The 17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    All of us are doing so well, I have not weighed myself yet, I will do so on Friday, started last friday, SO I am on day 5...
    I eat 2 eggs every morning, don't like cottage cheese or smoothies...
    I eat fruit along with that.. and mid morning have a yogurt...
    For lunch, that is my dilema.. WHAT IDEAS FOR LUNCH?
    Natalie
  • iheartshae
    iheartshae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    All of us are doing so well, I have not weighed myself yet, I will do so on Friday, started last friday, SO I am on day 5...
    I eat 2 eggs every morning, don't like cottage cheese or smoothies...
    I eat fruit along with that.. and mid morning have a yogurt...
    For lunch, that is my dilema.. WHAT IDEAS FOR LUNCH?
    Natalie

And I need more calories...I do NOT like yogurt or cottage cheese so what else can I eat??? There's chicken on my salad today....
  • gimmebackmybod
    Options
    bump! I am so buying this book tonight when i go to wal-mart. Only one question....there are only a few fruits and veggies I can eat without gagging, do you think I can get by on just lots of the same things or is it pretty specific, like "you MUST eat celery at this meal and an orange at this meal"? Also, can you exercise MORE than 17 mins a day or will that screw it up somehow?
    Okay so maybe i should just get the book and read it ;) but thanks in advance for helping me out!
  • Stacey765
    Stacey765 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I just started this morning, well... I tried to start yesterday, but I am such a night muncher! --> I killed it, BIG TIME. So hopefully I will do better today. For me, the day is never the hard part, with work and everything, my mind is focus elsewhere. It's at night that’s really hard! I am really determined to get this to work for me this time though (like many of us, I have been on countless diets before) I am going to be in a wedding in June So, I really want to lose as much as possible—But I do want to be healthy about it so it doesn’t come right back, that would kinda defeat the purpose right? Tehe! I am not going to suffer through the first couple of days to put it all back on in a couple of months!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    bump! I am so buying this book tonight when i go to wal-mart. Only one question....there are only a few fruits and veggies I can eat without gagging, do you think I can get by on just lots of the same things or is it pretty specific, like "you MUST eat celery at this meal and an orange at this meal"? Also, can you exercise MORE than 17 mins a day or will that screw it up somehow?
    Okay so maybe i should just get the book and read it ;) but thanks in advance for helping me out!

You don't HAVE to eat certain veggies at a certain time. You just can't eat fruit after 2pm, so whatever fruit you do eat, just don't eat it after 2 and you'll be good to go.
    And I don't think exercising more than 17 mins would screw it up, but I wouldn't work out intensively because you are eating pretty low calorie on cycle 1.
  • katslosingit
    katslosingit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between this diet and Atkins? I haven't read the book but reading through here seems very similar.
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • soundtrack
    soundtrack Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between this diet and Atkins? I haven't read the book but reading through here seems very similar.
    Wondering the same thing...
  • iheartshae
    Options
    Wondering the same thing...

I don't know much about Atkins. But from what I read the first cycle is basically Atkins. Only in the first 17 days you're not eating red meat. Only chicken, turkey, and fish.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I've done Atkins before and I don't think it's ANYTHING like it. On Atkins, you are supposed to keep your carb below 20/day and right now I am averaging 60/day. I just feel like I am eating so much healthier. For my lifestyle, Atkins is just not sustainable. I could not do extremely low carb for my entire life. I feel like this teaches you to curb your sugar cravings, then add in healthy carbs a little at a time.
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LDL15
    LDL15 Posts: 12
    Options
    Does anyone know what's the difference between this and following the p90x nutrition plan?
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! So I guess I started this 17 day diet yesterday but I cheated myself. Today it is back on!! I think that trying to start this while having PMS might have been a bad idea lol. Im a carb freak and damn this is difficult lol. So im not a huge fan of salad, especially with no meat in it, so is that ok to substitute the salad with scrambled egg whites? I think I have too much fruit on my list today but that doesn't seem too bad to me. I have to change a couple of things around with this diet, is that ok? Need a little help!! (My diary is open if anyone wants to look at what I have logged for today to see what I plan on eating)

Hi there.
    I took a little peek at your diary.
    May I suggest...less fruit..more veggies..and protein...chicken...turkey..tuna......You need something substantial in your stomach. Fruit is not filling.
    I have a super salad every day for lunch...and toss in 4-6 oz of chicken or turkey or salmon or tuna...
    Chicken and broccoli for dinner is an old stand-by.....been around for ages...
    You can do this!
    Good luck!
    :bigsmile:
  • bluespring
    Options
    I'm so glad I finally found a group on here doing the 17 Day Diet. Mind if I join? I am on C1 Day 6 today. I've lost almost 5 lbs already. (Could be more, but I started TOM yesterday so I could be retaining some fluid). I am so excited I'm finally dropping weight and I am not having temptations either.
    I haven't gone over 1200 calories any day, but I am super satisfied and haven't been hungry since day 2.
    I'm really loving what we can eat, because I like healthy food anyway, but having a guideline has just helped me immensly.

Nice to see you!
    Congrats on your loss!
    That's great!
    Don't know if you're into herbal teas...but may I suggest Dandelion Root tea for TOM? Works well for the bloat...and really moves things along.
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded this book and started reading it. Do any of you know if the detoxification process is rough? I ask this because I am still nursing my son and wouldn't want this to cause him to get sick or lose my milk supply. Maybe I can just play it by ear not sticking to the diet completely but atleast doing the recipes in order to keep my milk. Anyone have an answer or is in the same situation?
  • iheartshae
    Options
    Can anyone suggest a yogurt that doesn't taste so um...yogurt-y?? I HATE yogurt like HATE IT. I gag before it even gets near my throat.... I need to get some more food in to get some more calories in and thought that was a good way (i'm taking a probiotic pill instead of eating the probiotic food).
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Good to see so many people trying this diet.. it's not to bad, a wee bit hungry this afternoon, I should have eaten more at lunch, but I will eat at dinner time.
    Chicken, veggie, what else is there? Salad? sometimes don't feel like a salad...
    Had my fruit before 2 pm.
    saving yogurt for after dinner as a dessert.
    I can do this, i keep telling myself...

Natalie
  • bluespring
    Options
    I just downloaded this book and started reading it. Do any of you know if the detoxification process is rough? I ask this because I am still nursing my son and wouldn't want this to cause him to get sick or lose my milk supply. Maybe I can just play it by ear not sticking to the diet completely but atleast doing the recipes in order to keep my milk. Anyone have an answer or is in the same situation?

Hi there.
    Congrats on your new addition!
    Dr. Mike has a Q & A here:
    http://www.the17daydiet.com/faq//

He says this:
    Q: I am a nursing mother. Is this diet for me?
    A: We do not recommend this diet to pregnant or nursing mothers.

And a few people said this:
    The reason for the disclaimer is that nursing moms need a few more calories per day to keep up milk production!
    Need more calories to make milk, you need more dairy products so your body doesn’t rob the calcium from your bones. You need more carbs for fuel since you burn 500 calories a day just to produce milk.

So...not yet. It is a good healthy plan to follow...just add more dairy, carbs etc.
    Good luck!
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    SOUNDS GOOD WHERE DO I BUY THE BOOK AND WHATS THE NAME ??:smile:
  • bluespring
    Options
    SOUNDS GOOD WHERE DO I BUY THE BOOK AND WHATS THE NAME ??:smile:

Hi ya.
    It's called....The 17 Day Diet....by Dr. Mike Moreno..Easy to spot by its dreadful pink jacket!
    You can really get it any where now...Walmart, Amazon...your local bookstores.