No more late night snacks challenge

Options
Hello, MPFs,

I thought I'd follow the trend here and get me motivated by batelling this not on my own, but with other people. It just occured to me I just can't be the only one in this kind of trouble.

My context: The aerobic classes that I afford (and enjoy) attending are around 7pm, so since I should not eat big less than 2hrs before, I've got to eat something at some point after! Which means I get home at 8:30 - 9sh and I have a little bit of this, a little bit of that, while surfing the net and writing posts in the latest threads on MFP :happy: . This means I still have a little bit of this and a little bit of that even at 11pm :explode: .

Time to change that, since the watter weight is still a figure on the scale :grumble: and I must say, I am a scale addict! :embarassed: So I'm challenging myself to stop eating after 9. :drinker: (watter and tea only)

Game rules are easy. Following the idea of the binge thread, we count the days when we've stuck to our plan. Every time we fail, we go back to day 1. It's up to each of us to decide what's their acceptable hour for the latest snack or for dinner.

Anybody in? :wink: I'd be sooo happy not to be alone in this :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hello, MPFs,

I thought I'd follow the trend here and get me motivated by batelling this not on my own, but with other people. It just occured to me I just can't be the only one in this kind of trouble.

My context: The aerobic classes that I afford (and enjoy) attending are around 7pm, so since I should not eat big less than 2hrs before, I've got to eat something at some point after! Which means I get home at 8:30 - 9sh and I have a little bit of this, a little bit of that, while surfing the net and writing posts in the latest threads on MFP :happy: . This means I still have a little bit of this and a little bit of that even at 11pm :explode: .

Time to change that, since the watter weight is still a figure on the scale :grumble: and I must say, I am a scale addict! :embarassed: So I'm challenging myself to stop eating after 9. :drinker: (watter and tea only)

Game rules are easy. Following the idea of the binge thread, we count the days when we've stuck to our plan. Every time we fail, we go back to day 1. It's up to each of us to decide what's their acceptable hour for the latest snack or for dinner.

Anybody in? :wink: I'd be sooo happy not to be alone in this :flowerforyou:
  • msblondy16
    Options
    HI! I'm totally in, what a great challenge! I also have the problem of getting home late from the gym or the lab but I need to try all that I can to lose as much as I can (healthily!) in 5 weeks. I am going to set my time for 9 p.m. as well. I am hoping today will be day 1 for me. Yesterday/early this morning I had to eat late into the night because I was up until 4... boo.

Ok away with the water weight!!! Yay let's do this! :bigsmile:
  • HEALTHJUNKIE
    Options
    Count me in! My kids activities usually keep me out until around 8, so I eat dinner, then desert and go to bed. I then usually wake up around 10:45 and munch out on whatever I can find that has sugar in it! I'll set my time for 9pm too. I may not sleep well for a couple of days, but I REALLY need to cut out the middle of the night snacks! Thanks for putting this challenge out here :-)
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Hey, I'm in for this challenge! I'm setting my cut-off time at 7:30 PM because I usually go to bed around 9.
  • haleyk
    haleyk Posts: 58
    Options
    Not eating after 7pm has helped me lose 5lbs in the last 2 weeks. I guess I didn't realize how a few snacks add up. I do feel hungry at times but the weight in day is my reward.:wink:
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm in for this challenge. I tend to want to eat if I am up later. I will set mine for 8:30pm.

Good Luck everyone.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Yeay, I'm so so so happy. :flowerforyou: for all who joined - you are lovely! :wink:

Now today isn't gonna be my day no 1, but I am surely encouraged that I can do this, now that we're all in it together! And, hey, not a good time to panic (if you know the Chubchubs :laugh: ), but Christmas is so near (heh, who hasn't noticed, just by going to the grocery :ohwell: )

So yeah, let's do it. Today is my day 0, hehe :embarassed:
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm in, i normally end up snacking while i'm watching tv or on the computer even if i'm not hungry. I'm going to try and set my cut off time at 7:30 as i normally go to bed between 9-10. So only water or caffeine free tea for me after then. Its gonna be hard to do at first but i'm gonna try and stick too it. So today is going to be day 1 for me.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Welcome, rainbow, and good luck to you too :flowerforyou: . If this was easy for me, I wouldn't have started the thread :wink: . But hey, as haleyk put it, the weigh in day will be the payback time! :happy:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am so totally up for this challenge. I am a late night binge eater... I have a son with severe food allergies and I wait to eat the things he can't until he goes to bed. I hate myself after I eat everything I can think of. My hardest thing is that I love to eat and play pokerstars on the computer. I need the support not to eat this late at night.

106069.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    Too bad I didnt see this last night BEFORE I finished the pumpkin bread and quiche! This is a great challenge. Eating at night is definitely my downfall. By then, my resolve has weakened and I don't even bother to count the calories (like last night). Sometimes I actually am hungry and know I won't get to sleep if my stomach is growling, but mostly I just wander in search of something satisfying. (What does that mean?:laugh: )
    So, I think I'll make my cut-off time 9:30 p.m.since I never go to bed before 11:30. This way I can have a little something if I'm starved, but then it's over. I may come here looking to see who's awake and try to distract myself chatting with you instead of eating in the kitchen.
    Have a good week-end. Hopefully today will be day 1. Will let you know tomorrow.
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    Options
    I just had an idea to keep from eating after cut-off time. How about teeth-whiteneing strips? Can't eat anythign with those in your mouth. Lose weight AND get whiter teeth! Or, just floss and brush teeth at cut-off time. Who wants to floss twice?!
  • busdriver
    Options
    This is a great post. I have no problem logging into the diary for breakfast and lunch. But dinner time and late night snacks are my downfall. After dinner I just have to have something in my mouth. I am setting my cut off time at 7:30 pm. I read somewhere where eating to close to bedtime is not good for the stomach. I'm in!! :happy:
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Zaza, brushing teeth at cut-off time is a very good idea. Makes us aware of the commitment, right? Will try this myself.

wlhanisch, the computer is also the :devil: keeping me up late and it goes so well with snacking, doesn't it :grumble: ? Will it help if we both challenge each other into either reading books and telling each other what's worth reading next or into beginning tidying up the house (and pretty soon decorating :wink: ) for Christmas? :wink: How's that to you?
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I AM IN! NO FOOD FOR ME PAST 8:00pm. I will keep drinking my choclate milk before bed though! Thats 9ish.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Im in 10:00 pm is my cut off im in bed around 12 12:30.

Like everyone else im big night time eater. I usually dont eat my first meal till 3:00-5:00 i get up around 9-11:00 am. So by the end of the day im trying to eat all my calories and extra ones. Today will not be day one for as its 10:30 and well i have my vanilla pudding wating for me!
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Today is day 2 for me!!!
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Today is day 2 for me!!!

Way to go! This one's for you: dancing1.gif

I'll count today as my day 1, since I'm staying strong after going out with friends, but making sure we meet early enough for me to have my drink before 9. Well, I finished it shortly after, but today definitely counts as day 1 (since I'm typing here with bare hands :laugh: ).

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou: Love to see :love: this place getting crowded, hehe :glasses: .
  • dewpearl
    Options
    I just remembered how this feels like. Instead of waking up in the mornings with a bitter taste in my mouth and thinking "I don't deserve breakfast after easting so much last night, but I am hungry, phew :grumble: ", it'll be "YEAH! Breakfast time!". Hehe, guess we'll be dreaming chicken.gif the first couple of nights, huh, guys? :laugh:
  • zaza54
    Options
    I have managed so far not to eat past my 9:30 cut-off. :happy: Unfortuantley, I think it's because I ate half a quart of pralines n cream at 7:30. :grumble: My husband went to rent a video and detoured to B & R. :devil: I can't remember the last time I had ice cream. The only good thing about eating so much of it is that I don't think I'll want to eat it again for a very long time.
    I'm going to bed so I can count today as Day 1 of no late night snack. Thank you for starting this thread. I obviously need the help.
    Good night.