April Walking Challenge! Lets keep walking!

Options

Replies

• Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    So happy to join, I know we don't have much left of April, but my goal is to get at least 20 minutes of walking in a day, Mon thru Sat, until I deliver my baby in early June. My siggy only shows what I need to do for April, I think I'll just do a new one every month, since pregnancy gets a little unpredictable as the due date gets closer. :)
  • Improvised
    Options
    Cricket Kate, that's amazing! Keep it up. :)
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    01/04 - 0.8 miles
    04/04 - 2 miles
    07/04 - 2.5 miles
    08/04 - 2.1 miles
    11/04 - 2.3 miles
    12/04 - 2.4 miles
    13/04 - 1.1 miles
    17/04 - 2 miles
    18/04 - 2.6 miles
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

2.5 hours done today in two dog walks.

Good Luck with your walks tomorrow.
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Another 4.3 miles done today! Happy walking!
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    hi everyone...yesterday i did 60 mins on the treadmill...i think that puts me at the half way mark to 900 ..YAY

I put some progress pics on my profile if anyone wants to check it out...i needed some motivation ...to feel like i am getting some progress!
  • Improvised
    Options
    I went walking with the kids in the rain today. Kids LOVED it, and I don't mind, maybe cause I'm originally from Seattle. I love the smell of rain, fresh dirt, wet leaves, mmmm!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    3 more miles today :-)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I'm up to 21.5 miles as of today! just on walking - a lot more on my bike!
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Walked 5.4 miles today:happy: :flowerforyou: Good luck all! Keep walking! The sun is shining here, a beautiful day means more walking!!
  • Anise76
    Anise76 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Another 65 minutes today (so far) - only 683 to go in 11 days - I'm gonna hit it somehow, despite having little time from Friday through to Monday, and then back to work next week!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have walked 19 miles so far this month...
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Have just done an hour dog walking,its a little too hot for the dog,so have had to cut it short a lttle.

Good Luck.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    40 minutes today!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    18/4 = 2.5miles (Fat Burninng Miles. I did 'walk+jog').
    19/4 = 5 miles (Leslie Sansone 5 day slim down) + 2.5 miles

LouiseXXX
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Glad your all keeping up. I skipped out the last few weeks and didn't check in (bad me...I know). The last week I hurt my ankle again ... :grumble: How am I supposed to keep going if I can't walk on it...darn body.

But its all healed up, and I did 30 minutes last night. :) Tonight I'll be doing 60 if all goes well.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am getting really into this...I did 15 minutes on lunch and another 30 mins on my treadmill... the weather is horrible here in NY AGAIN! rain rainier, hail, cold, flurries, cold ...go AWAY! As soon as we get a nice night our walking club is going to get together I can't wait...thats a 60 minute walk! woo hoo...i can feel the poundage melting away!
  • jeritaylor
    jeritaylor Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I am here to check in and to share some good news and some bad news.

First the bad news .... I am a little embarrassed to tell you about my first 5K race that I was registered for on April 9th. After 8 weeks of doing the Couch Potato to 5K program I was so excited about the race. I knew that I could finish, but not sure of the speed. I was just going to be happy with a finish. Well the day of the race arrived and I was ready with my number on my shirt, my running shoes, and determination to finish. My husband and I go to the race only to find out that it had started 15 minutes before we arrived!!!!!! People were finishing the race within minutes of our arrival. I was disappointed with myself and even mad at myself for not checking the time again the night before the race. We watched the finishers, left for home, and had a long sad ride home. A word of advice always check the start time of a race -- all races do not begin at the same time.

Now for the GOOD NEWS -- we found a 5K race for the following weekend (April 16) and we registered, checked the start time, and arrived an hour early. I was very nervous about the race but the determination to finish was still inside me. The race began and I was able to run most of the race. I crossed the finish line with a time of 30:58 which I was very proud of. When I checked the leader board I found that I was 2nd in my age group. I am still excited about the 5K that I actually ran and I am looking forward to another someday soon.

Thank you for listening to my 5K story.

:smile:

Here is my latest walking/running activity.
    4/11 - 4 miles
    4/12 -4
    4/13 -5
    4/14-3
    4/15-0
    4/16-7
    4/17-0
    4/18-5

Happy Walking!
  • patricia92d
    Options
    ill do it starting tomorrow :D itll be fun hmmmm and its just for april? lets seeee uhhh i thonk i can do 300 mins this month :D lets do it (game face)

exercise.png
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    @jeritaylor - That is so exciting about your first 5K...er...2nd one attended. lol I'm signed up for a half marathon in December...after your story I'm probably going to show up early. lol I'd be so mad if I got there and it had already started! Are you going to do anymore this year?