No more late night snacks challenge

Options

Replies

• HEALTHJUNKIE
    Options
    sadly, today is going to have to be my day 1. We went out with friends last night and didn't get home until almost midnight. The lowfat frozen yogurt was calling my name, so I ate the rest (1/2 pint) and then some sweetened dried mango. Now that the frozen yogurt is out of the house, I won't have the temptation :smile: I have now officially gained back 5 of the 35 I lost over the last 3 years, so it's time to get serious again! Happy Sunday!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Today will be my day 2. Chewing an Orbit, but I stopped eating even before 9. I don't see any danger coming my way :smile: . I think I'll get over my impatience and start counting the days in the mornings, the day after :smile: .

How's everyone else doing? Good luck, everyone :drinker: .
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Dewpearl,
    I like the whitening strip idea. I have never used them but I should. Tonight will be night 3. Last night we were at a wedding and all I had after 7:00pm was three M&M's and that was before 9:00 so I am good.

My sister-in-law was 100lbs (she's 4'10") before she had her last two babies. She started having supper at 6:00 sharp and no snacks afterward. Within three months she went from 140 down to 105. That was more than 10 lbs a month. She still ate everything else the same.... no diet foods or smaller portions... just NO snacking after supper. Not even when she makes her middle child a snack a 8:00pm...
    She wants to get down to 95lbs and I think she can do it just by not snacking late.

I hope I have nearly as much luck.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    RIGHT ON! This is so my downfall! The teethwhitening trick can only be done for a couple weeks though or they will be super sensative. But maybe that's the trick-too sore to eat, haha. Today will be Day1 for me and 8-830 will be cut off. So how are we to keep each other posted or looking for support? What are we calling this Challenge? I'm in so many now, I can't remember who to report to!:huh: Add me as a friend and put late night eaters as subject. Here's to tea and water.:drinker: hm4
  • phatchic91
    Options
    hey i'd luv 2 b in. hope i'm not 2late. i'm gonna start my time at 8:15 or so starting 2morrow. best of luck 2 u all!
  • ladybug2
    Options
    Hi, I'm in night snacks are my downfall will start tom cut off 8:30
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm just checking in. This is Day 2 for me. I was tempted, but I was already out for dinner earlier this evening so I'm avoiding temptation and writing here instead of scavenging in the kitchen. Good luck everyone. Talk to you tomorrow night.
    Zaza
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ok last night i missed my cut off by 20 mintues cause i had to get some more calories in i was way off but i had a small piece of cake and wheat toast with some low fat turkey. Nothing oh wait then hubby came home at 11 30 and had some almonds so scratch that i lied ok still havent gotten to day one yet! To all the others that are doing well congrats and keep up the good work. :smile:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Tonight will be day 4 for me! I am finding that it's easier to say no, you don't need or want that snack because of this challenge, which is really helpful!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Last week I did good and this weekend I messed it up! I will do good again this week.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I fell on my face last night. I worked out for two hours at the gym (from 8-10pm) then I had to get fuel for my van... I walked past the slim jims and bought one and ate it. I was still under for my daily calorie count. It was 10:20pm though. I did stay up with one of my little ones until 1:00am so at least I didn't go straight to bed.:ohwell:

I will start again tonight as day 1. :frown:

106069.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    WE CAN DO IT!
  • msblondy16
    Options
    ok so this is so not working very well for me... i work really long days and then workout afterwards and dont get home until late so then i HAVE to eat because i will have like 600 calories left to eat... how do you guys manage when your lifestyle demands a late dinner? Or if you are up all night working?
  • HEALTHJUNKIE
    Options
    I ate cake for dessert right at my cutoff time, but had 2 pieces of halloween candy in the middle of the night. Not a complete failure though because I normally would have had ice cream AND peanut butter and crackers along with the candy in the middle of the night......I guess I can call it baby steps :-). I'll try it again tonight.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    ok so this is so not working very well for me... i work really long days and then workout afterwards and dont get home until late so then i HAVE to eat because i will have like 600 calories left to eat... how do you guys manage when your lifestyle demands a late dinner? Or if you are up all night working?

Good question. I'd say, try at least to stop 2 hrs before you go to bed. Plus, eating 600 cal at one meal is not the best thing ever (not that I wouldn't end up doing so, way too often :grumble: ). Can't you have a snack somewhere in your bag for about an hour before you leave work? Donno, maybe it's OK the way it is for you, maybe it ain't terribly bad for me either, but I want badly to loose the last 5 lbs before going home for Christmas and thought that this is what I'd like/could to change in my eating habits.

Be positive about it! :flowerforyou:
  • msblondy16
    Options
    yeah i need to get better about eating a little more throughout the day. the problem is that sometimes i work out for an hour and a half and sometimes for like 30 min depending on how I'm feeling/how tired I am/how late i get to the gym. im going to try and get better!

tonight was my night one! i managed to get dinner in right before 9. yay! good luck everyone!!! :happy:
  • dewpearl
    Options
    I know what you mean! I also have my trainings in the evening, and eating more during the day just isn't right, cos what happens if I don't manage to get to it in the evening?

Today was simply not my day :cry: . I have Tom visiting these days... :explode: So.. I also stopped at 9 (had tea only), but I was just so over my calories! :angry: . Actually, the good side of it is that I did stop at 9, if I think about it :smile: . So, let's say it was day 3 for me. Plus, tomorrow's another day, right?:ohwell:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ok day one for me and its hard so im going to bed cause im not sure i can resist the temptation any lnoger.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good job gmukris!! :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work. We can all do this. Will touch base later. Now I'll have to avoid eating or I'll be too embarrassed to come back and say I snacked. Whatever works right?:laugh:
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in on this challenge! My cut off is 9 PM.

Steph