C25K (Couch to 5 K) ~ Week 2

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Jenyfur... I'm just getting back into it after some time off. I'm gonna stick with W3 until I feel like I can move on. At LEAST 3 more runs, probably 20+ more runs. :laugh:
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    You do it on your own terms!! Let me know if you need motivation.. You help me so much!
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I start day 1 of week 4. I can't wait!
  • CarolMorris66
    Options
    Hey, completed two of my W4 runs... what was I worried about?.... I can not believe my increased stamina.... the second 5 minute run was slightly harder, but considering way back during W1 we found that difficult and now we are running for 5 minutes... I just can't stop smiling!

One more W4 and onto the major W5, now that is going to be more difficult... surely? 8 whole minute of running :-o

Soooooo glad I run with a friend who is not on here... she doesn't want to fall behind me and I certainly don't want to fall behind her..... just the sort of running pal you need... keeps those feets plodding!!!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    Ran W3D1 on Sunday. Can't believe how much I enjoy getting out and doing this!

It sounds like everyone is steadily moving forward - way to go! It's amazing how fast our bodies can strengthen, isn't it?

Jenyfur - Lillian was beautiful. I'm sure you miss her every day. I've always thought I would love to have a great dane. No little dogs for me!

Keep on running everybody!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    You do it on your own terms!! Let me know if you need motivation.. You help me so much!
    Thanks! :heart: I'll let you know. :bigsmile:

jmdoane... Have a great run!

carolah... That's great that you have a buddy that's about at the same level as you! It's great to hear you are moving along nicely!

Good run Bif! :happy:
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Great job everyone!
    Bif, If you ever have a chance to get a Dane, Do it... They are the best couch potatos in the world. Good job on your running and keep it up... I can't believe that I like it too.

Carolah- Week 5 is not too bad. I was a little scared at first, but it is ok.
    JM- Week four is good, I wanted to run a little extra during this week so I did. Keep it up!!!

Happy running and I will post Wed evening on W5D2.... 8 min runs.....
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Ok. W5D2 Done... Not too bad. I actually ran the last stint for 10 minutes instead of 8. I am trying to get ready for a 5 K in May... :) Very relaxing for me... NEVER thought I would sat that....:)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I'm taking a little break from running for the time being. :blushing: It's too "all or nothing" for me, and I on some psychological level, I think it's affecting my other workouts (I'm not getting any of them in!). Keep on running! I'll still be supporting your runs on your profile feeds. :drinker:
  • christmasbow
    Options
    I just finished week4day3 yesterday. I'm glad to have made it through, though I admit that even though I did it years before I get paranoid about running for 20 minutes straight. It seems like a large jump from everything we've ever done. To those who have finished that week, did you just go for it and plow through or did you repeat one of the other days first? Thanks - you all make all the difference in the world!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    W5D3 done! Christmasbow, Absolutely go for it. It wasn't bad at all. I went slow at first and then sped things up a bit. It was fine! Good Luck!
  • SavBrookeS
    SavBrookeS Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hi, I am on week 2, and it is hard lol. I can't wait until my endurance builds up.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I just finished week4day3 yesterday. I'm glad to have made it through, though I admit that even though I did it years before I get paranoid about running for 20 minutes straight. It seems like a large jump from everything we've ever done. To those who have finished that week, did you just go for it and plow through or did you repeat one of the other days first? Thanks - you all make all the difference in the world!

I did it last week. I just went for it. I had to take a ~60 second break about half way through the jogging interval, but I'm proof that it can be done. LOL :bigsmile: A lot of people say, and I truly believe, that it is all mental.

I did W6D2 today. The first minute of the jogging interval was TOUGH... ugh! I didn't think I would make it. But I kept telling myself, just finish this song, then the next song...Eventually, I made it to 10 minutes. The second 10 minute interval was a challenge too, but I just kept telling myself, you can make it through this song, you can make it to the next turn, etc. Little goals along the way kept me going to reach the end.

My first 5K (EVER!!) is two weeks from today. I'm really striving to keep pushing myself through this program. I won't be finished, but I'll be close. I'm sure I'll be super-slow, but my goal is to at least run most of it.

Glad to see this thread is still going. It's great to see everyone still plugging away! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • BifDiehl
    Options
    Kath - your first 5K - that's awesome!! Be sure to post and let us know how it was. My first 5K is at the end of June.

Ran W3D2 in the rain on Friday after work. I had been looking forward to getting out to run all day at work, I get home and get ready, look out side and it's RAINING. Like raining hard. I wavered for a minute, said 'screw it', grabbed a visor to keep the rain out of my face, and out I went! I actually decided I kind of liked running in the rain. :tongue: So don't let the rain stop you!

Jenyfuy - I'm going to get fitted for shoes on Saturday! Yay! I am soooo excited.

Heading out today after work for my last day of week 3!

Go run everybody! :drinker:
  • christmasbow
    Options
    Thank you for Kath and Jenyfur for the motivation to just go for it on week5day3! Today I did week5day1 and it wasn't too bad at all. I even noticed that my heart rate isn't quite as high as it used to be in the beginning! Oh, Kath good luck on your first 5K - you will do great and absolutely love it!
  • BifDiehl
    Options
    @ Sav - welcome! Your endurance will build - it's amazing how fast we can change!

Ran W3D3 yesterday, so tomorrow or Wednesday I start Week 4! I"m a little scared of the 5 minutes :ohwell:

How's everybody doing??
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    I just finished Wk6 D2... I ran late and got a little bored, but that's ok... I have a 30 min run on Friday,... It will be fine, put some good tunes on and away I will go..
    How is everyone doing...Bif??
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in this thread for awhile, but I'm on the last week! I was doing the workouts by time, not distance, so I was all ready for my 30 min runs, but I decided to go for it and have done two 5K jogs so far this week :) My time today was 35:50 - not even close to competitive, but my main focus is keeping my HR under 180! The pace I was doing originally was too much once I got to the long runs and my HR was getting close to 190.
  • karen1612
    karen1612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    wow this sounds great! i'll have to look at getting involved from week one. i'm new to all this so will have a search though....
  • christmasbow
    Options
    Just did week 5 day 2 tonight and it felt good. My legs didn't bother me at all! In a way it seems easier because I am doing this on a treadmill and with shorter run times, I have to keep looking down at the timer which only seems to frustrate me that time never goes by as fast as I had been hoping. Another crazy week at work, so it's been 6 days since I ran. How much time can you let pass in between runs before I should either repeat the week or go back a week? Any thoughts?