• Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 2 - rubbish run today :sad:

Shin splits are really bad today.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    W2 D2 finished. Feeling a little under the weather today but once I got going I felt pretty good. But boy was I ssssslllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww!
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    on week 3. not looking forward to going to week 4 but i know i'll get through it. i have a goal to run a 5k in may and i will do it.
  • arg513
    arg513 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm a bit late to the party on this thread, but I started roughly when most of y'all probably did. I mostly use MFP on my phone, but thought I would check out the community, as I am sort of lacking in the kind of support you can only get from people who are suffering...er...exercising right along with you. Just finished W3D2. Trying to get fit again after a surgery, graduate school, a wedding and a house renovation/move. At this point, I'm less "graceful gazelle," and more "lumbering gigantor," but looking forward to being able to run without praying that a power surge will take out my treadmill...

Would love to have some friends!
    Happy Wednesday...
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    W2 D2 finished. Feeling a little under the weather today but once I got going I felt pretty good. But boy was I ssssslllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww!

W2D2 for me also. It was more difficult today than it has been because I did lower body strength training yesterday and my hamstrings are super sore. But I felt great when I was done. And I'm slow too. I walk at 3 mph and run at 5 mph.
  • getfitgirl1
    Options
    i'm a firm believer in couch to 5k. i did it myself and have shared it with several people. it's a great plan. the pace is good, but don't fret if you can't keep up. i remember having to do some weeks more than once until i built up my stamina. i started c25k last january, completed my first 5k last may and just ran my first half marathon a few weeks ago! hang in there, and it's addictive!
  • babyprincess13
    Options
    i just completed week one and my first day tired me out as well but by the time u do the 3rd run for week one u will see u can go on for longer.
    i havent been able to start week two yet due to health issues but i plan to start it some time this week.all the best and keep at it....we can do this:-)
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Just finished W2 D2 not bad, my knee is starting to get sore though. Been icing/heating it so hope it heals up quick.
  • wanderingpilgrim
    wanderingpilgrim Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just wondering how everyone is doing? I've been running 3 times a week. Not following C25K like originally planned, just running 4 km's straight each time. It's exciting for me!

Two nights ago after a run, my husband looked at my face as I stumbled in. There I was, huffing a puffing- sweat pouring down my forehead, removing the cotton from my ears, pulling off my mittens (-1'C) ...but, I was jubilant because I had shaved some time of my previous run. He says to me; "You're just lovin' this, aren't you??"

YUP!!:love:
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I started a 6 week version 2 weeks ago as I am a pretty active walker on the treadmill. Tomorrow morning I am up to walk 1.5 miles, run 10 minutes, walk 5-7minutes, run 10 minutes, walk 5-7 minutes, and cool down. This will be another challenge because I work tonight and had class all day. No excuses though that is how I became so out of shape. I signed up for the merrell down and dirty 5k mud run april 17th with a few friends and am training with this. I don't think I will be able to run the whole thing based on the hills, but it is a challenge. The less I train, the more miserable I will be and the more I train, the stronger I will be. My goal is to complete it, and my backup plan is my friends dragging me. I am thinking about adding in the 30 day shred dvd I bought but am not sure how my legs will hold up. Good luck!
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Finished W2 D3 last night. Felt good, knee is much better now. Shin splints are starting to kick in, but I just need to remember to stretch and I should be ok.
  • Bubs05
    Options
    W3 D1 done. Thought I was gonna die...then it was over :)
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    W3 D1 done. Thought I was gonna die...then it was over :)

Haha! I just did W3 D1 this morning.... felt the same way. Felt good to power through it though. Keep it up!!
  • Eviesmum
    Options
    I did week 4 day 1 today. I was really nervous about it too - run 3minutes, walk 90seconds, run 5minutes, walk 3minutes. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting either which is always good. I felt confident I could actually run a bit further as well, so the rest of the week doesn't seem as daunting.

I suffered with shin splints too during week 3. Seems ok now though. Maybe I was overdoing it at the beginning of that week.
  • Bubs05
    Options
    W3 D2 in the bag. Felt a little easier than the other day. I wish the weather had been a little better, but what's a little cold, misty, rainy crap :) Onward!
  • Eviesmum
    Options
    W4 D2 finished. I'm finding it ok and not suffering with shin splints, but blisters are a bit of a pain. Thankfully here the weather has been fab for about 3 weeks (enough time for me to become enthusiastic about actually running outside). :wink:

I keep looking at Week 5 wondering how on earth you are supposed to go from 5mins to 20 mins :noway:
  • wanderingpilgrim
    wanderingpilgrim Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    W4 D2 finished. I'm finding it ok and not suffering with shin splints, but blisters are a bit of a pain. Thankfully here the weather has been fab for about 3 weeks (enough time for me to become enthusiastic about actually running outside). :wink:

I keep looking at Week 5 wondering how on earth you are supposed to go from 5mins to 20 mins :noway:

How are your blisters? I found something ultra cheap that's been helping me... or are yours gone now?
  • Eviesmum
    Options
    No still getting them - I think its because I'm running every other day they don't get a chance to heal really.

What are you using?
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Just finished Week 3 Day 3 and going strong. I've also started swimming this week too, changing it up on the off days.
  • Eviesmum
    Options
    Finished week 4 today - not so bad :-)

How is everyone else doing?