Want real peanut butter for fewer calories?

Replies

• jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Have you ever tried PB2?

It is powdered peanut butter that you mix with water and very comparable to regular peanut butter taste.

The only problem is that I can only find it online at bellplantation.com and it is a little expensive for me because you have to buy in bulk. They sell them for $15.96 + shipping and handling for 4 jars of the peanut butter.

Anyway, it is 45 calories for 2 tbsp instead of 180 calories.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Great idea. Thanks for sharing
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    I have never heard of Greek Yogurt. Where do you find it? Is there a brand name I should look for?
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    One of my friends on here provided a link to a website that sells PB2 for $3.99 for a 6.5 oz jar. They also have PB2 with chocolate, which she says is great!!! I just ordered it :bigsmile:

http://www26.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    bump!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Fabulous suggestion! Thanks!!!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Sounds great! Thanks for the idea!
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    One of my friends on here provided a link to a website that sells PB2 for $3.99 for a 6.5 oz jar. They also have PB2 with chocolate, which she says is great!!! I just ordered it :bigsmile:

http://www26.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html

That's awesome! Thanks!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Definitely want to try, thanks for the post. Plain greek yogurt?

Yep, plain. I usually buy the enormous tubs of Fage 0% at Costco. Flavored Greek Yogurts won't last as long and tend to be higher in sugar and calories while lower in protein. That's why I add my own vanilla extract and spices. However, anyone is welcomed to try it with different flavors! Tell me how it is!
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    bumb!! Awesome!!
  • dragonbug300
    How long will it keep?

I would stick to the expiration date on the Greek Yogurt container.
  • h011yp0p
    h011yp0p Posts: 14
    Sweet imma try this when I get home--how much is that Greek yogurt
  • dragonbug300
    I have never heard of Greek Yogurt. Where do you find it? Is there a brand name I should look for?

Nonfat Greek Yogurt is gaining popularity like crazy. The idea is that they strain the whey out of nonfat milk (which is excellent for me, since I have a whey allergy). It's higher in protein than any other yogurt and has a rich, creamy consistency.
    You can find it in almost any grocery store. The two best-known brands are "Fage 0%" and "Oikos". Others are Chobani, Greek Gods, Siggis, and Dannon (although Dannon's version isn't real GY, it has similar nutritional stats)
    You'll find individual tubs of these brands, but look for the large bulk tubs. They're cheaper per ounce and more practical for this recipe.
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    bump!
  • dragonbug300
    Sweet imma try this when I get home--how much is that Greek yogurt

The Fage 0% at Costco, for a 32oz tub, is about $6.99.
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Great recipe thanks!
  • traceyann1214
    traceyann1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Such a great idea!! Can't wait to try it.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    forgive me but this is like "Want real beer for fewer calories" take one bottle of beer and add 4 bottles of water :sad:
  • prettyinpink117
    prettyinpink117 Posts: 30 Member
    bump!
  • Fitfreak199
    Fitfreak199 Posts: 11 Member
    I've never seen this one.......thanks for sharing!! Can't wait to try it!!!. How's it taste?