Options

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    120 min today....so far. :)
  • patches0102
    Options
    More steps in today. A short walk but it was something.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Checking in for March Walking Challenge

Happy to report I met my goal this month. Yaaaa!!!!

March Walking goal 31 miles - 34 miled done = Finally finished a walking goal I set.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:heart: Keep walking everyone you can do this!!!:heart:
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I'd like to check in for the March Walking Challenge
    I've just joined this website at the weekend and am finding it's great for inspiration and support! I've been walking regularly since 1st February but have added my walks since joining MFP. Though I've done quite a bit over the past couple of days, I intend to do a regular walk of around 3 miles a day going round my local park. This includes a fairly steep hill, which I found to be quite literally breathtaking at the beginning but am already feeling much better breathing-wise. I feel it's a good idea to include a hill in my walks, don't you?

exercise.png
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    20 mins this morning. every little helps!
  • Kimber2336
    Kimber2336 Posts: 131
    Options
    2 Miles Last Night
    1.9 Miles this Morning -

New Ticker @ 33.15
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    40 more minutes today!:happy:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I'd like to check in for the March Walking Challenge
    I've just joined this website at the weekend and am finding it's great for inspiration and support! I've been walking regularly since 1st February but have added my walks since joining MFP. Though I've done quite a bit over the past couple of days, I intend to do a regular walk of around 3 miles a day going round my local park. This includes a fairly steep hill, which I found to be quite literally breathtaking at the beginning but am already feeling much better breathing-wise. I feel it's a good idea to include a hill in my walks, don't you?

exercise.png

Welcome! I think a hill is a great extra little workout. Way to go!:flowerforyou:
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I haven't stopped by here in quite some time, but I'm very happy with how this challenge has gone this month. I've never done one of the walking challenges before, so I gave myself a modest goal of an average of 15 minutes per day for the 31 days in March. A week or two ago I discovered a 3-mile loop near my house, and it's perfect for a 45-60 minute walk, so I've done that several times now. I'm pretty sure I'll surpass my goal this month, and maybe next month I'll set my sights higher :). It's been a lot of fun!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

March Walking goal 31 miles - 34 miled done = Finally finished a walking goal I set.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Great job! I'm looking forward to surpassing my goal in the next few days, too :smile:.
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I haven't stopped by here in quite some time, but I'm very happy with how this challenge has gone this month. I've never done one of the walking challenges before, so I gave myself a modest goal of an average of 15 minutes per day for the 31 days in March. A week or two ago I discovered a 3-mile loop near my house, and it's perfect for a 45-60 minute walk, so I've done that several times now. I'm pretty sure I'll surpass my goal this month, and maybe next month I'll set my sights higher :). It's been a lot of fun!

I agree... Having that basic walk of around 45 to 60 mins is working out great for me and since I've been walking further when I have the time, the basic walk just seems like fun. Especially now the weather is picking up and birds and plants are becoming more active. Having a route planned out allows for taking in scenery and letting your mind wander. SO relaxing!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options

Great job! I'm looking forward to surpassing my goal in the next few days, too :smile:.

Thanks ceejay:flowerforyou: - Good luck with your goals also.
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I have walked 10 miles today. I did Leslie Sansones power walk video this a.m. and about 30mins ago.
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    just back from a 3 hour walk!! sore legs!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Got in 2 1/2 hours yesterday. I think all these long walks everyday are killing me. haha. Today I'm taking a break. :) Letting my legs recoup.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    2 miles with Leslie Sansone this morning!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this is only the second time I've walked all month...but I did it! :happy: Freezing cold and all. I gotta get it in gear.
  • patches0102
    Options
    Checking as I haven't checked in for a couple of days. I am still walking but need to increase my goal next month. I hope we will have an April one.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yay! I met my goal this month. I decided to add a lunchtime walk to my regular routine to help me break a plateau and that really got the minutes in for me.
  • mnmorneau
    mnmorneau Posts: 49
    Options
    Haven't checked in since Friday but did 4 miles both Monday and Tues and then 2.5 miles on Wed and then this morning. If I keep that up I will certainly meet my goal by the end of the month. Will check back in on Sat. Keep up the good work everyone.