New Round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me! Cont'd....

Options

Replies

• MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I started phase 3 today, so today was cheat & back + arx. I was able to do minimum 5 more push ups today then I did at the Last time I did the work out (week 3)
    Switching my rest day from Sunday to Tuesday. We will see if that helps with my bowling on Tuesday. Took my end of Phase two pics today. I'm pretty happy with the results so far.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Sorry I went MIA for the weekend, but it's so much easier for me to check in during work. I woke up a little late this morning, and wasn't sure if I could fit my whole workout in (Chest/Back/ARX). Instead of hitting snooze, I got up and did it. I feel so great after these workouts, that I actually want to get up and bring it - even after my 1 year old waking me up twice during the night last night. Hope everyone else has a great Monday!
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    subbing zumba and abs for the cardio X today - I feel good this morning, so hoping for an awesome workout!

Bob - I am sure the measurements are off, does she do measure three times each time? I find that helps - go through all of the measurements once, then do them all again, and then once more and take the average -

Oh - and my name is Michele - my incongnito name is erniemj - I think its funny because there is another michele with one "l" on here!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Today was kenpo. Never thought i could make it through the whole thing. I am still sore from legs and back yesterday.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Skipping my recovery week since i eased into P90X and instead going to redo Phase 1 again.
    I also re-scheduled the program to hopefully fit slightly better with my runs.

Today is Legs and Back (and not sure how this is going to go because my legs are still sore from the 9 miler yesterday) but my plan is do at least half of it... and then going to try Ab Ripper for the first time ever.

Can someone describe that you to me ... is there a half way point I can stop it at.... or should I just go for it!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I kind of went MIA for a few days there! Last week was recovery from phase 1 for me and it started out with a bang but ended with a whimper! I was doing the workouts just fine but about Thursday I tweaked by back. Fortunately it was after my workout so I did one every day up to that point. I had to take Fri-Sun off and take it a bit easy and the good news is today I'm feeling almost normal. I helped someone move yesterday though and was carrying some larger/heavy things and noticed how much stronger I feel! (Yes, I was careful of my back. It's kind of a low back/sciatic hip pain thing).

Today was day one of phase 2 and I can't believe I'm here! I did my Chest, Shoulders, Triceps +ARX already today and have TKD tonight so I'm off to a good start! Back is feeling good but I will be careful in TKD tonight. Tomorrow is picture and measurement day! I don't know what kind of numbers will come back but when I started P90X I was squeezing into size 14's with breathing being a luxury. I'm sitting here typing wearing a pair of size 12's comfortably! They are a little stretchy so that helps but still! :)
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Skipping my recovery week since i eased into P90X and instead going to redo Phase 1 again.
    I also re-scheduled the program to hopefully fit slightly better with my runs.

Today is Legs and Back (and not sure how this is going to go because my legs are still sore from the 9 miler yesterday) but my plan is do at least half of it... and then going to try Ab Ripper for the first time ever.

Can someone describe that you to me ... is there a half way point I can stop it at.... or should I just go for it!

Go for it!! Take breaks if you need them. That's what I did the first few times. And, I couldn't do the"bonus" Mason Twists at the end, so I stopped a little early. Same as the other workouts - if you push hard, you'll notice yourself getting stronger and making it further each time. Have fun!!

@knittnponder: Awesome work making it to Phase 2. I'm on week 3, and am really looking forward to Phase 2 (I can't seem to finish a 30-day block of planned workouts... I only made it 27 days in the 30 Day Shred before moving to P90X). Isn't it an amazing feeling when you see the difference in your clothes? Scale readings and measurement changes are nice, but the proof is right there in your wardrobe. Keep it up! :)
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Today starts Recovery Week. I haven't even looked at the schedule, but I think it's Core Syn. I've heard good things about it, so I'm looking forward to it. Also excited to have a whole week of cardio!

And I am proud to say that I did the WHOLE yoga dvd yesterday. Finally! Wasn't as boring as I thought, but it really helped doing it with my husband. He said the same thing. So we may try it together once a week or so. My back was totally screwed up, but today it feels alright. Is yoga supposed to be good for bad backs? Anyway, in 90 min I burned less than 180 calories. Just isn't a burn for me, so I think it will be rest day exercise instead.

Good job everyone! Keep bringing it! I am so anxious to take measurements at the end of this week!!!

liz
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is picture and measurement day! I don't know what kind of numbers will come back but when I started P90X I was squeezing into size 14's with breathing being a luxury. I'm sitting here typing wearing a pair of size 12's comfortably! They are a little stretchy so that helps but still! :)

knittnponder - that's great news, you really put in the work.

Lizard9800 - we're in recovery week too. Many people like Core Syn, it's one of my favorite X workouts.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Well, this is the start of week 3 for me! Earlier today, I did Turbo Fire 30 and now, I just got done with Chest & Back & abs and my chest muscles are literally quivering! lol I love that feeling! That's when you know you had a good workout! Done with my recovery drink! I cranked out 3-5 more reps on everything and upped my weight on heavy pants too! Love that feeling when your body is getting stronger!

liz: Woo hoo! Recovery week! Core Syn is definately an intense workout! I'm looking forward to it, it's been a while! I have a bit of a bad back too and some of the yoga moves don't agree with it so much but then others feel like heaven! Can't wait to hear about your results!

Fran: Take it easy with your back; glad to hear you're doing a bit better. It's better to listen to your body then push through and get injured, then you're really out of the game and nobody wants that! I can't believe you're already in phase II either! Woo hoo! Time flies! Keep bringing it girl!

emma: I think you're doing the right thing by starting phase I again; seeing what you were saying to me before, sounds like the right thing to do for you. I don't know that there's necessarily a "good" stopping point in legs & back since all the moves are different and meant to work a different area; maybe try doing the whole thing but not doing as many reps? Just a thought.

Hello to all the other X'ers out there! I know you guys are bringing it! Let's keep this thing going and bring it!!!! Like Tony say, just show up and push play! Have a great evening all! See ya tomorrow!

Deb
  • kimmi12
    kimmi12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Finished week 5 yesterday. Had a much needed rest day today and am now ready to start into week 6. Time flies when you're having fun!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    subbing zumba and abs for the cardio X today - I feel good this morning, so hoping for an awesome workout!

Bob - I am sure the measurements are off, does she do measure three times each time? I find that helps - go through all of the measurements once, then do them all again, and then once more and take the average -

Oh - and my name is Michele - my incongnito name is erniemj - I think its funny because there is another michele with one "l" on here!

Measured once only. Will have her measure three times each on day 60...good idea. Thanks, Michelle.
  • reepobob
    Options
    Did Core Synergistics for the fifth time today (it is a staple in P90X Lean) and tried lowering my weights and focused on form and proper core engagement and had the best workout yet...my advice to those just doing CS, don't be a hero with the weights and the workout will be much better. If you get too heavy, you think more about lugging the iron then focusing on the intent of the workout which is strengthening the core muscles (although you feel this workout everywhere). It only took me five rounds to figure it out (I am dense sometimes).

Cardio-X tomorrow morning and then hitting the road until the weekend...

Good job everybody!
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Hello all u P90X-ers! So glad I found this thread and hope its alright if I jump on board with all of u hard workers! My husband and I are currently on wk 3 phase 1 and feel good about it but we also have those moments during the workouts when we honestly think our limbs are going to fall off! :wink: Today was Shoulders and Back and of course the wonderful :noway: Ab Ripper X. I have a love/hate relationship with these dvds haha. My favorite is Kenpo X! Always look forward to doing that one! Feel free to send me friend requests, its great motivation seeing sooooo many people doing (and loving) P90X!
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelnurse! I just jumped in, so I am sure its okay for you too! ddavies (the thread starter), myself and you are all on week 3 of phase 1 - I have shoulders and arms today with ab ripper X also! - I can't quite make it through all of ab ripper - I do it all, but not as many reps as Tony and his pals do - but I will get there!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Today is the mother!!!!! Plyo X baby!!!! My fiance has a late meeting so I'm hoping that he still has the energy to do it later on but he's going to call me and let me know whether or not to wait for him and knowing him, he won't call until really later! Soooo.....I think I'm just going to do it! As much as I love working out with him, I don't want to chance it and him not have the energy. He's been having a rough week so far at work and it's only Tuesday. It's so hard to try and keep him positive and focused here at home when he comes home from having a bad day, ya know? He's doing so good and I don't want to bug him about working out. Ugghhhh.........life! lol

Kimmi: Wow! Week 5 already! Bring it girl! Are you taking pics and measurements?!!! Hope so!!!

Michelle: Keep up the good work girl, when you do get all the way through ARX, it will be a glorious day! I remember when I first made it all the way through! I gave the biggest Woo hoo!!!!! Seriously, though, I did and you will too!

Kelnurse: Welcome aboard, glad to have another X'er join in! The more, the marrier! Love to see that you're doing it with your hubby too! Don't worry, this is my 4th round of the X and I still have those limb falling off days! lol In fact, I just had one yesterday with Chest & Back! Muscles were quivering! Like Michelle said, we're on the same week. Keep pushing that play button and those results will follow! I look forward to hearing about your experience!

Well, just wanted to make a quick morning check in! I think I'm going to go about my normal routine and energize up with some Shakeology and then dive into Plyo! Make it a great day everyone! See ya later!

Deb
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my firsy Core Syn day. Have to say that I wasn't a huge fan.
    I liked the leg work, but a lot of the floor moves can really tweak a bad back (such as myself). I had to modify.
    And somehow - maybe walking pushups - I did something to my right wrist. It hurts so bad I am wondering if I tore something or have a hairline fracture. If it hasn't improved by tomorrow I will have to call a doctor. Ugh!
    So I'm guessing Kenpo is out today... maybe stretch instead after a bike ride.
    Oh well. Getting old is the pits! Thank goodness it's recovery week!
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    In Phase 2 week 2. Did Core last night and noticed I did so much better than normal. Really brought it on all the pushups and other floor work as those tend to be the hardest! Still can't get anywhere near those crazy Chatarunga Runs/Isos!!! Cardio X tongiht which is a fave of mine since it mixes so many of the other programs. Excited to be half way through Phase 2 already :)
  • reepobob
    Options
    Yesterday was my firsy Core Syn day. Have to say that I wasn't a huge fan.
    I liked the leg work, but a lot of the floor moves can really tweak a bad back (such as myself). I had to modify.
    And somehow - maybe walking pushups - I did something to my right wrist. It hurts so bad I am wondering if I tore something or have a hairline fracture. If it hasn't improved by tomorrow I will have to call a doctor. Ugh!
    So I'm guessing Kenpo is out today... maybe stretch instead after a bike ride.
    Oh well. Getting old is the pits! Thank goodness it's recovery week!

Yeah, Core Synergistics can be tough...I agree on the floor exercises as I have had back issues in the past. I find that if I keep up on the Yoga-X, I do better on the core/ab workouts. I tend to pause the remote and do the spinal stretches a little longer than Tony does them. Just a thought...

Good luck and I hope you are OK...
  • reepobob
    Options
    In Phase 2 week 2. Did Core last night and noticed I did so much better than normal. Really brought it on all the pushups and other floor work as those tend to be the hardest! Still can't get anywhere near those crazy Chatarunga Runs/Isos!!! Cardio X tongiht which is a fave of mine since it mixes so many of the other programs. Excited to be half way through Phase 2 already :)

Good job! I had a good CS workout as well yesterday. I don't get into Chatarunga Run...I stay in plank. I simply do not have the hip flexibility to get that low (yet). I do the ISOs in the bonus round on my toes until I start running out of gas and then drop to the knees. When Tony goes back to plank, I get back on my toes and try to stay on my toes for the Chat ISO (until I run out of gas again). By that point in the workout, I am pretty gassed, but I try to do what I can so I can feel the sense of accomplishment when I can actually do them properly. Great job!