Thread Killahs!

Options

Replies

• zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    Way to go Rachel!

I did a one hour bike ride. 623 calories total. Which I'll need going out for dinner tonight.

It is finally starting to feel like spring.
  • WinKitty
    WinKitty Posts: 119
    Options
    Wii Fit, 1 hour: 877 calories burned according to my HRM. :D
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Nice job, killer burn, Killahs! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Doh - except for me. :embarassed: Short by quite a bit - ran yesterday, still not up to running on adjacent days, so I just did a little bit of strength training, came in under 100 per HRM. Rest assured I have not been sedentary all day :laugh: I walk around on Saturdays (Farmer's Market and errands), but don't log it b/c same activity level prior to trying to get healthy.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am checking in. Being without the internet at my fingertips is very hard. lol. I gaining back a weight rather than losing because there is nothing to do except fight with my kids. and that gets old and stressful. Which makes me want to eat. Vicious cycle. The only thing that keeps me busy is the book I am writing. And I can only do that for so long a day. lol. Ive been averaging about 4,000 words a day. Im hoping to be finished by next week. Imagine being so bored as to write a whole novel in 2 weeks. I could have it done even now if I have tried. lol.

Good to see everyone is doing well and actively killing! :laugh:
  • UpToAnyCool
    Options
    Imagine being so bored as to write a whole novel in 2 weeks. I could have it done even now if I have tried. lol.

Good to see everyone is doing well and actively killing! :laugh:

WOW - that is seriously super productive! I salute you!

Sorry about the gain - I don't have kids, but I agree about 'stress' being a factor. Hang in there - we're here for you. Not letting your thread die!!! :laugh:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :happy: Good evening, Killahs!! Looks like the daily Challenges are going good. Do we want to continue them? Any body have any suggestions for new Challenges? Or I can keep throwing new ones out there.
    :drinker: I burned 499 calories at Curves this morning--My Highest Burn EVER!!!
    :sick: Loopy, are you OK? You look sort of Green around the............Well everything! LOL!!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :happy: It is almost Midnight here, so I will post a Sunday Challenge for you Killahs if you choose to take time off your killing work.
    Since it is Sunday, it might be a day of rest for some of us.
    :heart: Today share at least One Non-Scale Victory that you have experianced so far in your Journey.
  • rachel1975f
    rachel1975f Posts: 894
    Options
    :happy: It is almost Midnight here, so I will post a Sunday Challenge for you Killahs if you choose to take time off your killing work.
    Since it is Sunday, it might be a day of rest for some of us.
    :heart: Today share at least One Non-Scale Victory that you have experianced so far in your Journey.

Good morning, group, hope everyone is well.:drinker: I woke up with a nasty cold this morning, and I am doing a 3K walk today, a charitable thing for a local soup kitchen. I think it is going to a long day!! :noway:

So my NSV's - I have two to share: one is being able to move around so much easier. When I was at my heaviest, I had extreme joint pain in my knees, and going up and down stairs, even getting out of chair, caused pain. No more!! It's great...:smile: The second: I am now off my daily heartburn medicine!!

Happy Sunday, everyone!!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Rachel, I hope that your 3K went well and that you are feeling better.
    My Hubby and I walked a little over 4 miles this evening before Dinner. I needed to burn off the Fish And Chicken Church Dinner we had today:laugh: It was delicious, of course, but I am glad that I don't eat like that very often.
  • UpToAnyCool
    Options
    Sounds like a nice day, Killahs, all around!

Rachel - saw your post on the News Feed so looks like you toughed it out and did your 3K - and for a good cause! Bravo!

This is not so impressive, my main NSV thus far has been going from anticipating the 'rest' days between runs to really looking forward to the run days and not being so excited about the days off (for strength training). :laugh:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Loopy, I think that is VERY impressive, because it shows that your BRAIN has changed. That is even more important than your weight because your Body CAN'T change until your BRAIN does!!
    :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work, Killahs!!
  • zave
    Options
    Happy Monday Killahs! Wow, if every weekend was like this one, I would be in trouble. (ugh. My age changed on here also. I was hoping it would have stayed on 51. Ha!)

I gotta catch up with the thread, but first my NSV. Being tall and thin, when I gain weight it goes right to the belly area. So I'm glad to say my pant waist size went from a 38 to a 34, and hopefully soon to a 32. :happy:

Keep killing it, Killahs!
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    LC- That is so true about the brain changing. I have that too in relation to food. I still have bad days, but I find when Im shopping instead of saying "That looks good, lets get it!" And reasoning that the kids will enjoy it (tricky stinking mind anyways!). To, "That DOES look good, but I think I'll pass." And here is the kicker. I am SO over my COKE addiction! I cant even stomach the thought of buying it anymore. THATS true NSV and progress. I went from drinking 1-2 cases a day to maybe one every couple of months. I dont even enjoy it so for the last few weeks I havent even thought to get any. I prefer my iced tea.... Unsweetened, unless its mcds... Then it has to be sweetened cuz they make the worst tea around. However, they have the biggest cup. and if Im spending a dollar on something to drink... Im getting the most I can. :laugh:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, ZAVE!!!:flowerforyou: We could have had a Killah Party!!! You are getting BETTER, NOT Older. Anybody can get OLD. We are MFP Killahs, and we are SPECIAL!!:heart:
    Tannie, I LOVE McDonalds Coffee, but I hear ya on wanting to get the biggest Cup for the money. Congratulations on breaking up with Coke, That is AWESOME!!
    Go out and make your Monday ROCK!!!!
  • UpToAnyCool
    Options
    Yes - happy Belated Birthday, Zave! :glasses: :happy: I agree with LJ, you are getting WISER, not OLDER!!!
    It's safer to have vodka near the table than malbec if you're doing taxes - IF anything spills. :embarassed: :laugh: But yes, even I waited until the taxes were DONE to indulge a bit. I'm sure your mother appreciates having a son that will do her taxes for her on his birthday weekend! :flowerforyou:

@Tanniew78 : That's great that you don't miss the coke too much. I also have stopped buying it and keeping it in the house. I'm one of those people that LOVES classic coke w/ all the sugar, especially w/ pepperoni pizza. :laugh: I still indulge once in while, but not nearly as often as before! My teeth have been thanking me...:laugh:

ETA: Anyone up for a Monday challenge? Try to get over 20g of fiber? <== :noway: :laugh:
    Not exciting, per se, but I usually try to exceed the amount MFP recommends... :smile:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Great idea, Loopy! I'm off to count my Fiber!!
  • zave
    Options
    Thanks LJ and Loopy! You guys are too sweet. I hope I am wiser. If not.....well.... at least I'm another year closer to the early bird specials. Ha ha

Off for flax seeds for my shake. I heart fiber! (yeah, that looks as weird as it sounded in my head)

Good challenge Loopy!
  • rachel1975f
    rachel1975f Posts: 894
    Options
    Hey killahs, I am down with the cold, in bed all morning. Don't' think I will doing the fiber challenge today, don't have much of an appetite.

Congrats on all those NSV's, good luck with the challenge, and belated birthday greetings, Zave!!

Hopefully I will be back on my game tomorrow. Back to bed!!
  • zave
    Options
    Hey killahs, I am down with the cold, in bed all morning. Don't' think I will doing the fiber challenge today, don't have much of an appetite.

Congrats on all those NSV's, good luck with the challenge, and belated birthday greetings, Zave!!

Hopefully I will be back on my game tomorrow. Back to bed!!

Thanks Rachel! Rest up and get rid of that cold!

Hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • UpToAnyCool
    Options
    Hope all you killahs had a good Monday to start off this week!

(Get well soon, Rachel!)

I came in at 32g Fiber today. I don't eat it everyday, but I love popcorn cooked right on the stove!! :laugh: That was helpful!
    Have a good evening Killahs!

Thread got a good nap this afternoon!