Starting P90X!

Options
The wait is over. I am starting P90X tomorrow!!!

Here's were I am right now: I was training for almost 10 months and in the middle of August I fell into slump – I just had to stop and give myself a break. Going through a messy renovation did not help the fact that I was not getting enough rest between the rounds. I will try and take more than just one rest week between rounds. And another lesson learned – stress is a huge factor in my life and I have to actively manage it! I have a few thoughts on that that I hope address in the near future as well.

I don’t think that stopping for a several weeks threw me back in any major way – for the most part I was eating within my maintenance calories and my weight (135-138) stayed the same. But I am getting too cozy with sleeping late and my eating is starting to deteriorate so it is time to get back on a horse!

I just had a conversation with my friend Peg Tyre - check her bestselling book The Trouble with Boys at www.pegtyre.com. She gave me a boost as far as my positive influence on her with fitness, dealing with age-related symptoms and life in general. This is not the first time she tells me that, and but frankly I am dumbstruck when I hear it!!! When I asked her to clarify what exactly she sees in me, she said that what important to her is <span style="font-style:italic;">my life philosophy of thriving to be fit without trying to be a super-woman </span>. I never thought of myself in that light, but I guess I should trust her opinion, because I generally do!

Strangely, I am having trepidation right now because I want to start P90X and I built some image in my head that this is like some sort of major tough race, like a marathon, or something. It is probably not much harder then Slim Series, just a bit different. I know I need to exercise and stay focused, I know I will do it and I know I will be grateful when I complete this challenge and proud of myself and others on this way with me!!!

So, ladies and gentlemen, I'll be honest with you - I am not an energizer bunny. I am planning to ease into the routine, start nice and slow, but then finish it with a bang!

My goals are – to keep building strength, to get as fit as I can and feel in control of my body! I want to know that I’ve done my best to be healthy for myself, my family and the society – because, in the end, each individual's health impacts all of us collectively!

Replies

• JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The wait is over. I am starting P90X tomorrow!!!

Here's were I am right now: I was training for almost 10 months and in the middle of August I fell into slump – I just had to stop and give myself a break. Going through a messy renovation did not help the fact that I was not getting enough rest between the rounds. I will try and take more than just one rest week between rounds. And another lesson learned – stress is a huge factor in my life and I have to actively manage it! I have a few thoughts on that that I hope address in the near future as well.

I don’t think that stopping for a several weeks threw me back in any major way – for the most part I was eating within my maintenance calories and my weight (135-138) stayed the same. But I am getting too cozy with sleeping late and my eating is starting to deteriorate so it is time to get back on a horse!

I just had a conversation with my friend Peg Tyre - check her bestselling book The Trouble with Boys at www.pegtyre.com. She gave me a boost as far as my positive influence on her with fitness, dealing with age-related symptoms and life in general. This is not the first time she tells me that, and but frankly I am dumbstruck when I hear it!!! When I asked her to clarify what exactly she sees in me, she said that what important to her is <span style="font-style:italic;">my life philosophy of thriving to be fit without trying to be a super-woman </span>. I never thought of myself in that light, but I guess I should trust her opinion, because I generally do!

Strangely, I am having trepidation right now because I want to start P90X and I built some image in my head that this is like some sort of major tough race, like a marathon, or something. It is probably not much harder then Slim Series, just a bit different. I know I need to exercise and stay focused, I know I will do it and I know I will be grateful when I complete this challenge and proud of myself and others on this way with me!!!

So, ladies and gentlemen, I'll be honest with you - I am not an energizer bunny. I am planning to ease into the routine, start nice and slow, but then finish it with a bang!

My goals are – to keep building strength, to get as fit as I can and feel in control of my body! I want to know that I’ve done my best to be healthy for myself, my family and the society – because, in the end, each individual's health impacts all of us collectively!
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    Jenny,
    If you like Slim Series, you will love the X.
    There are so many different routines that you won't get bored.
    Yes, they are challenging and maybe you won't be able to do them perfectly at first, you may have to modify...I still do and I have done 2 rounds...
    You will notice when you make improvements and celebrate them.
    As Tony would say "Do your best and forget the rest"!

Have fun with the workouts!

Licia
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Power 90X tomorrow too! I've mastered all the Hip Hop Abs videos and also am ready for more defining results. Let's do this together I'll be dfinetly cheering you on. Are you guys on WOWY? I'm "hotmomov4" so add me as you're Success Buddy! This will be great! Take care and enjoy tomorrow! Kathy
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Thanks, Licia!
    Kathy - how cool, lets' rock it together!!!
    Got to plan my meals right now!
  • imawetod222
    Options
    Good Luck with that! I tried it last year and relized that DONT DO IT UNLESS AYOUR READY haha its way intense!!!

I hope you do well! and would like to know your results!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You can do it! Just one day at a time. Do your best... and forget the rest as Tony Horton says! :wink:

I'm in my 5th round of P90X now and still LOVE it! It's an awesome program. Modify if you need to, but keep pushing play!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Jess
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Thanks, guys!

I decided to do the meal plan option this week. My brain is not working, I guess...I will reset my food profile when it's back to full function!

Now the important thing is to get up on time :laugh:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Jumping in: did my first chest and back today. Boy, I stink at push ups and pull ups!!!!!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    GM

I am IN WOWY - Core Synergistics today!

Later, peeps!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to take your before pics!!! You'll be amazed when you lay your 90 day pics beside them! :flowerforyou:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I'm starting it tonight! I was suppose to start friday, but my friend forgot to bring it with her. so here it comes. took my measurements and a before picture
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    I survived my first X WO!

Got to eat/shower and get myself to work. But I want to give full report later!

See u in a bit!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    GM

I am IN WOWY - Core Synergistics today!

Later, peeps!

Add me to your WOWY buddies, I'm Jessmomof3 there also!

I'll be doing Chest & Back tonight w/ my dh! :wink:

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I survived my first X WO!

Got to eat/shower and get myself to work. But I want to give full report later!

See u in a bit!

Are you doing Classic or Lean? Let us know how you liked the first wo!!

Jess
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Hi, Jess!

first of - let me tell you, I envy you that you do it with you hubby!
    I wish I could get joe into it too!!! but at the time I oush play buttin, he is already flying out the door!

I definetely want to find you in WOWY, but I am hoping to do my WOs in the morning. in the evening there are too many distructions!

I am doing Lean version for now. 1800 cals a day. I know a lot of people have problems with only 1 carb in the phase 1, but from my previous experience I get used to whatever food intake and even forget to "dial up" when time comes. I am planning not to forget such things this time. BTW, do you remember what are the ratio of fat/carb/protein for that phase? I guess I could plaug it into MDB and figure out that way, but if I can "reuse" yours - I won't complain! this week I am going by meal plan, but that will get boring quickly, so I want to do custom mea plans...thanks!!!

My slogan for this round is "Accountability". I want to cound reps, all the measurements, all the pictures, my mood, etc. etc. I really overworked in the last round and I don't want to repeat of that!
    I might even toke more than 1 recovery week if I need to. I want to keep going!!!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi, Jess!

first of - let me tell you, I envy you that you do it with you hubby!
    I wish I could get joe into it too!!! but at the time I oush play buttin, he is already flying out the door!

I definetely want to find you in WOWY, but I am hoping to do my WOs in the morning. in the evening there are too many distructions!

I am doing Lean version for now. 1800 cals a day. I know a lot of people have problems with only 1 carb in the phase 1, but from my previous experience I get used to whatever food intake and even forget to "dial up" when time comes. I am planning not to forget such things this time. BTW, do you remember what are the ratio of fat/carb/protein for that phase? I guess I could plaug it into MDB and figure out that way, but if I can "reuse" yours - I won't complain! this week I am going by meal plan, but that will get boring quickly, so I want to do custom mea plans...thanks!!!

My slogan for this round is "Accountability". I want to cound reps, all the measurements, all the pictures, my mood, etc. etc. I really overworked in the last round and I don't want to repeat of that!
    I might even toke more than 1 recovery week if I need to. I want to keep going!!!!

For Phase 1, the Fat Shredder you should be around 50% protein, 30% carb/ 20% fat.

Just keep at your dh. Mine wasn't interested in joining me either until one day he just said he was ready to do it!!! :smile:

Email me if you have any questions! I usually stick to the portion plan, it's easier than the meal plan for me. I have a family to feed, so I'm all about making it easy!! :wink:

Do you have the worksheets to keep track of your reps? Let me know if you need it! I LOVE looking back and seeing how much stronger I've gotten/ how many more reps I can do now!

Take care!

Jess
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Jennygetsfit:

Welcome to the X world. I see that you did Core Syn so I assume you are doing lean. You will have a blast. When your significant other sees what you look like, bet he will jump in too! I did 3 rounds of the x, one classic, 1 x/x+ hybrid and then started the lean.

515teachand run: Don`t get discouraged at your pushups and pullups. Keep track of your reps,. you will see a big difference a few weeks down the road. I still can barely do one unassisted pullup, but my form is good lol. Actually, I need less assistance now

Best of luck to all the x`ers!

Carol
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Jumping in: did my first chest and back today. Boy, I stink at push ups and pull ups!!!!!

I remember thinking the same thing!! That first Chest & Back is TOUGH! It does get easier and you WILL get stronger!! Keep it up!

Jess
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Thanks, ladies!
    My DH is hopeless.
    For one - I already had pretty good results with SI6., SS and P90.
    He is just too much of a workacholic to commit to something like p90X!!!
    I am the opposite, if I could - fitness is all I wud do, but hey, got to pay the bills, etc.etc...

REGARDING PUSH-UPS: i KNOW my pushups are not strong and I am like : OK with it. I could not wait to get my pushups perfect so I could start start P90X only then!!!
    I waited long enough and feel behind as is :laugh:

So, pushups or not - here I come! :drinker:

That's my attitude for this round! :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

So, pushups or not - here I come! :drinker:

That's my attitude for this round! :smile:

Great attitude, can't wait to hear how successful you are w/ P90X! :drinker: