C25K & C210K support group...

Options

Replies

• e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    Today i did week 6, day 3 of the C25k...i actually ran the 30 straight minutes!! i finished that 30 minute run and started laughing, almost hysterically...it was a great feeling!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Today i did week 6, day 3 of the C25k...i actually ran the 30 straight minutes!! i finished that 30 minute run and started laughing, almost hysterically...it was a great feeling!

YAY! Don't you just feel so proud of yourself? What an accomplishment! Rock on!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of C25K. Everything is going well except the weather won't cooperate. It's snowing again!
  • TS65
    Options
    No run for me today. The top of my foot has been hurting since my last run, and it's the same place I had issues with it last year. So.... I'm going to rest it one more day just to be safe and try to ice it. I'd rather be "out" for a day than sidelined for months (last time I ended up in a boot for over a month!).
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I just finished Wk2 Day2 of C25k. I have completed the program a few times now, but I'm such a slow runner (I wish I had longer legs! ) that I return to C25k to boost my speed. Today, my walk portion was at 4.0 and my runs were at 5.5. I have registered for a 5k at the end of May and my goal is finish under 30min.
  • adnama36
    adnama36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'll be doing w4d3 of c25k later today, and I could really use some encouragement as I get ready for week 5! I've been doing ok on the 5 minute runs this week, but I can't imagine how I'll be able to do 8 minute runs next week...and the 20 minute run at the end of the week has me really nervous! I'd love to hear from anyone who has gotten past week 5...please tell me it's not as bad as I'm afraid it will be!

I know, I need to think positively about this! I keep telling myself...many people have made it through this part. If they can do it, so can I!
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'll be doing w4d3 of c25k later today, and I could really use some encouragement as I get ready for week 5! I've been doing ok on the 5 minute runs this week, but I can't imagine how I'll be able to do 8 minute runs next week...and the 20 minute run at the end of the week has me really nervous! I'd love to hear from anyone who has gotten past week 5...please tell me it's not as bad as I'm afraid it will be!

I know, I need to think positively about this! I keep telling myself...many people have made it through this part. If they can do it, so can I!

I think you will be suprised how much further you can go than you think you can. The 20 minute had me kind of freaked out too but it ended up being my best workout all week! I have the 25 minute run in the morning. AHHHHHHH!
  • adnama36
    adnama36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I think you will be suprised how much further you can go than you think you can. The 20 minute had me kind of freaked out too but it ended up being my best workout all week! I have the 25 minute run in the morning. AHHHHHHH!

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping will happen with me too! Have fun tomorrow morning...I suspect you'll do great!
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I did C25K - well, I suppose I'm still "doing" it, but I'm not using the app anymore. I'm up to running for 25 minutes at a time, which I guess puts me at W7. I need to get up to a 5K by May 22, and I'm currently finishing about 2 miles in 25 minutes (slow, I know). That's about a 12:30 min / mile pace. I'm planning on adding five minutes to one run a week from here on out, so this week I'll do 25 - 25 - 30.

I had to repeat a few weeks in the beginning - W2 and W3 if I remember correctly. But it seemed to get easier from there. I really didn't think I'd be able to do W5 at all - especially the 20 min run, but I just sucked it up and was surprised I was able to finish! I was absolutely thrilled with myself!

Having good music to push you through really helps. I also post my runs on FB, which is motivating. I don't want to *not* post, or post that I had to quit. So I just push myself a little harder.

Good luck to all of you who are starting out! I can't believe I'm up to this point already - I was really struggling just to run for 30 seconds at first!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options

I stopped looking ahead at that point because mentally it freaked me out lol. I was surprised at how easy it was compared to what I had imagined. Obviously I worked hard and pushed for it, but I expected it to kill me and it didn't!

I just did my first Bridge to 10K workout and O.M.G. I tried to bump my running time from 5.2 to 5.3 and it just wasn't happening. I did the first two 10 min intervals at 5.3 and half the 2nd, but I had to drop back to the 5.2. I think I'll focus on distance and not speed for now. My HR hovers around the 160-170 range at my current pace and I'll take that over the 190 it used to get up to when I pushed too fast :P Overall 40 mins jogging, 3 mins walking, 5 min warm up, 5 min cool down. And I lived :)
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    I'm still amping up to start C25K today. :-/ Nervous. What if I can't even hack day one. I'm seriously not a runner. My balance is so off that I'll be gripping the arms of the treadmill while I run so I don't fall (MS makes me clumsy).
  • TS65
    Options
    I'm still amping up to start C25K today. :-/ Nervous. What if I can't even hack day one. I'm seriously not a runner. My balance is so off that I'll be gripping the arms of the treadmill while I run so I don't fall (MS makes me clumsy).

go at your own pace and don't worry about what anyone else is doing. It took me 2 weeks to finish week 1. I only made it half way through the first workout.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Yeah, no, f-that! I should have stuck with my gut instincts - I am NOT a runner.

Got through the five minutes of walking. Amped my tread up to 5MPH and started running. The belt started slipping underneath me and I almost took a header into the front of the thing. That's it! I am NOT a runner. I don't want to be covered in facial bruises or break my legs.

I'll stick to aerobics. My feet may go numb, my calf muscles may swell - but they'll be in one piece the next day. :-/
  • TS65
    Options
    Yeah, no, f-that! I should have stuck with my gut instincts - I am NOT a runner.

Got through the five minutes of walking. Amped my tread up to 5MPH and started running. The belt started slipping underneath me and I almost took a header into the front of the thing. That's it! I am NOT a runner. I don't want to be covered in facial bruises or break my legs.

I'll stick to aerobics. My feet may go numb, my calf muscles may swell - but they'll be in one piece the next day. :-/

ROTFL! Oh honey... 5mph?!? No wonder!!! My run pace is 3.7 (3.4 when I was doing c25k) on the TM and I'm on week5 (of c210k). No wonder you almost took a header! Slow it WAY DOWN and you'll be able to do it!
  • labgirl3
    Options

If you can only make one running interval and walk the rest of the time, then so be it! The next time (or even after a few times), add another interval until you can do the entire W1D1. That might be on W3D3 for you, and that's perfectly fine! Make this program your own and have fun with it so you don't get frustrated and give up. You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • labgirl3
    Options
    I just finished week 1 of c25k. I started last Thursday, so it took me 9 days to finish the first week instead of 7 days. Obviously I know this is not ideal, but if every "week" takes me a couple extra days to complete, does it really matter? I know it will take me longer than 9 weeks, but will the ultimate results not be as good?

Of course your results will be just as good, and possibly even better since you're less likely to get injured! Just repeast days and weeks until you feel like you're ready to move on. But keep in mind that your body is often more ready than your mind is - I've pushed myself a bit on days I was "sure" I wasn't going to make it. Surprise - I did just fine!
  • iarookie
    iarookie Posts: 140
    Options
    I am recommiting myself! Just re- started. C25K w1 d1. 5k scheduled for June 18!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 of c25k. I started last Thursday, so it took me 9 days to finish the first week instead of 7 days. Obviously I know this is not ideal, but if every "week" takes me a couple extra days to complete, does it really matter? I know it will take me longer than 9 weeks, but will the ultimate results not be as good?

Just as good! It took me 12 weeks to complete due to some repeats, but I finished on April 8th. Last week, i just continued to do some long runs and up'ed my time a little bit each day. My first 5k is May 21st.
  • labgirl3
    Options

Not sure you're ready to jump back on the treadmill after that, but just in case - I've been doing this for 3 months (maybe more?) and I'm *still* not up to 5 MPH yet! More like 4.2 - 4.5 (and that's just recently).

If you can go outside, that might work out better. That way you can run at a pace you're comfortable with. :flowerforyou:
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    Today marks the end of week 2 of C25K for me. I try to slightly boost my speed for each run interval. I started today running at 4.0 then 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and back down to 4.0 for the last two runs. Can't wait to see what week 3 feels like:flowerforyou: