Make up addicts

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried the Tarte Amazonian blushes?

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P278610&categoryId=B70

I'm digging Dollface...

not yet but i am really wanting the 8th wonder of the world set, the blush looks adorable and the foundation brush looks amazing.
    emilynoel83 did a good review and tutorial in one on youtube :) check it out!
    my only concern is i usualy don't look too great with purple eyeshadow. but the others look nice :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I love purple eyeshadows! I have hazel eyes so purple is my go-to color. I'm going to watch Emily Noel's video now!
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    I love makeup but I don't know how to apply it. I'll have to try some of those videos. I end up looking cheap and icky when I do it!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    jaelwoman I'm sure you look better than you think. Definitely check out the youtube videos and maybe grab a couple of the Wet n Wild Color Icon palettes. The color combinations they've provided are fool proof, gorgeous, cheap!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    SO happy I finally got my hands on OPI Shatter. It came out with the Katy Perry collection and my stupid beauty supply store was supposed to put one of each polishes in that collection on hold for me and they never did. So I bought the mini polish set when that came in, which was fine (as I like the colors, but not as gaga in love as I thought I would be), but the mini set didn't come with Shatter. I'd given up and decided I was going to get the China Glaze equivalent, Crackle. Especially because Crackle comes in like 6 awesome colors! But yesterday hubby treated me to a new polish, and they had Shatter at the checkout, and he grabbed it for me. :love: I just now tried it over my current hot pink color...this stuff is F-U-N! It creates such a cool look and each nail is unique. I'm experimenting with brush direction - so far I like the effect a basket weave/criss cross stroke leaves.

Ladies, if you like funky polish, give OPI Shatter a try. Currently black is the only color but very soon there will be white, red, blue, navy, and turquoise available!
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    SO happy I finally got my hands on OPI Shatter. It came out with the Katy Perry collection and my stupid beauty supply store was supposed to put one of each polishes in that collection on hold for me and they never did. So I bought the mini polish set when that came in, which was fine (as I like the colors, but not as gaga in love as I thought I would be), but the mini set didn't come with Shatter. I'd given up and decided I was going to get the China Glaze equivalent, Crackle. Especially because Crackle comes in like 6 awesome colors! But yesterday hubby treated me to a new polish, and they had Shatter at the checkout, and he grabbed it for me. :love: I just now tried it over my current hot pink color...this stuff is F-U-N! It creates such a cool look and each nail is unique. I'm experimenting with brush direction - so far I like the effect a basket weave/criss cross stroke leaves.

Ladies, if you like funky polish, give OPI Shatter a try. Currently black is the only color but very soon there will be white, red, blue, navy, and turquoise available!

i will DEF have to check this outttt
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I took a pic of my Shatter mani, this is black Shatter over Orly Basket Case.

7284f41e.jpg

Pointer and ring finger were painted in a criss-cross/woven pattern, and middle and pinky were straight up/traditionally painted.
  • nolachick
    Options
    yey! finally found this thread again! for some reason i cudnt find it and even when i searched for it on the boards it didnt come up.

i'm currently awaiting a shipment from cherry culture with nyx products, HOPEFULLY its waiting for me when i get home :)

let u know as soon i try them :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    yey! finally found this thread again! for some reason i cudnt find it and even when i searched for it on the boards it didnt come up.

i'm currently awaiting a shipment from cherry culture with nyx products, HOPEFULLY its waiting for me when i get home :)

let u know as soon i try them :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I posted the link on my profile as you requested. Shoulda remembered to check there, silly goose! So was your NYX shipment there when you got home?

I had a little mini haul today from Walgreens. I got three Wet n Wild nail polishes: Burgundy Frost, Caribbean Frost, and Eggplant Frost. They were all on sale for $0.69, so I spent less than $3 for all of these colors. I'm totally using the Caribbean Frost with Shatter tonight for my manicure. I'm excited to see how the glowing shimmer looks peeking out between the shatter cracks!
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    That sounds awesomeeee!
    I too am doing my nails today because we are going away this weekend AND I dont have clinical until next thursday :bigsmile:

I am also getting my hair done at 11:30!! wooo! She's going to put a little bit of a perm in it...as when I lost a lot of my hair from being sick (wahhh...im still not over that) it also lost the curlyness it used to have and now its annoyingly wavy...like not in a good way. more of a frizz wave. yuck. SO i am excited. Hopefully it will also give my hair some much needed volume since my hair is now baby fine. I shall post a picture on my profile later if you guys wanna see how it comes out.

As far as MAKEUP I finally tried both of thos rimmel color palets I bought...the colors are AWESOME but they do NOT last. I am dissapointed. I would have to say the hues are really beautiful...reminds me of MAC when I put it on because it goes on so smoothly and flawlessly...but it is no where near as good in the lenght of stay dept! Good thing they were cheap. ;o)

Well... just got done working out....headed to shower then get my hair did :glasses:
    ttyl<3 hope you all have awesome weekends!
  • nolachick
    Options
    That sounds awesomeeee!
    I too am doing my nails today because we are going away this weekend AND I dont have clinical until next thursday :bigsmile:

I am also getting my hair done at 11:30!! wooo! She's going to put a little bit of a perm in it...as when I lost a lot of my hair from being sick (wahhh...im still not over that) it also lost the curlyness it used to have and now its annoyingly wavy...like not in a good way. more of a frizz wave. yuck. SO i am excited. Hopefully it will also give my hair some much needed volume since my hair is now baby fine. I shall post a picture on my profile later if you guys wanna see how it comes out.

As far as MAKEUP I finally tried both of thos rimmel color palets I bought...the colors are AWESOME but they do NOT last. I am dissapointed. I would have to say the hues are really beautiful...reminds me of MAC when I put it on because it goes on so smoothly and flawlessly...but it is no where near as good in the lenght of stay dept! Good thing they were cheap. ;o)

Well... just got done working out....headed to shower then get my hair did :glasses:
    ttyl<3 hope you all have awesome weekends!

sounds awesome~ i've been letting my nails breathe and regrow cuz i had been putting on gel nails for the past couple of month and they are super brittle and breaking a lot. they are naked right now and it kinda feels good haha.

hope u have fun this wkend too. i never really was impressed by rimmel eye shadows only their blush, lipsticks and maybe lipgloss. did u use a primer? that usually helps. if not i wud highly suggest you try the wet n wild eye shadows those are very inexpensive and with a good primer last all day. :)

@ pink i looked for your response to my question but never found it on your wall. i dont knwo whats up with that.

I sure did get my nyx order and I love every single thing! I will post pictures and details tonight when i get home :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    lainakerr, post the pic of your new do pleeeease! Like nola said, did you use a primer for the shadows? That would definitely help with the longevity.

Nola, how weird that you weren't able to see my response. I posted it as a comment to your post on my page. We SO need a notification system here! We're too talkative to not have a notification system.

Got a free bottle of OPI Chip Skip from a friend. I'd never heard of it before but I'm excited to try it out. She said you put it on before any other polish (base included). It looks really watery, so we'll see. I let her borrow MAC Bad Fairy and OPI Shatter, she was giggling and doing a happy dance when I handed them to her. Hope she likes them!
  • nolachick
    Options
    so i havent gotten around to take pics of my nyx order.... HOWEVER, I did go to Victoria Secret yesterday and took advantage of 2- $10 secret reward cards to buy the following:

uGH can't post the pics for some reason. This sucks!

Go here >>> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=644092182398&id=45707511&aid=2142631&l=dcc74ebf75

sorry the lighting is so bad. i'm working with my camera phone. but this look is entirely with the VS products I posted yesterday except for the lips.
    (in order of how I apply my make up)

face = VS soft focus foundation in medium 40 (very light and smoothe texture)
    cheeks = VS blush trio in PLEASURE
    eyes = VS E/S primer + VS E/S duo in "frenzy" + VS eyeliner in darkchocolate
    lashes= (current fave**) Lancome definicils mascara
    lips = rimmel lip liner in indian pink + NYC gloss in "fashion ave fuschia"
    (This color is SO MUCH BRIGHTER and gorgeous in person)

PRETTY HAPPY WITH MY VS PRODUCTS :)
  • nienhulm
    nienhulm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also a lover of makeup! When I started gaining weight last fall, I sorta did the same thing...rather than buy new clothes in a depressing size, I splurged on the "good stuff" for my face at ULTA. lol I've amassed quite a collection of Urban Decay products, which I absolutely LOVE! :-D Its so fun.

I LOVE Urban Decay's products! I could probably live without the eyeshadow primer potion, but I don't want to!
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    so i havent gotten around to take pics of my nyx order.... HOWEVER, I did go to Victoria Secret yesterday and took advantage of 2- $10 secret reward cards to buy the following:

uGH can't post the pics for some reason. This sucks!

Go here >>> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=644092182398&id=45707511&aid=2142631&l=dcc74ebf75

sorry the lighting is so bad. i'm working with my camera phone. but this look is entirely with the VS products I posted yesterday except for the lips.
    (in order of how I apply my make up)

face = VS soft focus foundation in medium 40 (very light and smoothe texture)
    cheeks = VS blush trio in PLEASURE
    eyes = VS E/S primer + VS E/S duo in "frenzy" + VS eyeliner in darkchocolate
    lashes= (current fave**) Lancome definicils mascara
    lips = rimmel lip liner in indian pink + NYC gloss in "fashion ave fuschia"
    (This color is SO MUCH BRIGHTER and gorgeous in person)

PRETTY HAPPY WITH MY VS PRODUCTS :)

VS's soft focus foundation is what I've used to the past year and a half and i lovelovelove it. I also used medium 40 except for in the duldrums of winter when i am paler than a ghost.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Fun little Physician's Formula haul yesterday! Rite Aid has BOGO 50% off as well as a deal where you spend $20 in PF products and gets $5 +UP bucks (money to spend next time you shop there). I got:

-Happy Booster Bronze (I already have light bronze and was kind of wishing I'd gotten the darker color)
    -Cashmere Wear Ultra-Smoothing Bronzer
    -Powder Palette Multi-Colored Blush in Blushing Berry
    -Eye Definer Automatic Eye Pencil in Midnight Black

I had two $5 off coupons, and both bronzers has sticky coupons (one for $4 off and one for $3 off). So with the sale and the coupons, I ended up spending $17.62 for all four products. With the $5 +UP bucks for next time, it's pretty much like I spent $12.62 for all four! Normally priced these would have cost $44.35.

Yay sales and coupons!

The blush is a pretty hue and has great color payoff. The cashmere bronzer I'm not convinced about, it might be just a tad too orange for my skin but since I've only worn it once I can't judge it yet.
  • nolachick
    Options
    I love the PF $5 coupons that are out! I bought the happy booster blush in natural, it really is nice and I bought their gel pencil liners for blue eyes and brown eyes, my CVS already had 40% off + $5 off I think I might have paid $2 for 6 eyeliners total and like $2 for the blush. COUPONS ARE DA BOMB lol
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    That is totally awesome! Coupons and sales really are the best thing ever. Which is why it makes me sad that there's hardly EVER a sale at Sephora or Ulta. Best they do is 15% off for VIBs once in a blue moon.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    OMG...I totally want ALL of these!

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/04/physicians-formula-powder-palette-mineral-glow-pearls-powder-blush-swatches-photos-review/

I mean, I could really just get translucent pearl and be happy as a clam, but I'm just loving all of Physicians Formula's powder palettes. They're just awesome and adorable!
  • nolachick
    Options
    PINK: those look cute. i am trying to stay away from buying make up but its hard.

what's everyone's favorite face wash/make up remover?

I just ran out of the Estee Lauder foaming face wash and since i've been using this for 2 years wanted to give something else a try.

something that will wash away my make up but isnt harsh on my skin. :)