INSANITY - Updates & Progress- New Group

Options

Replies

• kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I did Max Interval Cardio Circuit this morning. Not one of my favorites. It is 60 minutes of hell (Shaun T. even says at the beginning during the warmup that he is going to kick your butt), but I love how I feel afterwards so I push through it! My arms are feeling a bit sore today.

Mamareese - LOVE the quote. Thanks for sharing. I can relate to the water intake too. That is exactly how I am. I am great during the week, but the weekends could use improvement.

Yes, it is suppose to be Spring. My 4 year old is suppose to have her outdoor soccer practice tonight, but darned the snow that fell yesterday she may not have it :( I wish Spring would get here and STAY! I'm so over the freaking cold weather and so are my 2 children. They want to play outside.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

P90X Plyo compared to this workout is nothing! And this is just the test part of it! haha

AMEN!! I used to about fall over with Plyo doing P90x back in the summer. I tried half of it the other day with DH just because that or sit on the couch and watch him...I couldn't believe how much 'easier' that seemed. It's still a GREAT workout but the sweat factor is not comparable!! LoL.

When do you do the 2nd round of the Fit Test? I was wondering that this AM but forgot to check before I left for work.
  • mamareese
    Options
    Ahhh crap!! Never mind, I looked it up. It's Day 1 on Week 3. Which would be Thursday for me, but my ahhh crap is because I just realized I have Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs tomorrow!! Yikes!! I peeked at that the other day, couldn't believe how difficult that was!! Guess I better get some sleep tonight!! :noway:
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Ahhh crap!! Never mind, I looked it up. It's Day 1 on Week 3. Which would be Thursday for me, but my ahhh crap is because I just realized I have Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs tomorrow!! Yikes!! I peeked at that the other day, couldn't believe how difficult that was!! Guess I better get some sleep tonight!! :noway:

I was so excited that I got to check that off my to do list today...until I realized it's back on my schedule for Thursday. Poof! Good feeling gone (at least until I'm done with it!).
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    You guys are scaring me!:noway:
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Don't worry about it. You develop a sick sense of humor where you know you're going to get your butt kicked but you push play any way. When it's over you get to say "Ha! Take that Shawn T-Man of Steel! I'm still alive!!" :tongue:
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

Today I did pure cardio and abs. I really am looking forward to recovery day tomorrow!!!

I am really afraid of starting max insanity. I cant imagine doing 60 minutes of these workouts!! I think the only thing that gets me through right now is knowing I only have 20 minutes or so of hardcore cardio!!!
    Today when I was doing the pure cardio towards the end it seemed like mylegs were really spent.

I also noticed that now when I am going up and down stairs, or when squating my knee is creaking and crackling. It doesnt hurt, and over the weekend I ran 4 miles and it didnt bother me, but the noise is not right...Anyone else have this happen???
  • jabdye
    Options
    Dawn -- I take a supplement with Chondroitin and Glucosamine to help with joint health. As a runner, I am constantly abusing them. The supplement definitely takes the "creak" out!
  • mamareese
    Options
    You guys are scaring me!:noway:

:laugh:

shakemybooty is right! Gotta laugh our sore muscles all the way through!! It's great and if it didn't keep challenging me- I'd be bored...ALREADY. And I'm definitely not. I am getting a little nervous about those increased time like dawn mentioned. I love the beachbody products I've seen so far because of that great little timer that reminds you that you're getting there...of course when it shoots up to 60 minutes...well, I might have to look away!! :frown:

jabdye- that's good to know about the supplement. I've noticed some issues with my right knee that I had some surgery on years back. Not too much that I can't push through but something that reminds me that that old joint is still there!!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

I am really afraid of starting max insanity. I cant imagine doing 60 minutes of these workouts!! I think the only thing that gets me through right now is knowing I only have 20 minutes or so of hardcore cardio!!!
    Today when I was doing the pure cardio towards the end it seemed like mylegs were really spent.

Yeah I too don't know how I am going to handle Phase 2 of Insanity. But I have to keep thinking I never thought I would get through the 40 minute workouts but somehow I do.
  • edburg
    edburg Posts: 22
    Options
    I found this at the right time. I just started my second week of month 2 of INSANITY. I only have 3 weeks left but I feel like I'm going to need all the support I can get to really tough out these last days.
  • jabdye
    Options
    have you had good results?
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    I found this at the right time. I just started my second week of month 2 of INSANITY. I only have 3 weeks left but I feel like I'm going to need all the support I can get to really tough out these last days.

Good for you! You can't give up when you're that close to finishing!!
  • kcmomof2
    Options
    Ok, well it's only 59 minutes and 40ish seconds. It never says 60 minutes. :laugh: I do enjoy the 2nd month workouts more than the 1st month, but they are harder and longer. I guess I am a glutton for punishment cause I keep pushing play. :) Different warmup moves and different workout moves. The one that is more than 60 minutes is the day you do the 47 minute Max Cardio Conditioning (compare it to Pure Cardio - no breaks during the actual workout) and then you do the 16 minute Cardio Abs. If you have the 30 minute Insane Abs you can sub that instead. SO.MUCH.FUN! :wink: Max Interval Plyo and Max Interval Sports Training each are 55 minutes long.

Funny part in Sports Training - you do 2 minutes of Suicide Runs (I think that is what they are called). About midway through (1 minute mark) one of the guys in the back stops to take a break and Shaun T. tells him no to get back at it and walks over to him and pulls his water bottle away from his mouth. Shaun T. says "There are sometimes when I just don't want you to take a break". Cracks me up everytime I see it.

I will end it on that note so I don't keep scaring you all ;)

Keep it up everyone you are doing great! :)
  • kcmomof2
    Options

Great work! You can do it! You are soooo close. :)
  • alyssa83202
    alyssa83202 Posts: 334
    Options
    Me and my boyfriend are starting tonight after we both get out of our night classes! I'm pretty excited :)
  • edburg
    Options
    I've definitely seen results. I recently switched my workout time from after work to before work. It really sucks getting up but by the time Shaun says "last one, breathe in" I'm so glad I got it out of the way.
  • jabdye
    Options
    Thanks edburg! My husband and I get up at 5am to workout -- so I will be counting the days -- 58 more to be exact :bigsmile: I'm missing running -- are there days that are less strenuous where you could add running?
  • edburg
    Options
    Yea. I usually do additional stuff on Thurs. when it's my recovery day and Sun. my off days. My bf says I should take those days to recover from all of the insane workouts but I don't go too crazy with the additional workout (run/bike ride with puppy) I think this week I'll be able to do it on my Max Cardio Conditoning day.
  • adammccrady
    adammccrady Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Day 16 Fit Test tonight!! I'll post my initial and my second fit test results for everyone to see. I'm intentionally not going to view my first fit test results prior to doing my fit test tonight... that way i won't be trying to beat a certain number... just doing my best.

Day of yesterday was fantastic, after the first session of Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs on Saturday. I literally could not lift my legs during some parts of Cardio Abs... not good!

Saw an INSANITY info-mercial yesterday, and was instantly pumped to get back at it today!