Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so good! I'm so close to reaching 30 total pounds lost! (some was lost prior to MFP) I need to lose 0.8 lbs this week! I'm hoping I can do it, now that it seems I am over my plateau (knock on wood!). Hope you all have a great week! Happy exercising! :happy:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Another workout meeting my 30min/300cal goal, done! Only 4 more to go this week.

My ankle is feeling a bit weak so I only did 6min of running, and just worked with my inclines to burn the calories. I need to assess my form. I think maybe I'm landing too much on my heels and not enough on the ball/middle of my foot. It's so hard to tell though.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    You ladies are amazing, you really make me rethink my lame excuses!
    Rach, I :heart: the new pic!!

I took some pictures in my new swimsuit Sunday, everytime I look at them I'm reminded how much I love Jillian Michaels.

Goals for this week-
    - 30DS 5X
    - NO CHOCOLATE
    - BL Power Sculpt X3
    - WATER!!
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I also had my routine mucked up with 4 12 hr night shifts this weekend and 2 of them at an out-of-town sight fri and sat...ugh. i got by this weekend on a series of naps including on my office floor on monday after I had to stay around for a meeting later in the AM after I got off of work at 7. Somehow did something to my shoulder doing that so even now that I'm caught up on sleep I had to skip bodypump tonight because my shoulder is hurting so badly.

The good news, I weighed in at 190.0 today, back down to my SW for this 5 weeks. now 5 weeks to make some progress in the other direction :)
  • GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    5k done, did it on the treadmill despite the knees...ugh...

61 minutes- decent start time to improve on...lol
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Great job, everybody!

My goal for today, tomorrow & Thursday is to burn at least 500 calories each day. Friday AM I'm heading on a roadtrip, so my only goal starting then is to have fun!;D
    I love this attitude!
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Another workout meeting my 30min/300cal goal, done! Only 4 more to go this week.

My ankle is feeling a bit weak so I only did 6min of running, and just worked with my inclines to burn the calories. I need to assess my form. I think maybe I'm landing too much on my heels and not enough on the ball/middle of my foot. It's so hard to tell though.
    Have you gone to a running store to be fitted for shoes? They will watch you run and recommend shoes to help compensate for form issues.
  • TanyaLee122175
    TanyaLee122175 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job ladies...

Goals for this week: I go to the doctor today about my knee so we shall see what excercise I can do

Drink More water

Watch the bad carbs.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Good job ladies :) Can't believe we are at the halfway mark.

I'm feeling a little frustrated today. My FIL stayed the night with us Sunday night and last night (don't get me started on him). Since I do TurboFire at home in the mornings in the living room, I have been unable to do it for two days because he sleeps in the living room when he stays over. I'm really getting antsy. I hate for my routine to be messed with, and I was really in the groove of daily workouts. I'm praying he's gone when I get home so that I can workout tonight. Then tomorrow, which is my usual rest day, I will make up yesterday's workout and be back on track 100% I hope. Hate this feeling, though.
    I completely understand you. Between a emotionally exhausting funeral and a physically exhuasting buisness trip I have been off of my exercise groove for 2 weeks! I takes a lot of oomph get up in the morning like that and to eventually like it! It's a super bummer to get thrown off your routine and I know for a fact I'm having a horrible time getting back on it. Two days of excuses! Let's hope we can get it back tomorrow!
    How'd you do this morning? I didn't get to do anything last night (long story) but got back to it this morning. So I am only one workout behind. I don't feel like I gave it 100% today, maybe I just need to get back into the groove. But managed to burn around 470 calories. So that's good I guess.

What kind of "diet" is everyone on? I don't know if I'm just impatient or what, but I feel like I'm not seeing results fast enough. I know I don't eat perfect, but man I feel like this is sloooow going. Thinking of trying the "slow carb diet." Anyone tried it?
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    Good job ladies :) Can't believe we are at the halfway mark.

I'm feeling a little frustrated today. My FIL stayed the night with us Sunday night and last night (don't get me started on him). Since I do TurboFire at home in the mornings in the living room, I have been unable to do it for two days because he sleeps in the living room when he stays over. I'm really getting antsy. I hate for my routine to be messed with, and I was really in the groove of daily workouts. I'm praying he's gone when I get home so that I can workout tonight. Then tomorrow, which is my usual rest day, I will make up yesterday's workout and be back on track 100% I hope. Hate this feeling, though.
    I completely understand you. Between a emotionally exhausting funeral and a physically exhuasting buisness trip I have been off of my exercise groove for 2 weeks! I takes a lot of oomph get up in the morning like that and to eventually like it! It's a super bummer to get thrown off your routine and I know for a fact I'm having a horrible time getting back on it. Two days of excuses! Let's hope we can get it back tomorrow!
    How'd you do this morning? I didn't get to do anything last night (long story) but got back to it this morning. So I am only one workout behind. I don't feel like I gave it 100% today, maybe I just need to get back into the groove. But managed to burn around 470 calories. So that's good I guess.

What kind of "diet" is everyone on? I don't know if I'm just impatient or what, but I feel like I'm not seeing results fast enough. I know I don't eat perfect, but man I feel like this is sloooow going. Thinking of trying the "slow carb diet." Anyone tried it?
    Yeahhhh... not well at all. But I'm super glad you were able to jump back on. I'm sure you'll be back at 100 in no time!

Daggumit! Can I have a magical genie that comes, wakes me up and then GETS me up? Cause that would be awesome. I really love my workouts in the morning and this "but the bed is comfy" stuff is killing me.

Come on brain! 2.5 weeks ago you were all gungho about it!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I think I figured out why my ankle is bothering me. I sit with my leg up under me at work and it always hurts when I get up to move around. I'm going to be consciously aware of it and keep my feet on the ground!!
  • greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Great job last week (it's my first time checking in). Weigh in: 171.5 lb, loss of 1 lb. Glad we're all doing so well, and I love everyone's can-do attitude!

Goals this week:
    -5 work outs, at least 400cal/session
    -drink more water (let's say I'm working my way up...)
    -no alcohol! I think I haven't been losing as much because I've been getting wasted. Dial it back!

Hopefully next week I'll break into the 160s?!! I'm an optimist lol.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Hi ladies! Great job last week (it's my first time checking in). Weigh in: 171.5 lb, loss of 1 lb. Glad we're all doing so well, and I love everyone's can-do attitude!

Goals this week:
    -5 work outs, at least 400cal/session
    -drink more water (let's say I'm working my way up...)
    -no alcohol! I think I haven't been losing as much because I've been getting wasted. Dial it back!

Hopefully next week I'll break into the 160s?!! I'm an optimist lol.

I have the same problem.
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am already up a pound since Monday's weigh in. It was a rough Monday and Tuesday for me. And TOM is coming (which might be why my Monday and Tuesday were out of control), so my weigh in next Monday will most certainly be up 1-2 lbs. I am really not a happy girl right now. I am so sick of losing one, gaining one, back and forth, up and down. I don't even have that much weight to lose but my goodness it's been such a struggle. I am so frustrated this week.

Okay, so maybe I'm PMSing a little...:angry:
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I am already up a pound since Monday's weigh in. It was a rough Monday and Tuesday for me. And TOM is coming (which might be why my Monday and Tuesday were out of control), so my weigh in next Monday will most certainly be up 1-2 lbs. I am really not a happy girl right now. I am so sick of losing one, gaining one, back and forth, up and down. I don't even have that much weight to lose but my goodness it's been such a struggle. I am so frustrated this week.

Okay, so maybe I'm PMSing a little...:angry:
    This is me also. I think TOM will be coming at the end of this week. I wish he would just go away.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, PinUps!!! I just needed to share a tiny bit of excitement given the way the last two weeks have been for me food/exercise wise...

I decided to bite the bullet and start using the recumbent bike as of yesterday (it bores me to tears) and got on the blasted thing again today. While I hate the bike and would MUCH rather be running, I'm glad that I am getting in a better calorie burn than I have been recently. I've also been MUCH better about my food choices this week, even telling the BF that I would prefer to eat at home rather than go out last night!

This morning, I stepped on the scale and was 3 lbs lighter than on Monday! Granted, my weekend was full of sodium due to eating dinner out all weekend so I'm sure much of it is water weight, but I'm starting to feel good again, and for me feeling good is a HUGE factor in my ability to stay on track.

Keep up the great work, gals!!!!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Since I havent exercised for the week as yet...my goal is to exercise everyday that is left...
    I think its time for me to switch things up a lil....so I will like to start the C25K programme...I really think jogging will help me lose weight fatser..... since I finally got off my plateau I relly want to push so I wont get stuck again
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    I WILL work out tonight . . . . ***yawn***

I WILL work out tonight . . . . ***sigh***

I WILL work out tonight . . . . ***yawn***

***yawn***sigh***

I WILL work out tonight!!!!!

ugh!

It's a rough one today, girls.
  • JoyousRen
    Options