all of my makeup. No matter how much I scrub with the cleanser in the shower, I still have to use a couple rounds of eye makeup remover to get the mascara off. I haven't worn any mascara in two days and I'm STILL getting little raccoon smudgies under my eye after the shower brings out pigment I missed before.

BOTTOM LINE - Would I buy MB Falsies Black Drama Waterproof again? No. Would I buy MB Falsies regular? Yes. Am I considering going back to Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion? Definitely.
This discussion has been closed.