The 17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• Ladyap28
    Ladyap28 Posts: 43
    Options
    HI

I just ordered my book, i am really looking forward to the new me. I read many of the poston here and I am so impressed and happy for those that have had such success with the 17 day diet. I hope t be amongst the masses with my weightloss story.

thanks
  • joybellesr
    joybellesr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started the 17 Day Diet today (and found this website when searching for a free food journal). So far so good! Actually felt quite full after dinner, but think I'll have a small snack (ff yogurt with sf jam mixed in) before bed since I'm starting to feel hollow... Nervous about mid-day tomorrow since I'll be out running errands---too easy to just pick up something to eat!

Loving all the support and suggestions here!

~Joy
  • faerlie5
    faerlie5 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of the 17 day diet. I have followed it exact,ly except for the water because I work in the operating room and the 1 WEEK RESULTS.... EIGHT pounds... and I'm eating., it was hard getting over the carb thing. Otherwise.. I do feel much better
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I understand this book is more of a lifestyle change, but does is allow you to introduce carbs back into your diet? I have heard of other diets where if you stop eating the foods it recommends all your weight will come back. I am not talking about falling off the good food wagon and gorging on junk, but I want to learn better ways to eat then choose my own foods without sabotaging my diet.
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    On day 2 today. This morning I weighed myself and I lost 3lbs! 3lbs in ONE DAY! Holy cow! I actually feel pretty great. Last night was rough, I'm a nightime snacker, but I got through it and today I feelt great. That 3lbs loss helps :D I haven't seen the scale budge in a year!
  • rosey808
    Options
    I understand this book is more of a lifestyle change, but does is allow you to introduce carbs back into your diet? I have heard of other diets where if you stop eating the foods it recommends all your weight will come back. I am not talking about falling off the good food wagon and gorging on junk, but I want to learn better ways to eat then choose my own foods without sabotaging my diet.

Yes, carbs are re-introduced. I think that happens in Cycle 3.
  • iheartshae
    iheartshae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    On day 2 today. This morning I weighed myself and I lost 3lbs! 3lbs in ONE DAY! Holy cow! I actually feel pretty great. Last night was rough, I'm a nightime snacker, but I got through it and today I feelt great. That 3lbs loss helps :D I haven't seen the scale budge in a year!

Me too!! 2 pounds. Was trying not to get too excited LOL.

I have to keep seeing a loss to stay motivated... but I'm excited. I just need to eat more.
  • Shebug1
    Shebug1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Check out the article on USA Today's website regarding the new "low carb" diets. The nutrutionist is definitely not a fan...
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! So I guess I started this 17 day diet yesterday but I cheated myself. Today it is back on!! I think that trying to start this while having PMS might have been a bad idea lol. Im a carb freak and damn this is difficult lol. So im not a huge fan of salad, especially with no meat in it, so is that ok to substitute the salad with scrambled egg whites? I think I have too much fruit on my list today but that doesn't seem too bad to me. I have to change a couple of things around with this diet, is that ok? Need a little help!! (My diary is open if anyone wants to look at what I have logged for today to see what I plan on eating)
  • ShannonJohnson
    ShannonJohnson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am going to be getting this book soon and wondering what people are doing for breakfast that does not include eggs? I am not a egg eater and most diets have eggs for the breakfast meals. Any ideas?? Thanks
  • iheartshae
    Options
    I am going to be getting this book soon and wondering what people are doing for breakfast that does not include eggs? I am not a egg eater and most diets have eggs for the breakfast meals. Any ideas?? Thanks

Yogurt & fruit. The book gives some general guidelines and sample menus too.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I'm so glad I finally found a group on here doing the 17 Day Diet. Mind if I join? I am on C1 Day 6 today. I've lost almost 5 lbs already. (Could be more, but I started TOM yesterday so I could be retaining some fluid). I am so excited I'm finally dropping weight and I am not having temptations either.
    I haven't gone over 1200 calories any day, but I am super satisfied and haven't been hungry since day 2.
    I'm really loving what we can eat, because I like healthy food anyway, but having a guideline has just helped me immensly.
  • fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    bump! just wanna keep up
  • kafoteh
    kafoteh Posts: 18
    Options
    Is each Cycle 17 days or is it a total of 17 day with all 4 cycles?
  • rosey808
    Options

Other options are: smoothie's, yogurt, fruit, and cottage cheese. At least in the first cycle
  • MichelleAllen6
    Options
    Hey Guys!!!

I started the 17day diet the second week of february...I have lost a total of 34 pounds! I think it is a great diet. In fact i hate calling it a diet...it is a lifestyle change! I have gone through the first 3 cycles and have since gone back to the first cycle again, since the 4th cycle is a maintain cycle! Good luck on your journey with it! I hope that you like it. Just stick to it, it is simple and it will come off! I still have another 87 pounds to lose, so i will be on this diet for a while! We are in it together! Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions about it! It is pretty simple! :)

Have a great day!

Michelle
  • iheartshae
    Options
    Is each Cycle 17 days or is it a total of 17 day with all 4 cycles?

4 cycles - 17 days each.
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Is it ok to have extra fruit to fill the hunger pangs?
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I don't think so. You are supposed to keep your fruit servings to only 2/day. And none after 2pm. You can fill it with more protein or more veggies.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Hey Guys!!!

I started the 17day diet the second week of february...I have lost a total of 34 pounds! I think it is a great diet. In fact i hate calling it a diet...it is a lifestyle change! I have gone through the first 3 cycles and have since gone back to the first cycle again, since the 4th cycle is a maintain cycle! Good luck on your journey with it! I hope that you like it. Just stick to it, it is simple and it will come off! I still have another 87 pounds to lose, so i will be on this diet for a while! We are in it together! Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions about it! It is pretty simple! :)

Have a great day!

Michelle

Wow! You've done awesome! I'm wanting to lose a total of 55 lbs, so at that rate it won't take me long. I'm loving this way of eating as well.