INSANITY CHALLENGE. ANY TAKERS??

Options
15678911»

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    okay so I am into week two now. This is kicking my *kitten*! All the jumping is startng to weigh (literally) on me. Jumping is not a bigger person strong suit, LOL

anyway. my right knee is makeing snap crackle pop sounds. any ideas on a supplement I can take to start repairing my knees so its not so gross sounding?

they do not hurt to much, nothing more than I think would be the norm for this workout so I am not concerned that I am damaging them. I am sure the sounds are because of damage already done by letting myself get overweght in the first place.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    okay so I am into week two now. This is kicking my *kitten*! All the jumping is startng to weigh (literally) on me. Jumping is not a bigger person strong suit, LOL

anyway. my right knee is makeing snap crackle pop sounds. any ideas on a supplement I can take to start repairing my knees so its not so gross sounding?

The popping is most likely air. My favorite joint supplement is Universal's Animal Flex. You can find it about most health/supplement stores or online at www.bodybuilding.com. If any soreness sets in, the Animal Flex will help with that, also Aleve Gel Caps. If any PAIN sets in then take a day off and pick up from where you left off.

Good luck!!!
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    While I'm not doing the program as a whole right now...it was too much for me while getting ready for my first half marathon...I have been doing a couple dvd's each week for cross training. I just finished Core Cardio and Balance since Sunday's are my long run days and I love the stretches in this program as a whole!! I'm amazed that I can run 10 miles and know I've put in a good workout but after about 40 minutes of this I'm dripping with sweat!! I love it! I'm excited to start back up again in a couple weeks to do the entire program from start to finish. I signed up for a Warrior Dash (3.3 mile race with an obstacle course) and this is my motivation to DIG DEEP!!!
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

The popping is most likely air. My favorite joint supplement is Universal's Animal Flex. You can find it about most health/supplement stores or online at www.bodybuilding.com. If any soreness sets in, the Animal Flex will help with that, also Aleve Gel Caps. If any PAIN sets in then take a day off and pick up from where you left off.

Good luck!!!

After every insanity workout I ice both knees for atleast 30 mins.........two more weeks left in month 2
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yep--- my knees were killing me by the end of Insanity even while maintaining good form and landing softly. I finished Insanity, but rather than starting it over I transitioned to a hybrid program of P90x and Insanity to give my knees a bit of a break. The hybrid is working well for me...
  • squintyme
    squintyme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 and find I 'm starving the next day. i have to workout very late so have a protein shake after then bed. The next day I just crave carbs constantly its so hard to resist!

I find push ups impossible as I weigh 180lbs and I cannot push that, I really need to get lighter so I can improve! I really love it though.