Lose 5 Pounds A Month April 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm in, but feel like I will NEVER be able to find this post again. Suggestions for that?
    CW:156.0

Go to community and then there is a heading called My Topics and you should be able to see the April challenge there since you have posted on the this thread.

Hope it works.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Ok as you can see I am back and posting. Kids were on spring break last week so getting a chance to use my computer was a hard task. Spring break is over but....today is a teacher work day so they are home again today but I am trying to get my posts done before they wake up and take the computer away.

It is so awesome to see so many of you here and ready to get healthy. I finished my first week of my half marathon training and I am really not sore at all. My problem is my feet get tired before the end of a run. My shoes are good quality and only a month old so that is not the problem I think my feet are lazy:laugh:

I did poorly last month but I did for the most part maintain...but then woke up Friday morning 2 pounds heavier than I ended last month so

April 1 181 pounds.

Goal 176 (less would be great but I know how hard it is for me to lose a pound or 2)

Hope everyone has a successful day of exercise and eating.

Terri
  • rinshine
    rinshine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I jump in late?

160lbs as of the 1st!
  • sally125
    sally125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am in.... current weight 172. Will see you on Monday.
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'll join! Starting weight is 150.6.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. :happy: I know I just posted my weight Friday but since Monday is my weigh in day, thought I'd do it again .

April 1 - 174.0
    April 4 - 173.6

So almost a half pound lost over the weekend. Really has a great workout yesterday. I'm slowly adding running back into my exercise and hoping my knees hold out. Alternated walking for 3 minutes and running for 2 minutes for a total of 45 minutes yesterday. Felt so good - and my knees aren't killing me. :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a great week.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to all!

Had a great weekend with my food & exercise. I had a birthday party on Saturday that was quite challenging. A lot of bad food, drinks and 2 birthday cakes. I didn't 'snack', had small portion sizes of the unhealthier dinner option and ate a large salad. Plus...bonus...resisted the cakes! Yay, me!

Have a great Monday! :drinker: {water}
  • ehlertmartha
    Options
    Im in :) week-1 242
  • ehlertmartha
    Options
    Im in :) week-1 242
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My starting weight as of Saturday was 168.5.

I hope to lose the 5 pounds as well as keep up with the C25K program - I just started Sunday!
  • zucena
    zucena Posts: 43
    Options
    So this is where I start for the month of April.... Good luck to everybody!!!:flowerforyou:

5lb a month challenge SW:186.3 on 4/1/11 CW:185.8~~~Total ???lbs for April!!!!
    4/08/11= (???)~~~~~4/15/11= (???)~~~~~ 4/22//11= (???)~~~~~4/29/11= (???)
  • blackbyrd61
    blackbyrd61 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1 Apr ~ 199.5
    4 Apr ~ 200.0

SW: 218 ~ (12/2010)
    GW: 160 ~ (12/2011)
  • sdbacher
    sdbacher Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting weight 157.4. I've lost five pounds but it's taken 3 months! I'm going to get blood work done to see if somethings up with my thyroid. Thanks for starting this!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I've decided to chalk up the month of March to maintenance... (I probably actually gained a pound or two, but I'll work on losing those and more for April...)

bjshooter - congrats on getting under 150!!! :drinker: I just can't seem to get past that number... It's my nemesis!

55, not to rejoice in you being stuck-at-152 or anything... but I'm glad I'm not the only one! Do you think we can finally get to the 140's together this month?! I wonder how Ralu and Jenn+2 are doing in the race to 150... We may have to declare BJ as our official winner, if we don't hear from them soon...

HAHAHA I litterally laughed out loud! No Worries I don't blame you for being happy about my being Stuck lol Because I was secretly happy about your lack of weightloss as well.
    Now we don't have to do it alone!! Lets Kick April In The Butt!!! :drinker:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    BMK Challenges for the week:
    **Do any circuit training workout this week 3x for minimum of 20min. This can be a class you take at the gym already, a dvd you have, a video you find on youtube.com or just something you make up on your own. Just keep moving! **100 tricep dips AND 100 tricep kickbacks (dips are done often with a chair and kickbacks with hand weights. Search for variety of ways to do them) **Have a low carb day once this week. No set number as everyone is different. Maybe if you go over a lot, just try to hit your goal or stay under. Maybe try to be under by 50, etc.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,

I have been MIA for a while due to a crazy busy work schedule and my health has suffered. I have started to gain a lot of my lost weight back and I am feeling down about how far back I have slipped away from my healthy living goals. So instead of dwelling on the past fails I am going to instead try hard to center myself back into the healthy living mindset. I am going to start eating healthier and logging my food. I really missed checking in with you all everyday and I really want to get back to that.

So, hello to old friends, hello to new friends and I hope to lose 5 lbs this month with you all! :flowerforyou:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,

I have been MIA for a while due to a crazy busy work schedule and my health has suffered. I have started to gain a lot of my lost weight back and I am feeling down about how far back I have slipped away from my healthy living goals. So instead of dwelling on the past fails I am going to instead try hard to center myself back into the healthy living mindset. I am going to start eating healthier and logging my food. I really missed checking in with you all everyday and I really want to get back to that.

So, hello to old friends, hello to new friends and I hope to lose 5 lbs this month with you all! :flowerforyou:

SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK! I was just wondering about you this morning. What is happening with the wedding plans?
    Seems like we all had a bit of a weight gain but being back again is the first right step and we can do it again cause we did it before RIGHT! WELCOME BACK:wink:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Hello friends,

SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK! I was just wondering about you this morning. What is happening with the wedding plans?
    Seems like we all had a bit of a weight gain but being back again is the first right step and we can do it again cause we did it before RIGHT! WELCOME BACK:wink:

YES, happy to see you back! Spill about the wedding!!
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    4/01~ 193.0
    4/04~ 192.0
    4/11~
    4/18~
    4/25~
    4/30~
  • animechic23
    Options
    WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

April 1st- 231
    April 5th- 228.8

Goal For April is 226! Only 2.8 More Ibs to go!!!!!

I hope everyone else is doing great!!!