6-week challenge: Spring into Fitness

Options

Replies

• oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    the weight watchers veggie soups can be found at: http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=47881&sc=3026
    Our favorite is the mexican soup. We make it a little bit spicier and add a couple of tablespoons of non-fat greek yogurt when we serve it to it to make it creamy and delicious. You can eat more than 2 cups of this soup for under 100 cals!

Here's how I make the egg white cups:
    I lightly sautee combinations of my favorite veggies (shrooms, peppers - bell and spicy, onion, garlic, spinach, whatever). Spray muffin tins with canola spray. Pour in egg white with each cup about 1/2 full. Scoop a little of the veggie mix into each cup. You can also add canadian baon, cheese, turkey bacon, etc, if you like (just make sure they're cooked before they go in). Put in about 350 degree oven for 15 mins or so, basically until it looks like the egg whites are done and no longer liquid. You can eat 2-3 of these and be well under 200 cals for breakfast. I particularly like to put them on 100 calorie sandwich rounds and make a tasty egg sandwich. Store them in the fridge in a closed container and just pop them in the microwave for a minute or less to heat in the morning. Fast, low cal and super healthy breakfast that's even faster than "instant" oatmeal! I will make enough on sunday to get me through a whole work week.
  • jackswife1207
    jackswife1207 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm behind this week! Just got caught up. I have a feeling I'll be behind on the 500 cal per day because things are crazy busy this week! I will be getting in some form of exercise though which is more than I have been lately with the crazy last couple of weeks!

Colors for today:
    Breakfast-tans and browns
    Lunch-red, green, yellow
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just poppin in for a quick sec with a weigh in

SW: 203.2
    CW: 200.0 Whoop Whooop!!

:laugh:

@ Leslie - ooooohhhh....only 1lb away from being in Onederland! Nice job; keep up the good work!
  • jamboree1006
    jamboree1006 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ok. I know I am a week late to this challenge, but I've been off the wagon for six months.I've got a long list of excuses, but i choose to cast them down. So, in one month, give or take a few days, I choose to lose
    SW178.8
    CW178.8
    by April 25> 160
    by May 25> 148
    by June 25> 135
    GW 135.0
    What do you think,people, can it be done?
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Walked for 47 minutes, and spent 35 minutes on yard work for 526 calories burned. I'm definitely getting all my colors in my meals today.

Olivia, I'm revising my goal weight for this challenge to 185.
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    thanks olivia

i burned 900 and something (tried jogging outside for the 1st time 15 mins on and of walking jogging) WOW jogging outside is hard my heart rate went right up to working at 84% injurance. i plan on, try to, do it two three times a week we'll see. im probs going to have a shred break tomorrow as i have a long afternoon walk planed and may be out in the evening. ill see how it goes
    on the food side great i had a prawn salad for breakfast and lunch.
    Pink prawns
    Red tomatos
    Green lettuce
    Orange carrot
    Cream pasta

and for dinner i had a lamb steak mix roasted veg and mini baked potatos and gravy (yum)
    Gray lamb
    Brown/cream potatos gravy
    Yellow sweetcorn
    Red pepper
    Orange carrot
    Cream parsnip
    White onion

really loving this challange think ill need to go shopping again before the end of the week :)
  • oliviawink
    Options
    Walked for 47 minutes, and spent 35 minutes on yard work for 526 calories burned. I'm definitely getting all my colors in my meals today.

Olivia, I'm revising my goal weight for this challenge to 185.

gotcha down for that singer. at the rate you're going I'm sure you're going to hit it. On this challenge, when we get to the end I'm going to post SW, GW and End weight, so we can see how everyone did. Go for gold!
  • oliviawink
    Options
    I think everyone has weighed-in that's going to, so let's see how we did....
    Here's what I have:
    2010dutchess
    SEStack -0.8
    downby15 -1
    hnason 0
    findngme -1.5
    chickadee2010 -2.2
    ceejay000 0.5
    debcarv -1
    hellsbells417 -2.6
    cutemommy88 -2
    kylakesgal -1
    jessicamarie81 0
    oliviawink -2
    kcthatsme -3.6
    jamboree1006
    norcalbeezy -3.8
    sakenne -2.5
    roselynsy -2
    gorgeousgunner -2
    lareishaH 0
    sheilabennett 0
    unodiamante -0.6
    singer201 -3.8
    c100700 -2.8
    leslieroyale -3.2
    onemoretime13 0
    stefv86 0
    lunarokra -0.6
    kris1085 -1.5
    egyptian mushroom 0
    aab1 -5
    jinkies54 0
    sueceeq -1.8
    ngory07 -5
    nikki8marie 0

total loss for 34 women: 51.8
    Great work everyone! If I missed someone, I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional. Just let me know and I'll add you (sometimes I miss people on the message board cause there's a lot to go through.
    Looking forward to seeing big successes next week with our 3500 cals burned!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I had fun getting all my colors in for dinner tonight :).

Brown- whole wheat bread
    White- cheese, turkey
    Red- tomatoes
    Orange- carrots
    Green- celery
    Purple- grapes
  • oliviawink
    Options
    got my colors is:
    breakfast:
    white: egg whites, low fat cheese
    red: red pepper
    yellow: yellow onion,
    brown: sandwich round, shrooms
    green: spinach and cilantro

lunch:
    brown: chicken-chile tostada meat, tortilla
    red: tomatoes
    green: lettuce, jalepeno, avocado
    yellow: yellow pepper, corn
    white: milk

dinner:
    white: jicama, tilapia, yogurt sauce
    green: cabbage, cilantro
    red: red onion
    orange: sweet potato
    yellow: yellow pepper

Almost all my workout in, just need another 150 cals burned or so. will do another 45 minutes tonite and today's challenges will be met!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Got my colors in today:

Breakfast:
    white- egg
    yellow- cheese
    brown- english muffin
    brown- turkey sausage
    blue- blueberries

Lunch
    red- bell pepper
    green- avocado
    white and red- crab
    white- rice
    brown- sesame seeds
    orange- carrot
    white and pink- shrimp

Supper:
    yellow- corn
    white- potato
    white- tilapia
    red- bell peppers
    green- jalapenos

Burned my 500 calories doing XBOX Fitness game with cardio boxing, personal training, and virtual smash, did 2 miles with Leslie Sansone, and vacuumed the whole house, even got out the attachments...lol, did 3 loads of laundry, and did dishes...plus have been running around with my three year old outside...I'd say I burned more than 500!

Loving this challenge week!!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome!
    I'm having a little issue with the colors, because I'm eating really low carbs but for lunch I hit it.
    Bkfst I always have two hb eggs and my coffee...not very colorful
    Dinner always have a meat and veg (sometimes colorful, sometimes not)
    Either way, I'm hitting the gym, eating well and here to keep cheering you all on as well!!!

WOOHOO!! You guys are doing awesome. Hope my next weigh in I see a little dip though inches are my primary goal!!!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    chickadee2010 checking in for today
    1. Accumulate 500-ish calories burned daily 2/7
    2. Food colors 0/7

Calorie burned total: 1027/3500
    Food colors I've ate today: yellow, white, red, green, red, purple, black, white, brown, red, green, white, yellow, white, brown, black. I did get all my colors in for dinner, but I've yet to go a whole day. I'm hoping I accomplish it by the end of this week's challenge.
  • EmRN06
    EmRN06 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ugh... Sorry everyone, I completely forgot that weigh-in was yesterday! Well, good news - I went down a little, but not much.

SW 180.2 (at the beginning of the challenge)
    CW 179.9
    GW 172

I'm happy with that though, and excited about this week's challenge. Good luck everyone!
  • aab1
    Options
    Week 2 / Day 2
    Exercise - 1039 for total of 2337/ 3500 (cycle, 30DS)
    Food - I'm not hitting 5 colors/meal yet but I really am trying!
    Breakfast -
    light brown - milk
    light green - grapes
    white - chicken breast
    brown - crispbread & peanut butter
    Lunch -
    white - chicken breast
    red - tomato
    dark green - lettuce
    yellow - pineapple
    light green - melondew
    Dinner
    white - chicken breast
    dark red - red cabbage
    white - cheese
    light brown - tortilla
  • aab1
    Options
    total loss for 34 women: 51.8 plus EmRN06 -0.3 = 52.1

What an amazing job we all did! 52.1lbs in only 1 week. Congratulations to everyone - no matter how big or small your weight change - we all did an amazing job of staying committed! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Something in my brain is changing with the weight loss and healthy food plan. On Sunday, I fully intended to have a "spike day" and eat more than my net calories, and I found I just didn't want to or feel like doing it. Today, we had a class at work and our supervisor always brings lots of mini-candy bars, but I just pushed them onto the other table and didn't feel deprived about not eating any (I really AM a candy/chocolate hound!). I guess getting to a healthy weight finally means more to me than the temporary pleasure of foods that would derail that.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'm reposting mine because I got in some more calories burned. I was in a great, amazing, lovely mood so I went and treadmilled again. Worked up quite a sweat, too.

chickadee2010 checking in for today
    1. Accumulate 500-ish calories burned daily 2/7
    2. Food colors 0/7

Calorie burned total: 1157/3500
    Food colors I've ate today: yellow, white, red, green, red, purple, black, white, brown, red, green, white, yellow, white, brown, black. I did get all my colors in for dinner, but I've yet to go a whole day. I'm hoping I accomplish it by the end of this week's challenge.
  • oliviawink
    Options
    total loss for 34 women: 51.8 plus EmRN06 -0.3 = 52.1

What an amazing job we all did! 52.1lbs in only 1 week. Congratulations to everyone - no matter how big or small your weight change - we all did an amazing job of staying committed! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou: :heart:

That's 1.5 lbs each. Not too shabby. Let's see if we can match this number this week. so many are an inspiration to me today: chickadee putting in the extra burn tonite; singer finding her outlook on food more positive in many ways; aab being over 1/2 way to her 3500 calories in 2 days. Shout out - rock on ladies!
  • lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    I burned 971 calories swimming for an hour and 40 minutes. I was going for 1000, but I'm close enough.

Total calorie burn: 1971/3500

I guess I was a little confused about the color theme. I thought it was just for fruits and veggies. Now I realize it's colors in general. Here are my colors for today:

Breakfast:
    Brown - Kashi TLC Honey Almond Flax Granola Bar

Lunch:
    Brown - Wheat Thins Reduced Fat Crackers
    Pink - Laughing Cow Light Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Wedge
    White - Fage 0% Greek Yogurt Cherry W/ Goji Berries
    Orange - Carrots
    Red - Sabra Sun Dried Tomato Hummus

Dinner:
    Brown - Flatout! Whole Wheat Flat Bread
    White - Chicken Deli Slices
    Yellow - Muenster Cheese