Thanksgiving Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    Who isn't in!? lol
    Alrighty I'd love lose 10 lbs by Thanksgiving, but I'll give myself a little leeway because I've been at a plateau for a month now! :( So here's my goals...

Height: 5'2 (Medium Build)

Starting: 178 (Size 16)
    Current: 140 (size 6-8)
    Halloween: 138
    Thanksgiving: 133
    Christmas: 128
    New Years: 125 <---*GOAL WEIGHT*
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm in...with Halloween candy and fall pies and treats coming, I'm going to need some accountability to keep me on track.

Current weight :flowerforyou: (first time I am actually posting this number) 303 :grumble:
    Thanksgiving goal weight :flowerforyou: 288 (15 pounds lost)
    Stretch Thanksgiving goal weight :flowerforyou: 283 (20 pounds lost)

Weighed in today and I am at 300...I am so excited. I have lost 40 pounds (probably a bit more as I can tell I am retaining water bad...had lots of sodium yesterday...indulged in a giant pickle lol)

That means I have 12 pounds to lose by Thanksgiving to meet my goal and 17 pounds to lose to meet my stretch goal. If I stick to the food plan I can definitely lose the 12 more pounds (2 a week) but I am hoping to kick up my exercise routine and watch my sodium intake to avoid retaining water and hopefully lose that extra 5 pounds!

Thanks so much for this challenge...just having a group of people to be accountable to helps!
  • arjames82
    arjames82 Posts: 154
    Options
    Better late than never...but I want a piece of this challenge too. Thanksgiving Day is especially meaningful for me this year because it is also my 26th brithday.:bigsmile: I am determined to celebrate my birthday 20 lbs lighter than I am today!

Current Weight: 200 lbs
    Thanksgiving (and Birthday) Goal Weight: 180 lbs
  • jenzcrazy
    Options
    Hello I will be in for the Thanksgiving challenge. My goal is 15 lbs from my starting weight.

Height: 5'4"

Starting: 188
    Current: 180
    Thanksgiving: 173
    Christmas: 165

Goal: 130
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    OK---Check in! 10-13-08
    height: 5'8"
    Starting weight: 160
    Last Week 150
    Current 150 (I've been at this weight since the middle of July!)
    Thanksgiving Goal: 143

Again, i have not changed a bit. I've been working at this for sooo long and am getting really frustrated at being at 150!:explode: I really tried to stay close to my calories last week, and did pretty good. I did lift 3 times last week and walked the dog 3 times too (which is the most exercise i've done in a while), so you think that i'd be losing just a little.....that's all i'm asking.....just a little, please!!!

I guess i just really need to work harder...really concentrate on my food intake, and then make sure i'm doing a little more exercise than last week. But I swear, if i do perfect this week and still have not lost any weight, you all are going to have to really pick me up!:flowerforyou:

-Laura
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Laura!!! Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    ...I guess i just really need to work harder...really concentrate on my food intake, and then make sure i'm doing a little more exercise than last week. But I swear, if i do perfect this week and still have not lost any weight, you all are going to have to really pick me up!:flowerforyou:

-Laura

Don't worry Laura. If you do perfect this week and that darn scale doesn't move for you, I will come and help you smash it to pieces with a couple of hammers. Hang in there girl. The scale hasn't moved for me either. I've been a 162 for waaaay too long. :grumble:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Im In

Ht- 5'5
    Current - 149
    Last weight- 151
    Challenge Start - 154
    thanksgiving-146
    christmas-138
    goal-130

Im getting there slowly but at least its coming off. Hope everyone else is doing good ! If your stuck at the same weight cut back a little bit and up your excersie and little just to kick your body back into gear.

96414.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

17350.jpg
  • mercy4710
    Options
    I am in, I would like to loose 15 pounds by Thanksgiving

My weight is 162 today :cry:

Thanksgivings 147 :bigsmile:

Near future goal 125 :love:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Check in - I have had two really good, no great weeks. I lost 2 pds each week! I am soooo excited.

Starting weight 146
    current weight 140.2
    previous goal by thanksgiving was 139
    New goal by thanksgiving is 135
    Final goal 131 - pre-baby weight after 2 years!

Everyone keep up the good work, so we can stuff ourselves on turkey day!

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • ninabonina
    Options
    Ok, so my thanksgiving was yesterday!
    I think i did pretty good! I reached my goal weight like 4 days ahead of time and i'm startin to look good in my stomach area..Wooo!
    I actually ate very little compared to what i usually eat. My only weakness was Pumpkin Pie..

Damn You Pumpkin Pie:grumble:

Anyways, we'll see tomorrow what my weight is at weigh in
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my thanksgiving was yesterday!
    I think i did pretty good! I reached my goal weight like 4 days ahead of time and i'm startin to look good in my stomach area..Wooo!
    I actually ate very little compared to what i usually eat. My only weakness was Pumpkin Pie..

Damn You Pumpkin Pie:grumble:

Anyways, we'll see tomorrow what my weight is at weigh in

Congratulations Nina- great willpower there!!- My Thanksgiving was yesterday too and I COMPLETELY blew it on the weekend so am starting fresh again today (I'm actually UP 2 pounds!) but determinted to get back into it. Made it to the gym this morning at 6 AM so hopefully a better week for me.

I haven't had a chance to read any of the posts yet but will catch uo tonight to see how everyones doing.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    WHoo come on guys, we can so do this!!!!

I'm still hovering around 173, but my foot is healing nicely (I broke a few bones lol) and I'm hoping by early next week I'll be able to go running or at least biking. :smile:

Congrats to ninabonina for your amazing willpower!! Happy thanksgiving my canadian friends. For my peeps in the US we've got 6 weeks left until Turkey day!
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: I am in, I think I can lose 15 pounds by Thanksgiving. That is 2 pounds a week!!

Current 234
    Goal 219 **** That sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm in! I know it's a little late in the game but I just joined mfp today. I will take the Thanksgiving Challenge and for me I would really like to lose 10 lbs by Thanksgiving.
    Current Weight 153
    Thanksgiving goal 143
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers to the challenge. Big congrats to the 3 ladies who just reported so much progress. That is great!!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So here is my update. when we started this last week I was just starting and today I weighed myself and I lost 4 pounds. Something clicked in my head last week and I realized that I'm not playing with my girls as much as I should and it's because I'm out of shape and over weight. I have what is it 5 weeks until thanksgiving to loose 8 more pounds. I think I can do it and hopefully pass it.

Good Luck to everyone else:flowerforyou:
  • ladybug2
    Options
    Hi I'm in starting 237 will lose 15 by Thanksgiving I will stay positive:
  • monica5237
    Options
    I am in i want to play with you guy

Starting 263

today 199

halloween 190

thanksgiving 186

I know that is not much to lose but I want to lose it slow like i have been so I don't gain it back

Okay I am checking in I went to the dr yesterday and I was down 195.8 so I am getting closer I don't think I will hit my goal of 190 by Halloween but hey what comes off is still off. I am not dissapointed I will work on it and Iwill get there soon enough!!!:smile::smile:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I'm in! Especially starting Monday when I get back from my race!!!!

Height: 5'10" (large, athletic frame)

Current: 165 (size 10)
    Halloween: 160
    Thanksgiving: 155
    Christmas: 153
    Maintain between 150-155!!!