Like Minded Lushes April 2011

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• stephbndr
    Options
    I justify my drinking habbit by dancing or at least standing and walking around when I drink. I never sit.
    That's all I have. Lol.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Friday-2 beers and 3 cherry vodkas & diet coke
    Saturday-4 beers
    Sunday- 1 1/2 beers and three glasses of wine

Not too bad for the weekend. Of course, I did still manage to go over calories all three days BAD :grumble: ! I refuse to weigh myself again until saturday (instead of everyday, like a crazy person :laugh: )....just couldn't bare the thought of being WAY up this morning so I made my husband put the scale in the guest bathroom, so I won't be tempted!!!

I do plan on having wine every night this week.....just cause I'm PMSing and I want it cause I'm cranky and it'll help when things get on my nerves......

I am too. Sorry to any guys on this post haha. Luckily I don't get cramps but I do get one heck of an attitude. Most everything annoys me, on top of being cranky when I'm simply tired, I've even more tired during this time so it's about twice the grumpy.

My poor husband....he gets the worst of it.....I usually send a warning via text before I get home if its real bad so he knows I don't hate him :explode:

Haha yeah, my boyfriend might be great at finance but he lacks common sense when it comes to a lot of things. So when he does something that makes me wonder if he even thought about it before doing it, it drives me up the wall. He knows at this point to just not say anything and wait until it's over haha. I'm glad men don't have a monthly, my boyfriend is a big baby when he's "sick" I can only imagine how much of a pain he'd be if he had to go through this garbage :noway:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Went swimming today, doesn't seem to burn off enough calories in relation to how hungry it makes you for the rest of the day :grumble:

OMG I sooo agree! I'm a swimmer in the warmer months and my appetitie goes crazy after workouts.
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Pretty proud of myself from this weekend. A HUGE change from my typical Fri/Sat night.
    Discovered my new fave alcoholic bev: Vodka and Sugar-Free RedBull. It does the job, is fairly tasty and one of the lowest in calories that I've come across!
    Had 3 Friday night and stayed in sober on Saturday. Shared a 16oz coors w/my bf last night (the only one in the house! ha). Thinking wine or vodka with dinner tonight...

As long as I stay away from the beer and can stay at a "happy buzz" rather than a crazy drunkeness, I'll be alright...
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Had a great weekend drinking wise, but not so much diet wise. Oh well, I still managed to lose a little bit and had fun too.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Well, being eliminated from the weight loss contest means I can indulge without remorse...I :heart: :drinker:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Blah, there is Busch Light in the fridge and it's calling me. However I made low sodium (HAH) egg drop soup tonight which threw me over on sodium. Did I mention HAH with the low sodium part? Better than the normal recipe but still. I really don't want to be bloated tomorrow.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Bun, drink some extra water, it'll flush that sodium right out!

Kat, my husband is the same freaking way. I love the man like mad, but holy *kitten*, when he gets a low-grade temp it's like he's dying. OTOH, I'll be puking my brains out and then still taking care of the kids.

Oh, Taylor...I can't believe you just found the deliciousness that is red bull (sugar-free, of course) and vodka. You're young...you'll learn. The older lushes can be, like...your Yoda! Try some flavored vodka with it. You'll thank me.

I was a good girl tonight.

Sunday=4
    Monday=0
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....sugar free Red Bull. My husband's favorite.

Here's my count, although I am not totally sure of how much I drank Sunday:

S - 8 glasses of wine? (there were 4.5 bottles drank between several of us so I think this is fair.)
    M - nada

Not drinking until Thursday - birthday dinner with my girlfriends. See, if my friends weren't such lushes maybe I wouldn't be either. :wink:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    a couple of vodka diet cherry cokes and a night cap of peppermint schnapps and vodka. I did some strength training yesterday but no real burn. I am just not into it. Doing a presentation for customers today. A little nervous but excited. I will probably drink again tonight.

Kim, I hope you enjoyed your remorse free drinking. it was taco night after all right?

We are getting close to 500 posts so you may get locked and have to go to the next thread. be sure to check before you start posting a long one cuz you could lose it.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I finally found a topic that I TOTALLY relate to:-) I dont over do it, but it seems that the older I get, the greater impact having a drink has on my ability to lose weight! I've been drinking skinny margaritas lately... tequila, club soda, & a splash of mix. I also like Mikes Light Hard Cranberry. Both are lower than most drinks, and they work for me. I usually have no more than two, so if I exercise, I can justify the drinks:-)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 6 glasses of wine...

So, after being eliminated from the competition, I'm down 1/2 lb today...it was the damn BBQ that killed me on Saturday...well, and some martinis and beer probably didn't help the situation either.

Yes, Robin, they were quilt-free...but, feeling a bit grapey this morning...I think I forgot to eat dinner and just nibbled as I cooked and drank wine

I work this weekend...so, I will probably indulge one of these other nights...
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    ok.. i admit it.. i'm a lush given half a chance, thats probably why i have so much extra weight.. BUT i have been very good and restricted myself to only one drink in an evening for 5 weeks now.i work my exercise so i have enough spare calories to have one!! weight is dropping off and thats great..its really difficult when friends come for a weekend or we r invited out... they always say oh go on... one more won't hurt... but i know it will hurt on a monday when i weigh in!!! so... one glass of wine or a spritzer or a gin and slimline its going to be... maybe an extra one if we do have company.. i am determined this weight is gonna go
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    ok.. i admit it.. i'm a lush given half a chance, thats probably why i have so much extra weight.. BUT i have been very good and restricted myself to only one drink in an evening for 5 weeks now.i work my exercise so i have enough spare calories to have one!! weight is dropping off and thats great..its really difficult when friends come for a weekend or we r invited out... they always say oh go on... one more won't hurt... but i know it will hurt on a monday when i weigh in!!! so... one glass of wine or a spritzer or a gin and slimline its going to be... maybe an extra one if we do have company.. i am determined this weight is gonna go

Congrats and good luck!!! I agree 100%...I was out with some friends the other day and they "persuaded" me to misbehave.....sometimes I wish I could stay home until I lost all the weight I wanted to, then face temptations!!! :laugh:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Today - 0
    Tomorrow - 0
    Thursday - 6 pack of Blue Moon or less (hanging out with my bestfriend so we'll see how wrapped up in the drinks we get haha) I will be staying well within calories as usual and getting my gallon+ of water as weigh in day is Friday.

Despite yesterdays work out not being up to my standards because my body is still weak from being sick, I've got that wonderful total upper body soreness today =] Cannot wait for Shoulders and Arms tomorrow :smile: Ab ripper and bike ride for today.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday=0 drinks
    I might have none tonight, no plans and DH is out of town. tomorrow looks good for a marg though.
    And Friday is the 19th Annual Microbrews for the Environment! I have been for the last 5 years.
    What should I eat before that? Something to help me drink my money's worth. Tickets are $25 and then beers are a $1 and there's a band. It's always a good time...
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    No drinks for me tonight, just don't mention the ice cream :blushing:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    I will try to go alcohol free until Friday this week too, despite the fridge being full of beer
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    :happy: