The most common mistake women make!

Options

Replies

• MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    Wow you apoligised and critisized at the same time. If you'd like to "educate the public" then get a degree in nutrition and become a certified trainer. On here you are just somebody else trying to make sense of what is right for you. Everybody is different.
    If you go offended then I am sorry, you took it personally and it was not intended as an attack it was intended to be an eye opener, which usually means that you are or have made these mistakes and are not ready to admit it.. I am not out to criticize or put anyone down I am out to educate people. What you should be offended by is society as a whole who through misinformation has done more harm to us as a whole.
  • MSDRIZZ
    Options
    Then give the people who added you the benefit of your "wisdom".
  • TinaHall1228
    Options
    Newfiedan , no matter what you do and how you do it , haters are every where lol shake 'em off , :o)
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    I thought the post was very informative and NOT offensive at all! I enjoy any and all information that will help me to do things in a better way and do it right! I found nothing offensive about it whether it was written by a man or a woman!

Agreed!!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    lol, let the fur fly, I have a thick enough emotional skin to not get offended.
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    Then give the people who added you the benefit of your "wisdom".
    I have as I will continue to do so.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I started my journey by rounding my BMR up to the nearest 100. Every 10 pounds lost, I redid my BMR and lower my calorie goal. It is only for the last 10 pounds that I am at 1200 calories a day.

I think your advise is pretty right on. Good post.

Jeannie
  • MSDRIZZ
    Options
    Agreed, too many people come on here acting like experts just because they lost a few pounds.
    Why is it such a problem that this post was written by a man? I was thinking the exact same thing -- would you have been as offended if I had written the post as a woman? It's true. When men want to lose weight, many of them want to build muscle, so they go that route, where women just want to lose weight, period. Of course it's not true for ALL men and ALL women, but it is a noticeable trend. I notice a lot more of my female MFP friends working out too hard and not eating enough, where most of my male MFP friends are more balanced about it. It's not because they're smarter or anything, it's just because we have different viewpoints -- men want to be beefy and strong, where women want to look like slender supermodels without bulking up. So the men do strength training and eat more, and the women do cardio all day and eat less. It's pretty common around here.

Lay off the guy. He's not wrong.

It's not the fact that it was written by a man, its that the post is so sexist. If a woman had written it I would have been just as offended. He has some good points its just a shame that its laced with sexist remarks!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    This is the reason chivalry is dead people.

Chivalry is dead people? I've looked in every dictionary I can find, and nowhere could I find a definition like that! :laugh:
  • rocky03
    rocky03 Posts: 55
    Options
    not offended :happy:
  • Zerita1
    Zerita1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The remarks were not sexist they are actually dead on.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Chivalry is dead people? I've looked in every dictionary I can find, and nowhere could I find a definition like that! :laugh:

Lol..it's the not very well known definition of chivalry.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    I am the first to admit that I am no expert, I simply offered an observation. I even state that when people request to add me as a friend for my advice and I promote self education and seeking out the experts.
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Not offended - I think tho that men can eat more as a rule due to overall metablism and size and hormones. Best way is to average a slow and steady weight loss, and that varies person to person. Main thing - go DOWN not UP in weight, eat healthy, and exercise. Not a difficult theory, just sometimes hard to stay on track with a balance of both food and exercise. You can't do one without the other, or so I think.
    Not offended at all.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options

Lol..it's the not very well known definition of chivalry.

And it gave me a much-needed grin this morning. Thank you. :happy:
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Thank you for this information. I understand what you are trying to tell us without being offended.
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The THRUTH speaks out loud!! thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • MahalaDavis
    MahalaDavis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    *snorts*
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I do not get the sexist comment at all, nor can I see why anyone is offended. Advice is advice and if someone has some valuable information how does the gender of that person factor in to it? I certainly saw myself in that post and had to take a minute and realize that I may be going about this whole process the wrong way, so thank you to Newfiedan, I needed to hear this!
This discussion has been closed.