INSANITY - Updates & Progress- New Group

Replies

• jchapa83
    jchapa83 Posts: 71 Member
    Hello all!

I am in a great mood this Monday morning!!! I have officially completed INSANITY!!! I can't believe I actually DID IT!!! I actually cried finishing up my FIT TEST..LOL! I got sooo emotional!! Out of 5 of my friends only 2 of us completed Insanity!!! All I have to say is DON'T GIVE UP!!! It is worth it =)) If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!!!

I am soooo HAPPY =))
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    jchapa -- CONGRATS!!! What an accomplishment! Please tell me more! Did you follow the meal plan -- did you loose weight - inches? Do you feel great?

I am a runner and just completed my second marathon. Decided to take a running break and try this -- but the scale is not liking it. Just started week 2 -- any suggestions/advice on getting the most out of the workout???
  • jchapa83
    jchapa -- CONGRATS!!! What an accomplishment! Please tell me more! Did you follow the meal plan -- did you loose weight - inches? Do you feel great?

I am a runner and just completed my second marathon. Decided to take a running break and try this -- but the scale is not liking it. Just started week 2 -- any suggestions/advice on getting the most out of the workout???

Thank you!!! I didn't follow the meal plan provided, my calorie intake was 1200+calories burned for each workout. I have a HRM watch and that helped me keep track of my calories burned. I would keep track of everything on MFP. I started out watching my calories in Month 1 even on weekends and I noticed I wasn't losing weight! But after 18 days on the 2nd Fit Test I could tell the difference in my pictures!! That is what kept me motivated!! I was feeling discouraged because I was actally gaining but looking at those pictures I decided to stop weighing myself!! In month 2 I would cheat during the weekends here and there but either way I still weigh the same since I started!! But I did lose 3.5in off my waist and 1in on my hips! My arms and legs are super toned that everyone even notices!!! I am very happy with my results, in my tummy area I got rid of the muffin tops/love handles and that is a very hard thing to do!!! It was well worth it though!!
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Started today!!! Did my fit test and was a bit dissappointed in myself, but I'll improve in 2 weeks. So here are my results, please don't laugh..

Sk: 36/ 72(if counted individual)
    PJ: 26
    PK: 50
    PJ: 5(very dissappointed in that number)
    GJ: 4
    SJ: 8
    PUJ: 11
    LO: 22

Tomorrow the fun Begins...
  • biged335
    Question. How do you log your excerise for Insanity to show how many calories you burned?
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    We are on vacation in Orlando this week, and I did my Insanity workout today! Pure Cardio. I brought my laptop and a couple Insanity dvd's so I could keep at it at least a little bit on our vacation. I laugh because I can only imagine what people would have thought if they heard the noises coming from our room - lots of jumping and gasping sounds. My husband said he will probably get some not-deserved high fives today.

Did the high fives come through? Too funny !! Now that's dedication girl! Way to go!

So far this is my absolute favorite MFP post and I will laugh about it again every time I push play!
  • shakemybooty
    Hello all!

I am in a great mood this Monday morning!!! I have officially completed INSANITY!!! I can't believe I actually DID IT!!! I actually cried finishing up my FIT TEST..LOL! I got sooo emotional!! Out of 5 of my friends only 2 of us completed Insanity!!! All I have to say is DON'T GIVE UP!!! It is worth it =)) If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!!!

I am soooo HAPPY =))

That's great!
  • shakemybooty
    Question. How do you log your excerise for Insanity to show how many calories you burned?

I added an exercise for each of the Insanity workouts and get the calories from my HRM. We all burn different amounts so you really need one for this.
  • biged335
    Thank you
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Day 17/63 completed, Pure Cardio. I wasn't able to do the Cardio Abs because my baby decided she wanted to eat early. Oh well, I think I am going to try to make it up and tack the abs on to tomorrow's workout (cardio recovery).

It seems like I have so much more to go but I have completed 25% of the program. Yippeee!
  • shakemybooty
    Today was my first day of the "recovery week". I had a very busy weekend, didn't sleep well, AND I have a headache so I was struggling with it. I think it wouldn't have been too bad on a regulary day. I see the Mr. Evil has found new ways to make me cry uncle. I'm pretty sure my arms will fall off completely by early afternoon.

We live in a rural area. It was 70 degrees here yesterday so we went for a 2 mile walk with my daughter in the stroller. There were 35 mile an hour winds and nothing blocking it. I swear that was tougher than an Insanity workout. I'd like to see Shawn T. try that one! I'd bet he would wimper and beg for mercy....well at least he was in the happy place my mind went to to get me through it. :laugh:
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Ed, try not to be disappointed by your numbers (I know that's easier said than done) because as you go through this program, you're going to be amazed and how much higher they go!

Bootylicious, this is not encouraging at all. So, again the word recovery is misleading, huh? :laugh: This is wonderful! (note sarcasm) It's supposed to be 80 here today and I cannot wait! The winds are supposed to blow - 30-40 mph gusts - but later in the evening. I even wore my sleeveless dress today (with a jacket on over) so that I can catch some rays!

Today was Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I meant to record myself to see if my form was correct but forgot. I was able to do more of those in and up exercises and the high plank-low plank exercise. I can see my arms really starting to tone up, so this brings the excitement like you wouldn't believe! Makes me actually look forward to these next six weeks to see what the end result will be!
  • lovetowrite73
    Hello all!

I am soooo HAPPY =))
    That's great! Congrats!! I think I might end up crying at the end too. :laugh: Do you mind posting your fit test results (day 1 and day 63)?
  • Volforlife83
    Volforlife83 Posts: 22 Member
    Started Month 2 last night. Max Cardio Circuit + the Fit Test. All I can say is, now I know why everyone sees the biggest results in month 2. OWWWWWWW!!
  • lovetowrite73
    The more I hear about how hard Month 2, the more I'm looking forward to it. Does that make any sense? I want to see how this body of mine is going to react to the torture! :laugh:

Great job, Lea!!
  • Volforlife83
    Volforlife83 Posts: 22 Member
    The more I hear about how hard Month 2, the more I'm looking forward to it. Does that make any sense? I want to see how this body of mine is going to react to the torture! :laugh:

Great job, Lea!!

Thank you! :) You are doing great too, 20 pounds down is awesome! I totally know what you mean also, my husband wanted to repeat month 1 first, but I insisted we move on. I am so looking forward to seeing the results of what this month brings, even though it's kicking my butt!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    jabdye-Cardio Power & Resistance for me today too. It def. kicked my butt. I hear ya about the diet. I'm still trying to figure out where to set my calorie goal so I'm over I'm under...I'm all over the place!! We'll get it set before Month 2! We HAVE to!

biged335~Great job! Getting the correct form is what's most important! I have a HRM ~ Polar FT4.

jennieodwyer~You'll get Cardio Abs in! Baby needed some attention!! But I'm sure you'll hit play soon!! Get at it girl!!

shakemybooty~Mr. Evil-Cry uncle! LOL :laugh: TOO FUNNY!! I'm really looking forward to Recovery Week now!! You crack me up.

ceelovejay~Awesome!! Glad your seeing progress. It's those NSVs that keep us pushing through!

LeeAlley~LOL :laugh: :laugh: I'm laughing so I don't cry!! I'm finishing up week 3 so I'll keep laughing until Month 2!!!
  • jchapa83
    Hello all!

I am soooo HAPPY =))
    That's great! Congrats!! I think I might end up crying at the end too. :laugh: Do you mind posting your fit test results (day 1 and day 63)?

Thank you!

I don't have them with me, I will post them later when I get home =)
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Hello All! I am back after my off day yesterday.

My much needed massage this weekend was AWESOME! It helped me get through Max Interval Circuit today. I seriously do despise Frog Jumps. They always kick my butt for some reason. :(

Ms. Booty - :laugh: I :heart: your description and narration! :)

Jchapa83 - Congratulations on finishing a round of Insanity :)

Great job to those that have gotten your workout in today :)
  • alyssa83202
    alyssa83202 Posts: 334
    I finished week 1 (today is my rest day and tomorrow is the first day of week 2)! I also did cardio abs on top of pure cardio this week even though we're not supposed to add that in til next week because I was over on my calories that day and I needed to burn some more! I was tired, but I felt really good about it when I was done. I'm really liking Insanity so far.

Also, my younger siblings wanted to do one of the workouts when I was home for the weekend, so I let them do the fit test. They are 6 and 8 and it was really cute, and I was actually really impressed by their endurance. They both did every move for the full 60 seconds and their numbers were way higher than mine (but their form wasn't the best, which is to be expected at their age :smile: ) It was really cute though and they had a lot of fun doing it!
This discussion has been closed.