20 weeks to a healthier me!

Options
I thought i'd post here to see if anyone wants to join me. I have a goal to become as healthier as I can in the next 20 weeks (which is mid August). I figure if I can lose 2 lbs/week, that will be 40 lbs lost...and i'll be back down close to my maintenance weight (220) where I used to hover for about 1 1/2 years! Being in the 220s again will be great as most of my clothes fit me at that size, and I am tired of having nothing to wear. It still isn't close to where I need to be weight wise but it will be a great step in the right direction.

Replies

• marte80
    marte80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I actually had the same exact goal, to lose 40 lbs by August 6, 2011. Lets do it!
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    yay awesome!! :) we can do this! :)
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I will love to join.. Can I get more information..
  • recipe4success
    Options
    Yay welcome! What kind of information would you like? I am thinking we could all post here to support each other and perhaps post weigh ins once a week.
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    OK I like that..

Thank you..
  • recipe4success
    Options
    anyone else can feel free to join in anytime! :)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I'm in! First of all I like *small* groups....I get lost in big ones.
  • recipe4success
    Options
    Me too :) I am aiming for around 5-10 people or so :)
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Excellent. I love small groups :))
  • recipe4success
    Options
    Hm..why don't we all post our current short term goal?

Mine is to get under 260 lbs. I hope to be there by the end of April ! :) This morning I weighed in at 264.8 lbs and I started the week at 270 lbs so my first week weight is dropping fast (I think I was bloated for my first weigh in though!)
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Sounds good. I'd like to be 219 by the end of March but that's in 7 days and I'm 224/225...don't know if I'll make it. So next month I'd like to be about 209 by the end of April....even if I don't make 219 this month...
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    Hello!

I have a lot more to lose than 40 pounds, but my first long-term goal is to be under 200 pounds by my birthday in August. My...40th birthday. Yikes!

My first short-term goal is to make it out of the 230's and I would like to be there by the second week of April or so.

I would love to join this group if you will have me. Thanks!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    40 is just a beginning! In more ways than one! I did not meet my husband till I was 39 and got married at 41 - heheh I thought I was old then....lol.

I think I weighed about 100 lbs less than my hw at mfp, maybe about 150 back when I met him, I think when I first met him I was around 140...then ...got bigger.

40 is just a beginning in another way too - at 45 lbs lost I will be in onederland :)

I like the idea of a long term 20 weeks group, I don't feel so much pressure. There's a lot of "lose x by x" groups but this one is a nice and long term group. Long term goal will be to reach onederland before the 20 weeks are up. I have some cute nice looking slimming trousers when I reach 199 that are still in my closet.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Oh could i join too ! I would like to loose 30 pounds by mid august to be at 170! Of course i am looking really forward to onederland too 10 pounds away ! When are we going to weigh in on what day ?
  • recipe4success
    Options
    yay we have 6 members now!

when does everyone like to weigh in? I am open to whatever date people like. Sometimes monday isn't the best day because it is after the weekend (when we might treat ourselves!) and sometimes friday is hard because people go out....but that is just my two cents. I'd vote for Wednesday or Thursday...what does everyone else think:?
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    I am open to any weigh-in day.

I weigh on Tuesdays, but really don't mind posting that weight on whatever day is decided.

I used to be pretty tied to the scale, but I had to let go because it made me a bit crazy. This is just me, I could give a rip how many times people want to weigh themselves as long as it helps them stay sane and happy.

The 40th birthday thing is actually pretty arbitrary for me, it was just a date by which it was reasonable to have lost that amount of weight, not a rush to lose by that age. I have never been a big observer of milestones, time is a little more comfortable for me when taken in the abstract!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I'm open to any official date but...personally I'm a scale weighing addict. I hope no one minds if I post when the scale actually goes down for me. @Jen knows bc she's my good friend on MFP and probably reads that I am constantly weighing....lol, but not as BAD as I was before ;).

My EASA2 program officially weighs me on Mondays I think, unless it got screwy in the time change, then it will be Tuesday....

EASA2 = EA Sports Active 2 - I'm doing it on the xbox360 and it's a total cardio/stom/burn. You have a virtual trainer and you work really hard.....

If anyone is interested here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3iz0wEbcR4
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I finally finished one part of this completely stressful project...yay me!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    It really does not matter to me what day we weigh in !
  • recipe4success
    Options
    I finally finished one part of this completely stressful project...yay me!

yay!!! i have a huge project due tuesday and i need to finish many components of it....i will be trying to get as much done today as possible which unfortunately means hours and hours at the computer..