Who wants to start 30 day shred with me tomorrow?!?

Options

Replies

• Ashtrizzle
    Options
    Going to start this today!

Just did not initial measurements

Weight- 150 lbs
    Arm- 13"
    Stomach- 36"
    Butt- 42.5"
    Thigh- 25"
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im with you - I dont think its really enough cardio. I still plan on walking and keeping up with that. But, for those jiggly bits and toning - its perfect. As sore as we all are - it must right!! haha

Im thrilled so many of you got at it today!! It also makes me feel better knowing Im not the only one that thinks its tough! Jillian makes it look so easy talking and lunging super deep. Bah! I havent previewed the other levels yet....leaving those as little surprises for myself so I dont get scared ;)
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Hopefully I will be borrowing a copy of the dvd, if not I will go buy it! How will we keep in touch? I'm still new to this... I took bra/panty pics on Thursday so I think that's sufficient. I'm not posting them til the end though because they're too hideous to post without "after" pics! Lol...let's do this!!
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i do it off and on, but starting tomorrow, ill try and commit to 30 days straight! feel free to add me!
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I'm recording this as Circuit Training on my exercise tracker. You too??
    It's not a high burn in total, but good for just 20 minutes of work. (at my weight it is showing at 211 cal)
    I'm plenty sweaty at the end, and arms/chest are sore - but I definitely need more cardio and leg challenge. (this may change at level 2:)

I am adding at least 3 cardio workouts in per week - at least 45 min each.

Newbies: you can easily follow this thread by going to Community, then to My Topics
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I actually started last Wednesday, but I skipped Friday, Sat and Sun...and started up again today! :) I'm starting over, so today was D1L1!

When should we switch levels? At first I thought I should do 30 days at level 1, then 30 at 2, and so forth but now I'm seeing people move up to level 2 pretty quickly?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im thinking a 10/10/10 thing myself. Anyone looked ahead at how hard level 3 is? I can always go back to one for a day if Im too sore to do the harder ones.
  • mrmchap
    mrmchap Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I decided that the 30 day shred just wasnt enough so I did 20 mins on the treadmill as well. I need to get my body losing weight as well as inches!

I wanted to say as well that I will be doing this 5 days a week. I can't work out on the weekends we just have way to much going on! So it may take me a few extra days to finish mine up (unless I can sneak it in!)
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Im thinking a 10/10/10 thing myself. Anyone looked ahead at how hard level 3 is? I can always go back to one for a day if Im too sore to do the harder ones.

That sounds like a good idea! I will have to do that.
  • espia
    espia Posts: 4
    Options
    i'm in!!! i completed day 1 today :D
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    I agree with everyone that its not quite enough cardio. I am going to try to do the shred 5 days a week but 3-4 days I'm going to throw in 20-30 mins on my stationary bike.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Wow I just did my first day of 30 day shred then found this post so that works out great.

it was much harder than I thought it would be but I am going to try and work in some gym time too.

How is everyone logging on MFP? I could not find 30 Day Shred listed
  • emilyeleanor
    Options
    Here are my starting measurements:

Weight: 167.7
    Chest: 35.5
    Stomach: 39.5
    Waist: 32.75
    Hips: 40
    Thighs: 24
    Arms: 13.5

I hope to get up early tomorrow and get day 2 over with before going to class! Good luck everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Completed level 1 day 1 this evening, I totally forgot how invigorting this workout is.
  • perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I enter the 30DS as 20 minutes of Circuit Training, General.

Love this workout - kicks my *kitten* every day! I am on Day 25, and I'm really looking forward to completing the whole 30 days for the first time. I tried it last year, but I was 30 lbs heavier than I am now and I found an excuse to quit. I thinknit's important to do it everyday, and to modify so you can do it, and to only pause for 5 seconds like Jillian says. Any longer and it's so much harder to keep going. I've discovered that your body will do it, it's kind of like a machine, but it's your brain that you have go overcome! Literally mind over matter. Also, my muscles eventually loosen up as I do the workout, even if they are screaming.

I found the cardio in level one really hard on my calves, except for in curcuit three when she rotates through all four moves. So, for each circuit, I rotate through all four rather than follow her. Level two was brutal for all the plank stuff, and level three is killer on your legs with all the squat moves. Each level really does seem to target and strengthen different areas. It's BRUTAL and I love it. It's a great way to push myself without the cost of a personal trainer.

Keep it up! You can do it!!
    Keep it up everyone! You can do it!!!
  • perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I planned on doing ten days at each level. I started the level doing mostly the adapted moves and gradually building up to doing the more advanced moves. I'm currently on Day 25 (just finished the workout) and in level three, mostly adapted moves. I'm anxious to do it again in a few months and see how I do.
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I did my first day today! Not bad!
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would do it with you but my DVD hasn't come in the mail yet. I can't wait to try it though. I hope you do great :smile:
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Day 2 not as bad as day one:) missed my 0400 wakeup (I was planning on 30ds then going to the gym) but kept to my promise to myself to stick with 30ds.

Hope everyone as a great day and don't forget to shred!
  • shimmerlady
    shimmerlady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Can I join too, did day 1 of level 1 today and found it very hard.

had not done any "official" proper exercise in about 2 weeks and really felt this.

Need a lot of shredding going on!!!