Team Challenge! (2/21/11-3/22/11)

Options

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Not to change the subject or anything...but today's Sunday and I'm at my house today for the first timr in weeks! (rather than spending the weeked at Kyle's). I was helping my sister and mom put the favors and invitations together friday night and yesterday, Kyle and I went to see the Monster Truck Jam at the Carrier Dome. So rather than going all the way back to his house, we just stayed here. I happen to have boat loads of data entry type work to finish so that's the perfect reason to keep my self put, and not be tempted by the food/drinks out at Kyles. Also, I didn't regret the 16oz bud light I had at the show anyone once we decided to walk the 2.5 miles back to the car instead of wait in line to take the shuttle!

Also...I obviously noticed the previous posts, but I just want to throw my two cents into the mix, and say maybe we could work it out somehow. This, I thought, was meant to be a friendly challenge, that helps us stick to it due to our partners. I definitely can agree its frusterating to be working super hard and not losing anything/very little, hence I've only lost 3lbs. I also believe that however a person wants to lose their weight should be up to them--I've used diet pills in the past (not RX but still), and I was successful on them. It happened to be slim quick...but honestly, after a few months I realized the pills were a waste of money and not helping in the process at all....HOWEVER, the fact I was utilizing their message boards, and changing my patterns overall DID help, and I successfully kept most of the weight off.

So at the end of the day, maybe we could just remind ourselves that this challenge is meant to be something fun, and it's great to cheer people on, but regardless of who lost weight or how they did it, I also agree it is a touch over the top to rub it in anyones faces.

Thank you for saying it better then I apparently could.
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    i've lost nothing this week. oh well.
  • FitBride080611
    FitBride080611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Eh oh well--sometimes that happens. Especially if you're doing a good amount of weight training you wont see a change because your body composition is changing.

I stayed at home this weekend so I'm excited to be able to weigh in first thing in the am--however...I ended up having a few glasses of wine (which was easily accepted because I've been doing data entry for work on my sunday...)

BTW-- happy day light savings to everyone...granted we lost an hour of sleep, it's 7pm here and STILL LIGHT OUT WOOO!!!!
  • FitBride080611
    Options
    Jacque--you so gave me the idea to make a wedding count down ticker! You rock! Thanks :)
  • Stooooo
    Options
    i've lost nothing this week. oh well.

Sorry you did not lose anything this week. Next week will be better.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I gained 1.6 lbs this week. Im hoping its because TOM came for a visit. Sorry teammates :cry:
  • FitBride080611
    Options
    I also gained...1.4lbs

I'm so getting that discouraged/frusterated feeling because I've been hovering over the same 3 pound window since we started. I've been to the gym every weekday and even walked the 2.5 miles back to my car after the monster truck event. Also, I tried staying home this weekend instead of going to Kyles thinking it'd help me stay on track, which it did, but obviously didnt affect the scale.

At the same time, I don't want to discount myself because I feel better, I know i'm eating and exercising right, my clothes are fitting and looking better so something wants to tell me my composition is changing and hopefully I'm gaining a little muscle mass.

Plus, I'm not trying to looks for excuses, but I am approching TOM so maybe I'm holding some waer

Oh well--just going to keep focused and trying my best :)
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Gained 3 pounds... :ohwell:
  • em511
    em511 Posts: 10
    Options
    i am happy to see the board has calmed down and that my partner has decided to stick with me and stay! like someone said - there is no million dollar prize at the end. i have been doing well just knowing i have someone here to buddy up with and that we are in the same battle together - a battle against ourselves and NOT each other. and if she had really left i am willing to bet i would have given up too.
    and by the way - i gained 1 pound this week....
  • emkess
    emkess Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    163... lost 1 lb. Not much but better than nothing.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Today's Weight: 142.8

Only lost .8 this week but trying to not let it get me down. I've had a few weeks with losing a little more than I'm "supposed to" so I knew it would slow down at some point. Plus, I've had a bad week for not exercising and watching what I'm eating as well.
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Down is better than up on the scale so I'll try and be happy with my one pound loss. :D Last week: 164.6 - this week: 163.6.
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    I gained 1.6 lbs this week. Im hoping its because TOM came for a visit. Sorry teammates :cry:

Darn that TOM anyway! no worries! we'll get 'em next week! :D
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    I am now 224.6 boy am I feeling the burn had to even take it wasy today
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    i am happy to see the board has calmed down and that my partner has decided to stick with me and stay! like someone said - there is no million dollar prize at the end. i have been doing well just knowing i have someone here to buddy up with and that we are in the same battle together - a battle against ourselves and NOT each other. and if she had really left i am willing to bet i would have given up too.

awww em! I'm glad I stayed too. In the end, it doesn't matter how we get there, as long as we get there.
    I did try on a monokini at the store the other day. Nooo bueno. I looked better in it than I would have 6 months ago, so that counts for something, right? lol It may still be a tankini for me this year, but that's ok.

I'm gonna push myself really hard this week. And I probably shouldn't, seeing as that I'm just NOW starting to see the light at the end of this sickness tunnel, but I really want to see where I can be by the time we get to the wedding day. If nothing else, I don't want cheddar cheese arms in my wedding pictures. I may not LOVE my photos, but it beats hating them, right?

Don't stress this week everyone. Seems it was a rough week for us all. We'll get it this week, no worries :)
  • Stooooo
    Options

awww em! I'm glad I stayed too. In the end, it doesn't matter how we get there, as long as we get there.
    I did try on a monokini at the store the other day. Nooo bueno. I looked better in it than I would have 6 months ago, so that counts for something, right? lol It may still be a tankini for me this year, but that's ok.

I'm gonna push myself really hard this week. And I probably shouldn't, seeing as that I'm just NOW starting to see the light at the end of this sickness tunnel, but I really want to see where I can be by the time we get to the wedding day. If nothing else, I don't want cheddar cheese arms in my wedding pictures. I may not LOVE my photos, but it beats hating them, right?

Don't stress this week everyone. Seems it was a rough week for us all. We'll get it this week, no worries :)

Believe it or now I am glad you stayed as well. Like I said I'm just happy that people are taking steps to improve their health.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    I didn't work out as much as much as I usually do combined with not so clean of eating...yet I still managed to eke out a modest loss of -1.2 lbs. My current weight is now 276.8 as of this morning.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I didn't work out as much as much as I usually do combined with not so clean of eating...yet I still managed to eke out a modest loss of -1.2 lbs. My current weight is now 276.8 as of this morning.

Awesome on the loss! You'll hit it harder this week I have no doubt.
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone :)
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oops almost forgot to check in! Down 1 lb current weight 274. Hope everyone has a great week!