Ladies! Pantie lines at the gym, how do you avoid them??

Do you have a favorite pantie that doesnt show ? do you go for a thong? or do you go without at all?:blushing: I am really having a hard time with finding just the right panty, and I am sick of buying new ones all the time, trying to find the right one. I have t he double whammy of teaching classes, and being up in front of 30 + people and know they are staring at my butt and my panty lines. I have tried it all, and I still struggle with this .
HELP! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I'm curious about everyone's answers too.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I always wear a thong cause I HATE wedgies. It's the only time I wear thongs except for really nice dresses that absolutely cannot have panty lines!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Lol, I wouldn't worry that everyone's staring at your underwear lines.. they're probably concentrating on themselves! That being said, just wear a thong, lace panties that properly fit (if they dont cut in, they wont be visible), or go commando. :wink: I wear a thong myself. It's unhygienic to wear no undies, and I don't like how panties ride up my bum cheeks, lol.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    I always wear a thong cause I HATE wedgies. It's the only time I wear thongs except for really nice dresses that absolutely cannot have panty lines!

I wear one DAILY , BUT , I just can not do it at the gym, they do not stay in place with all the kicks, lunges, squats, ect.....

NEXT !
  • believetoachieve
    The kind I love the MOST are these ones. The band is lace, so it doesn't "cut in" to your hips/flab/whatever lol. Every company has them too.. I've bought/seen them at la senza, aerie, victoria's secret, etc etc!

lace_thong_bikini.jpg
  • Tamishumate
    Lol, I wouldn't worry that everyone's staring at your underwear lines.. they're probably concentrating on themselves! That being said, just wear a thong, lace panties that properly fit (if they dont cut in, they wont be visible), or go commando. :wink: I wear a thong myself. It's unhygienic to wear no undies, and I don't like how panties ride up my bum cheeks, lol.

When I am up there, leading a class, YES, they are staring at my butt, Even more so when I tell them to check out my form, LOL
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I wear one DAILY , BUT , I just can not do it at the gym, they do not stay in place with all the kicks, lunges, squats, ect.....

NEXT !

Really? I wear a tiny string one. I got a bunch at Rue 21 and I bought them small so they're tight and stay in place. Now of course they're all too big and I need to get new ones!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Wear boxers :P
  • Tamishumate
    The kind I love the MOST are these ones. The band is lace, so it doesn't "cut in" to your hips/flab/whatever lol. Every company has them too.. I've bought/seen them at la senza, aerie, victoria's secret, etc etc!

lace_thong_bikini.jpg

LMAO, YES, I have had those from VS .hmmmm
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Wear mesh athletic gear instead of tight stuff if you're so worried about it.
  • zenchik115
    zenchik115 Posts: 19 Member
    I dont like wearing a thong to workout either...i wear one everyday but when I am really working out it drives me insane! I wear UnderArmour boy shorts...with the reg UA undies you will still get lines...but I have found the boyshorts come down far enough that I dont have pantie lines...just my preference...goodluck :) oh and I saw your ticker...congrats woman! good work :)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member

NEXT !

no offense but eww! I cannot wear a thong at the gym. not when i know i'm going to be sweating.

Tammy you need to get these, VICTORIA SECRET LACE WAIST BOYSHORT ....trust me i am a big booty girl and any move I make usually gives me wedgies haha.
    V319556.jpg

click here===> http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265445908918&c=Page&cid=1300104437192&pagename=vsdWrapper

Not only are these wedgie free, they stay in place, no VPL are SEXY AND COMFY :bigsmile:

My VS currently has these 7 for $25 which is pretty damn good if u ask me.

Be careful tho, don't get the lace trim hipster, that is wedgie central. hahah:noway:
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    I am curious about this too. I have panties that I LOVE for jeans and work pants but they are not good for working out because of panty lines too...I also sweat A LOT when I work out so my shirt is wet and my :blushing: butt cheek/thigh line gets wet lines too :blushing: Any ideas on disguising this?
  • believetoachieve

When I am up there, leading a class, YES, they are staring at my butt, Even more so when I tell them to check out my form, LOL

I know, but I meant that it doesn't really matter to most people who peek! When I go to group fitness classes, I know that the leader is gonna have some panty malfunctions at some point - we're all human! I've "seen" her panty lines, but I don't really "notice" them, if you know what I mean. It's so easy to overlook.. so don't stress it too much - we're all in the same ballpark! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member

lace_thong_bikini.jpg
    That's exactly the kind I wear, they're great,,,you get fairly good coverage, so there is no "flossing" yet they don't show because the lace is so flat.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Commando!
  • believetoachieve
    I am curious about this too. I have panties that I LOVE for jeans and work pants but they are not good for working out because of panty lines too...I also sweat A LOT when I work out so my shirt is wet and my :blushing: butt cheek/thigh line gets wet lines too :blushing: Any ideas on disguising this?

Wear dark colours. Black works best.. grey works WORST! Cotton also shows sweat, whereas polyester doesn't. :bigsmile:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    I never really gave this much thought. I mostly have baggy workout "wind pants" cause I'm too lazy to buy new clothes til I get a little closer to my goal...in my "yoga pants" that are more form fitting they can probably see panty lines, but if they're staring at my fat *kitten* while I'm jogging ever so slowly on the treadmill...they deserve it. LOL.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member

NEXT !
    If you have a generous booty, as do I, these will definatly show panty lines!

no offense but eww! I cannot wear a thong at the gym. not when i know i'm going to be sweating.

Tammy you need to get these, VICTORIA SECRET LACE WAIST BOYSHORT ....trust me i am a big booty girl and any move I make usually gives me wedgies haha.
    V319556.jpg

click here===> http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265445908918&c=Page&cid=1300104437192&pagename=vsdWrapper

Not only are these wedgie free, they stay in place, no VPL are SEXY AND COMFY :bigsmile:

My VS currently has these 7 for $25 which is pretty damn good if u ask me.

Be careful tho, don't get the lace trim hipster, that is wedgie central. hahah:noway:
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    can i bump this?!? :laugh:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member

Gawd, me too! I know it's good that I'm exerting myself, but embarassing...I keep forgetting to wear a dark colored shirt to spin class (where I probably sweat the most)...ick...
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member

lace_thong_bikini.jpg

I found that these are ok for doing light workouts but not for high intensity/ lots of movement workouts if u know what i mean. I do bootcamp 3x a week and these wud def move around. I find that the boxshorts I recommended above not only stay in place but hold my tummy in place too! :)
  • dietcokeplease
    dietcokeplease Posts: 29 Member
    Victoria's Secret makes a yoga panty that doesn't show lines and doesn't move around. Try Lululemon too.
  • husker_gal

Wear dark colours. Black works best.. grey works WORST! Cotton also shows sweat, whereas polyester doesn't. :bigsmile:

I wear black yoga type pants...they are a cotton/poly blend. I sweat so much sometimes that I hate to wear polyester because it doesn't breathe as well.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Commando!

Exactly!
  • Tamishumate

you need to wear wicking type pants, then the sweat doesnt show. THAT MUCH I KNOW!
  • husker_gal

Gawd, me too! I know it's good that I'm exerting myself, but embarassing...I keep forgetting to wear a dark colored shirt to spin class (where I probably sweat the most)...ick...

I'll have to see if I can find some looser fitting pants...not that it would really matter for the sweat line though probably...oh well. I'm working out it's not like I'm not SUPPOSED to be sweating! haha
  • Tamishumate
    Victoria's Secret makes a yoga panty that doesn't show lines and doesn't move around. Try Lululemon too.

I have those, From PINK, ugh, I still feel like they move, I have to get over them staring at my butt.. Of course a dude is always right behind me. LOL
  • I don't think I'd wear a thong working out... what with the sweat factor (and if you're not sweating, you're doing something wrong). I would either not worry about it or don't wear skin tight clothes. I figure if you CAN'T see a panty line, your girly bits probably aren't getting enough breathing room and that can result in things like yeast infections. Not trying to be gross, just keepin it real.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Ladies, ladies, ladies.

Black yoga pants/leggings/shorts with no panties is the answer to every question I've seen in this thread. No wedgies, no panty lines, no sweat stains, no problem.

Edited to add: If you're wearing shorts, make sure they're bike or volleyball shorts so you don't flash the entire gym....as much as they might wish you would.