Question for all you men....

Options

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    One thing I hate is when guys wear black sneakers with jeans. That's my one irrational thing, and i don't know why. Ugh, especially something liek black high top Reeboks with jeans. It just gives me the willies. It just reminds me of late 80's New Jersey. Got a jean jacket to go with it? :sick:

LMAO. I totally rocked Reeboks and jeans in New Jersey in the 80's. I was 10. I don't think I got the jean jacket till I was about 16.

Sure, in the 80's, that's okay. Especially when you're 10. Not now, not at this age. :laugh:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    So is it ok to just be a regular old jeans and t shirt kinda girl? I'm plain jane but I think I'm still cute without all the stupid trends made for 16 year old girls.
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Most of mine have been covered already. However there are two seperate women at my office that do not understand corporate dress. I work in a business casual office, but its the dressy side of business casual. Polos are frowned upon unless its Friday. I usually wear a blazer or suit jacket with my long sleeved shirt and wool-blend slacks. I don't even wear chinos or dockers and spend money on dry cleaning for my shirts so they are always pressed and starched. Like I said, this is the dressy side of business casual, almost classified as business professional but I don't wear a tie.

One lady, wears capris or 'shorts' (they have some fancy name but they are fricking dress pant shorts). Seriously, I understand capris and shorts are more comfortable than pants/dresses/skirts but its just not acceptable. I don't wear slacks that are 10" short so don't wear them.

Another lady, who is just out of college, wears leggings. Usually the leggings are with a top that couldn't be classified as a dress because half her assets are hanging out. She's relatively attractive, so I don't complain much... but how can this be considered appropriate when I'm wearing a starched shirt and slacks (at a minimum).

/rant over
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    One thing I hate is when guys wear black sneakers with jeans. That's my one irrational thing, and i don't know why. Ugh, especially something liek black high top Reeboks with jeans. It just gives me the willies. It just reminds me of late 80's New Jersey. Got a jean jacket to go with it? :sick:
    i am guilty of the black sneakers (low cut mind you) with jeans sorry, lol.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, wearing PJs (or slippers) outside is terrible. Also on my list:

* Flip-flops
    * Those various things that are supposed to look like jeans, but they're not (and they don't).
    * Heavy people wearing skin-tight clothing, or having their bellies hanging out.
    * For the love of Thor, leggings are NOT PANTS!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    So is it ok to just be a regular old jeans and t shirt kinda girl? I'm plain jane but I think I'm still cute without all the stupid trends made for 16 year old girls.

that's my favorite personally
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options

leggins are soooo comfortable! they're the next best thing to sweats. HOWEVER - I believe they should be worn with tunics that cover most or all of your booty haha especially if u have a flabby bottom, we don't need to see every dent or jiggle if you know what i mean. as a curvy girl i make sure i wear the right under garments with leggings and my booty looks appropriate haha

No complaints here.... EVER. :P
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I live in my flip flops. It's Los Angeles! Geez...
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I think that sleveless tops are cute if you have Michelle Obama arms. If, however, you have batwings and a lot of jiggle, sleves are needed.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    People who completely pluck their eyebrows and draw them in (poorly) with pencils of a different color.

I'm sorry but, now you look just a little bit more like Krusty the Clown.
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    I would have to say beautiful women who are stuck up or think they are the *kitten*.....I hate that attitude, its a BIG NO NO for me

Its ok to be beautiful and to know that your beautiful, but you dont have to rub my nose in it

Oh yeah!!! I so agree!!!! With women like that, you will never be #1...becaue they have already filled that spot with themselves, lol. Good one!!!
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    thought you were gonna keep the Girls out :tongue:
    lol
    I have to go with Uggs
    they Must be comfy cos they ar UGly
    :drinker:

they're called UGGS for a reason... CUZ THEY UGG-LEE! hahaha..:laugh:

When you said this, I thought about the hyenas in Lion King saying, "Cause man are they UUGGLEE!" haha!!
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    My hubby and I call it the Coin Slot, but I'm sure you have another name for it.....
    When someone wearing low cut pants bends over and you can see the top of the crack. Yuck!
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wearing bright really bright coloured tights and clothes
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

that's my favorite personally

My fiance told me that no matter what I wear, a hoodie with jeans and a vest is his favorite outfit.

My pet peeves are
    1) bras that hang out (every woman should own 2 nude coloured bras, one strapless and one with straps)
    2) wearing black and navy blue together...drives me nuts, those two colours don't match
    3) Levi's and cowboy boots (mostly for men, women look cute with a skirt and boots)...seriously the only jeans you should be wearing with cowboy boots are wranglers
    4) Muffin tops, or your side rolls hanging out because your shirt is WAY to tight
    5) the fact that I can see your belly button through your shirt
    6) saggy boobs (hike that crap up, there's support for those!)
    7) greasy hair, so gross
    8) to much make-up, when I can see your mask along the jaw line, means you're trying to cover your ugly
    9) when people wear full on lululemon outfits to the grocery store, or to the movies...we get it, you like to spend tons of money on pants that don't fade...woop de doo!

I know I'm judgemental, I'm sorry...most of the time I keep these things to myself, and try really hard not to sneer
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    My hubby and I call it the Coin Slot, but I'm sure you have another name for it.....
    When someone wearing low cut pants bends over and you can see the top of the crack. Yuck!

LOL! Crack Attack!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

9) when people wear full on lululemon outfits to the grocery store, or to the movies...we get it, you like to spend tons of money on pants that don't fade...woop de doo!

guess i'm poor cuz idk wth a lululemon is???

p.s. Crack kills hahaha
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

leggins are soooo comfortable! they're the next best thing to sweats. HOWEVER - I believe they should be worn with tunics that cover most or all of your booty haha especially if u have a flabby bottom, we don't need to see every dent or jiggle if you know what i mean. as a curvy girl i make sure i wear the right under garments with leggings and my booty looks appropriate haha

No complaints here.... EVER. :P

i'm guessing you're a booty man?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    5) the fact that I can see your belly button through your shirt

Oh my God, i thought I was th eonly one who hated that! That drives me crazy! If I can see the indentation of your belly button, your shirt is too tight!
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Have to add skorts to the list (wtf false advertising), and I have to disagree with cowboy boots and skirts, very bad, as are cowboy boots and shorts.